collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 746836 times)

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #6030 on: December 08, 2021, 10:04:38 PM »
You can download as a PDF which should be accessible without internet I think

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #6031 on: December 08, 2021, 10:21:36 PM »
I really don’t fancy the chances of the people who have to check/validate covid passes of 40k people on a matchday.
Even a tiny portion of those people being pissed/argumentative/aggressive is going to create problems.

And,how the fuck does showing a piece paper/qr code prove that you don’t actually have covid at that precise moment in time?
Given the mentality of some of the people who attend football, I’m guessing they’d still attend even if they know they have the virus.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #6032 on: December 09, 2021, 09:26:21 AM »
I do worry about the security aspect of us having all our personal nhs/ info on our phones. I can see so many data breaches happening in next few years.

If your phone gets nicked and they crack your phone they have access to your nhs number and other sensitive data

One final point, when i last went a steward opening said he isnt taking vaccine.  So kind of defies all logic doesnt it if you have other people in the ground  doing the same as the fans?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #6033 on: December 09, 2021, 01:25:31 PM »
And,how the fuck does showing a piece paper/qr code prove that you don’t actually have covid at that precise moment in time?

Which makes the whole process a joke - just like it only seemingly operates as a risk when you stand up in somewhere - sit down in a pub / restaurant and all is ok..

I fear this pathetic government (that i am ashamed to say i voted for) will use anything to deflect our attention away from their complete incompetence - and this new strain provides a perfect misdirection

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #6034 on: December 09, 2021, 01:31:30 PM »
I attended 3 gigs in the Autumn at the Dome and they checked everytime. Loads of people had issues including being unable to access the App at the venue. We had to walk back as far as Pagoda Island to get the signal back.

As far as checking was concerned it was just a cursary look and that's what will happen at Villa Park. No one really gives a fuck anyway, it's only been bought in as a diversionary tactic by the Government so no one will take it that seriously.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #6035 on: December 09, 2021, 01:44:35 PM »
*download pdf*
*make available offline*
*add to homescreen*

Luddites.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #6036 on: December 09, 2021, 01:47:45 PM »
Everything is based on legal liability.
Think smoking ban - the onus is on the owner / proprietor to have signage up and to enforce the rules as any punter / other employee exposed to allowed smoke that contracted a smoking related disease (Roy Castle springs to mind) could sue the employer for exposing them to that risk.

This is exactly the same. If the Government completely ignored scientific advisors (and lets face it not a single published forecast on numbers has been correct yet) then if found liable in law would cost them millions in compo. So they put the restrictions for businesses to enforce which they seemingly cannot on any significant scale - so they tend to go through the motions and then you have to ask what is the point .

I know of several people that have travelled abroad to different locations and have used the same return 2 day test bar code each time (they have to be sure taken the free test at home with negative results of course) - not a thing has been said or done as it is just too big to manage but it is seen that controls are in place

Its all a joke (not covid before anyone claims i am a nutter)  but they way it has been managed by this fucking lot

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6037 on: December 09, 2021, 01:52:52 PM »
I use the NHS app then download pdf onto phone sorted.

Online Nii Lamptey

« Reply #6038 on: December 09, 2021, 02:10:57 PM »
It took me almost 30 mins to get into Trinity Road Upper against Leicester (missing the first 5 mins of the game), caused by day tripper fans seemingly with no clue how to pass a QR code, be it on paper or via email on their phones, through the reader at the turnstiles. No sign of stewards walking along the queues advising fans to prepare their tickets and tell them what they need to do. It's going to be a disaster next game. We may have one of the grandest grounds in the country, but matchday operations are an utter shambles at Villa Park.

*Going to have to leave a couple of hours earlier to contend with the longer queues caused by covidiots, and the dicks who make a scene in front of the stewards, when they should be turning their frustrations towards that floppy haired cockwomble in Downing Street (*who most of them probably voted for!).

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #6039 on: December 09, 2021, 02:21:10 PM »
Does my fkn fruit. So many times there's someone wedged in the turnstiles who's downloaded all the group's tickets onto one phone, desperately rifling through his emails as he wakes up to the realisation that yes, you do need a different ticket for each person, and no, you can't use the same one twice.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #6040 on: December 09, 2021, 07:10:43 PM »
9 Leicester players out with it apparently - that could impact us given that we played them past week.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #6041 on: December 09, 2021, 08:10:08 PM »
can see another football lockdown before the end of the season.  Hope not but wouldn't put any money on it either way.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #6042 on: December 10, 2021, 12:35:12 AM »
I think we will almost certainly see something close to a Full Lockdown come January. 

Hospitalisations are starting to creep up and the case numbers are very high, although we test around 1 million people per day which is extremely high so 50,000 positive  cases isn't as bad as it seems.

I can see large scale protests this Weekend and complete disregard for the rules after the Downing Street Party revelations. 

I fear Football and any sort of enjoyment will again suffer. The Travel Industry has took another major blow. The Premier League Football Clubs can sustain it but other local businesses who rely on Matchday Trade can't . This time it looks like there is no financial support.

It really does feel like we have been taken for fools and even some of Johnsons biggest supporters are regretting voting for him and his corrupt party.. It's an absolute disgrace and the whole country has a right to be furious
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 12:37:49 AM by Flin5tone »

Offline sid1964

« Reply #6043 on: December 10, 2021, 07:08:05 AM »
It would be interesting to know of all these footballers who are getting the COVID how many have been fully jabbed?

They were probably all on the piss in some shit London bar having their Christmas party when they caught the COVid

This could mess up Spurs chances of qualifying for Europe, as there players will take a few weeks to get back into training and playing football, hopefully if we can continue our recent good form we can take advantage of this and finish in the top 6
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 07:11:02 AM by sid1964 »

Offline nuninho

« Reply #6044 on: December 10, 2021, 08:04:40 AM »
NHS QR Code checking is a joke.  I went to see Shed Seven last weekend at Leicester, showed my code, got let in and have still come down with Covid.  I've not been anywhere else.  I'm fine, but the worry is that it doesn't build any confidence for future events.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal