collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Desperately Press-ing around  (Read 4589 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Desperately Press-ing around
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 03:06:33 PM »
The sin bin is something, I have thought for sometime, that should be brought into football.

I think it would be terrible. Bookings are much more subjective than red cards, we would end up even more shafted by referees. Think how many times Grealish gets kicked per game before referees even think about reaching for their pockets, for instance. Plus you would have to have a US-sport style stopped clock or people would just time waste for all of the ten minutes. You get two or three bookings per side and football becomes unwatchable.

The sin bin currently in use at grass roots levels only applies to dissent, not fouls.

Thanks, didn't realise that. I still wouldn't be in favour, that rule isn't applied even vaguely consistently. I seem to remember Wayne Rooney would spend the entirety of each game mouthing off at the officials and never get booked for it while he was playing for Man U, while a Villa player would get a yellow card for saying "are you quite sure old chap?"

It would just be another way of shafting Villa... and I don't see how it is workable unless you stop the clock. If my team were down to ten men, I'd just instruct the goalkeeper to go down clutching his head for ten minutes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 03:21:08 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 03:17:52 PM »
The sin bin is something, I have thought for sometime, that should be brought into football.

If he went to clutch his head Reina would miss.

I think it would be terrible. Bookings are much more subjective than red cards, we would end up even more shafted by referees. Think how many times Grealish gets kicked per game before referees even think about reaching for their pockets, for instance. Plus you would have to have a US-sport style stopped clock or people would just time waste for all of the ten minutes. You get two or three bookings per side and football becomes unwatchable.

The sin bin currently in use at grass roots levels only applies to dissent, not fouls.

Thanks, didn't realise that. I still wouldn't be in favour, that rule isn't applied even vaguely consistently. I seem to remember Wayne Rooney would spend the entirety of each game mouthing off at the officialz and never get booked for it while he was playing for Man U, while a Villa player would get a yellow card for saying "are you quite sure old chap?".

It would just be another way of shafting Villa... and I don't see how it is workable unless you stop the clock. If my team were down to ten men, I'd just instruct the goalkeeper to go down clutching his head for ten minutes.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 08:28:57 PM »
All grassroots football now cancelled

Offline nigel

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2020, 09:01:18 PM »
It's interesting that games at The Glades were on. Hampton, next door, cancelled the kids games which were scheduled for Saturday morning.

The Glades was the West Midlands Fire Service ground.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2020, 09:08:20 AM »
Great read Dave.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2020, 10:41:18 AM »
Great read Dave.

Thanks Big Daz. Are you looking after yourself?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2020, 01:37:13 PM »
Great read Dave.

Thanks Big Daz. Are you looking after yourself?

Yes thanks Dave I've been good.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2020, 07:53:24 PM »
It's interesting that games at The Glades were on. Hampton, next door, cancelled the kids games which were scheduled for Saturday morning.

It's a better ground than Hampton's next door but doesn't get used as much.

Offline nigel

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2020, 07:03:35 PM »

The football pitch was always well looked after, Dave, certainly better that the rugby pitch that was behind the club house
If I remember correctly it was the WMFS that had the stand built, at some considerable cost, only to sell the ground not long after.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2020, 12:17:25 AM »

The football pitch was always well looked after, Dave, certainly better that the rugby pitch that was behind the club house
If I remember correctly it was the WMFS that had the stand built, at some considerable cost, only to sell the ground not long after.

I don't know about the stand being built but I don't think there's a rugby pitch there now. There's a bit of waste ground leading to Hampton's ground and junior pitches between them. 

Online DesBremner

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2020, 02:26:25 PM »

I don't know about the stand being built but I don't think there's a rugby pitch there now. There's a bit of waste ground leading to Hampton's ground and junior pitches between them. 

That's not waste ground
It's where we train (ed)

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2020, 05:45:28 PM »
I meant the bit where you can walk betwen the grounds.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal