collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 746777 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #1696 on: April 04, 2020, 06:24:20 PM »
I think the last paragraph about deferrals rather than cuts speak volumes.
The bottom line is ,the money to keep paying the players does not exist.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1697 on: April 04, 2020, 06:43:38 PM »
Proof positive it’s ONLY about the money.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1698 on: April 04, 2020, 07:04:20 PM »
Proof positive it’s ONLY about the money.
I think that position was reached a long time ago.
When the FA sold its soul to the Preeeeeeemiership and UEFA it’s integrity to the highest bidder. Then there is FIFA.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #1699 on: April 04, 2020, 07:28:37 PM »
I think the last paragraph about deferrals rather than cuts speak volumes.
The bottom line is ,the money to keep paying the players does not exist.

Deferrals, yeah why not. Fk it, the rest of the economy is falling apart but as long as we are ok....

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1700 on: April 04, 2020, 08:08:46 PM »
If the wages are deferred, staff put on furlough and then they try and carry on like nothing has happened then that would be the last football I'll watch. Families are losing loved ones. Families are losing jobs. All on a mass scale. Footballers wan't to claw back their sickening wages as soon as possible.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #1701 on: April 04, 2020, 08:29:08 PM »
If the wages are deferred, staff put on furlough and then they try and carry on like nothing has happened then that would be the last football I'll watch. Families are losing loved ones. Families are losing jobs. All on a mass scale. Footballers wan't to claw back their sickening wages as soon as possible.

I am so disgusted by the behaviour of football -governing bodies, clubs, players, and above all SKY - in this human catastrophe that I haven't been able to bring myself to even watch old games these past few days where I have been in isolation.

They have shot themselves in the foot. Season should have been voided, the players should have been giving something back from their astronomical fortunes. End of.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #1702 on: April 04, 2020, 08:43:29 PM »
Yeah right, i'd love to see proof of this £762ml penalty, sounds like fear tactics to me, playing with fire, so lets imagine the season restarts in June, can't be any later, players will have to go back into serious training in about a month, this country will still be being ravaged by Covid at that time, you imagine if any player whatsoever goes down with the virus, the public outcry would be massive, for me the only way this can happen is if the government changes course and dramatically lowers the lockdown to a very moderate state, that's when the government makes the decision money is way more important than human life, I think that time is coming, even if they do what China is now widely considered to be doing, fiddling the numbers to get there industry started again. 

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #1703 on: April 04, 2020, 08:56:27 PM »
Playing games behind closed doors doesn’t solve the problem of players getting it and passing it on. Do we end up with games that can’t be played because squads are short of players, or just accept that teams may be made up of reserve teams players?

It is farcical on so many levels.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1704 on: April 04, 2020, 08:57:53 PM »
We should restart the season as soon as possible and give the players the shortest amount of notice possible. Just to see which players have attempted to keep in shape and which haven't been arsed. We could have a weigh in of all the squads and award bonus points for the fittest. If Hogan has lost weight he is one of us, if he has put on weight he is one of them.  ;)

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #1705 on: April 04, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »
What about Subbuteo, the FA could play the rest of the fixtures out with Subbuteo, great for Villa, most of the side that Smith puts out already looks like that anyway.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1706 on: April 04, 2020, 11:32:43 PM »
Sure it has been mentioned in the thread already, but was reading something earlier today questioning whether the timing of the 2022 World Cup might be a factor in all of this. 

The point was that say the end of the season could be played out in September and early October.  Rest of October and November off and the 20/21 season starts in December and runs to end of August.  Euros take place at end of September / October 2021 and 21/22 season starts again in December 21 running through to September / October 22 and then the World Cup takes place in December that year with a view to the next season then starting in August 23 as usual.

A lot of upheaval, but the biggest issue I see there is you would need something to at least the April after the World Cup. 

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1707 on: April 04, 2020, 11:45:11 PM »
Get the players to make a deduction from their net pay, 30% of that on the average PL wage is still a drop in the ocean to them. The PFA are really digging their heels in but the tide of resentment against them is only going to increase when they come out with statements like today.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #1708 on: April 05, 2020, 12:22:01 AM »
How many Premier League clubs have to vote in favour for a decision on any matter to be made ?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1709 on: April 05, 2020, 03:37:30 AM »

come out ye melts and bams Retweeted
Ruairi McGhabainn@Rorie_82·
8h
James McClean has now donated more to the NHS than the queen and all her family. Yet all you will hear on the news is that he refuses to wear a poppy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal