collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 12:31:02 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:30:53 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 12:21:32 PM]

Diego Carlos by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:14:13 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:11:02 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 11:49:23 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:19:21 AM]

Champions League Contention by Sdwbvf
[Today at 11:06:33 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 12:31:02 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill

Re: Ollie Watkins by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:30:15 PM]

[Today at 12:29:33 PM]

[Today at 12:25:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 12:25:33 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 12:21:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 45492 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Next manager
« Reply #315 on: July 11, 2020, 08:48:47 PM »
A manager who can define a clear attacking strategy and implement it, but at the same time have the ability to adapt and change things when they’re not going to plan.

One of the worst things about Dean is it feels like he’s following a specific script. Same “plan”, same subs introduced at the same time every week etc.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #316 on: July 11, 2020, 08:50:30 PM »
Daniel Farke anyone ?? Couldn't keep Norridge up - but got them playing football -= and will promote talent.
If it pans out like it looks it will, replacing your manager with the only one who was worse seems counter-intuitive.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #317 on: July 11, 2020, 08:58:53 PM »
Let's not fall out again, VCTM. I've been impressed by some of your recent posts on the Black Lives Matter thread and so you seem a good guy.

Just don't get so offended whenever anyone criticises anything to do with the city with ferries and liver birds, yeah?

You'll find quite a few people don't like the perennially diving, DJ beating, Mr Liverpool.
No need for condescension CD - I'll post exactly what I want as long  I do not break the site rules - personally I don't give a fig what you think of me - making statements about someone being a **** when you've never met someone smacks of immaturity - as a former junior football coach I've met several Liverpool and Everton players who without exception have been excellent ambassadors - Gerrard is amongst that group - I am also lucky to live in a nice area frequented by footballers - I have met Gerrard many times through football and socially and found him to be polite and courteous but sometimes a bit of a " miseryarse":) The story about his spat with a dj was overblown somewhat - if it makes you feel better - his home is overseen by security cameras and two guards 24/7 because his and his young family have received death  threats on a few occasions ......maybe I might come across as A****if I was under those kinds of pressures - I take it you don't want his autograph :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
VCTM

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #318 on: July 11, 2020, 08:59:04 PM »
anyway I think it’s all done and dusted for Dyche

That would be a superb appointment. Best since 2006...if you are onto something.

timing again

He’s heavily roumered to be leaving Burnley at the seasons end
he’s currently in fashion along with Wilder (A short while ago it would have been Howe)
were looking for a good manager
and Vinnie says he’s high on the list

I’m putting it all together and calling it

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #319 on: July 11, 2020, 09:00:18 PM »

I just can't see it. Why on earth would you risk it in his shoes. Love it to be true though.

« Reply #320 on: July 11, 2020, 09:06:33 PM »
I disagree with calling him a c***.

The official terminology for Slippy G is massive c***.
Behave yourself ......sigh

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #321 on: July 11, 2020, 09:09:22 PM »
Let's not fall out again, VCTM. I've been impressed by some of your recent posts on the Black Lives Matter thread and so you seem a good guy.

Just don't get so offended whenever anyone criticises anything to do with the city with ferries and liver birds, yeah?

You'll find quite a few people don't like the perennially diving, DJ beating, Mr Liverpool.
No need for condescension CD - I'll post exactly what I want as long  I do not break the site rules - personally I don't give a fig what you think of me - making statements about someone being a **** when you've never met someone smacks of immaturity - as a former junior football coach I've met several Liverpool and Everton players who without exception have been excellent ambassadors - Gerrard is amongst that group - I am also lucky to live in a nice area frequented by footballers - I have met Gerrard many times through football and socially and found him to be polite and courteous but sometimes a bit of a " miseryarse":) The story about his spat with a dj was overblown somewhat - if it makes you feel better - his home is overseen by security cameras and two guards 24/7 because his and his young family have received death  threats on a few occasions ......maybe I might come across as A****if I was under those kinds of pressures - I take it you don't want his autograph :)
VCTM

I was trying to be conciliatory, not condescending. As I said, I don't want to fall out. Please don't make posters feel like they're walking on eggshells whenever they slag off a Liverpool player though. You have a habit of that. Enjoy your weekend, too.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 09:10:57 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #322 on: July 11, 2020, 09:13:46 PM »
If Suso is still here the next manager will be from the Belgium league.

4th Division Belgian League

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #323 on: July 11, 2020, 09:17:32 PM »
Pochettino isn't going to manage a Championship club.

probably not but Benitez is managing  in China why ?

12 mill a year that’s why

never forget Money talks

Money does indeed talk. There are Champions League clubs who have a lot of it and can and will offer a lot of theirs to Pochettino some time soon.

Howard Hodgson has money, as does Daniel Craig. I know who stands a better chance of getting off with Halle Berry.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #324 on: July 11, 2020, 09:18:43 PM »
Howe is a good shout.  Was the next big thing and sustained ‘success’ at Bournemouth for longer than he should.  Awful in the transfer market but we have other people for that (well should have).

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #325 on: July 11, 2020, 09:23:53 PM »
If not Dyche then Jokanovic.

« Reply #326 on: July 11, 2020, 09:28:23 PM »

VCTM

I was trying to be conciliatory, not condescending. As I said, I don't want to fall out. Please don't make posters feel like they're walking on eggshells whenever they slag off a Liverpool player though. You have a habit of that. Enjoy your weekend, too.
No worries ........hoping the blue half of Liverpool don't relegate us as i fear the anti Scouse brigade will go into melt down .......as an aside - I was talking with Yerry Mina recently ( he lives five doors down from me ) - about stuff and another neighbour (Evertonian) told him I was a Villa fan - Mina smiled and said "oh dear my friend.....you NEED to change your team"
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry
Finally - almost without exception my buddies who support Liverpool/Everton are genuinely disappointed Villa 'are in such a position - we are held in high esteem up here
Again - I wish you a decent weekend UTV
VCTM

Online David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #327 on: July 11, 2020, 09:34:38 PM »
Daniel Farke anyone ?? Couldn't keep Norridge up - but got them playing football -= and will promote talent.

Same issue as Dean , his teams can't defend.They got away with it in Championship as they were great going forward and won many games coming from behind in high scoring matches but at higher level they needed to adapt and didn't.That said was given no funds as they expected relegation from the start which is why he will be kept on for next season.

They will challenge next season as they have no money concerns and will likely sell a few like Cantwell for decent fees

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #328 on: July 11, 2020, 09:38:15 PM »

That would be a superb appointment. Best since 2006...if you are onto something.

timing again

he’s currently in fashion along with Wilder (A short while ago it would have been Howe)

The first thing that will change is the DOF. He will In turn have a massive impact on who the next manager/coach is.
Suso is gone.

I’d suggest the ‘plan’ is quite far along given how we’re going to have to get a move on pretty quick come seasons end (recruitment)
If we get DOF target we want then we would all be pleased

« Reply #329 on: July 11, 2020, 09:40:57 PM »

timing again

The first thing that will change is the DOF. He will In turn have a massive impact on who the next manager/coach is.
Suso is gone.

I’d suggest the ‘plan’ is quite far along given how we’re going to have to get a move on pretty quick come seasons end (recruitment)
If we get DOF target we want then we would all be pleased
Who is the D OF at Southampton? They seem to have a steady set up

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal