collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:00:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Richard E
[Today at 10:00:37 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Gareth
[Today at 09:57:19 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 747240 times)

Offline eric woolban woolban

Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #1380 on: March 25, 2020, 09:51:58 PM »
Atletico Madrid though we ultimately lost the tie.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1381 on: March 26, 2020, 12:09:27 AM »
West Brom 4-3 was a good one a few years ago.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #1382 on: March 26, 2020, 12:37:44 AM »
No way as stated by others would playing at home behind closed doors be fair , it’s effectively a game played at a neutral venue. Ditto the playing at night - full houses at Villa Park I’d still fancy us against any of the six we still have to play .

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1383 on: March 26, 2020, 12:50:00 AM »
If we could play every home game at night I swear we'd win the league.

When I get the chance to return, it's always great to be back at Villa Park. But night games are just magical, no matter the opposition. Arsenal (Sammy Morgan), Liverpool 5-1Barca with Cruyff, Anderlect but more recently, how the Holte rose up as one when we needed the points, this one was magical.

Offline CyprusVillain

« Reply #1384 on: March 26, 2020, 05:15:49 AM »
I've had enough - This needs to be said.

I'm a teacher, I am carrying on teaching, looking after the children of essential workers in inner Birmingham.

I've been waiting for this news....and waiting....and waiting....so I thought I'd imagine how it would be reported if it happened.

Hats Off To Villa Stars (Daily Mail 26/03/20)

'Hats off to Villa Captain Jack Grealish for being the first Premier League player to pledge a month's salary to local children's charity, Accorns. The £35,000 a week Villa talisman was also quick to enlist the support of his Villa Team mates who have also made similar pledges in this time of need. Grealish was quoted in the local media, whilst self isolating at home, 'Aston Villa has a very strong link with its fans and the local community, for us, making a donation of this kind is just a small gesture, giving back to those people who are giving so much in this time of need.'

As of the 26th of March, and three weeks into the crisis, this claret and blue initiative stands along side similar donations by Premier League footballers. Kevin De Bruyne of Manchester City, Alexis Sanchez and Paul Pogba, both of Manchester United were the first to step forward a week ago and galvinised player support for those in need.

As De Bruyne commented over the weekend, 'we do a job we love and the amount we earn is quite obviously obscene. Its quite obvious who the essential workers are in the community and its not the bankers, club owners, chief executives.' He went on, 'we use to call them the little people - the refuse collectors and cleaners, nurses and shop workers - not any more, that's why we are all happy to donate to a charity of our club's choice.'

As I approach my sixth decade, the fabled connection between player and supporter is, shall we say, frayed.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:19:10 AM by CyprusVillain »

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1385 on: March 26, 2020, 08:00:15 AM »
I'm a teacher, I am carrying on teaching, looking after the children of essential workers in inner Birmingham.
Hopefully after the dust has settled, the people who we need most in society - "skilled" and "unskilled" - will be better recognised as such.

Agree entirely with three sentiments of the rest of your post. It'd be wonderful to see, from those who are able, support the communities they depend on :)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1386 on: March 26, 2020, 09:19:02 AM »
Just thinking some of the best games ever under the lights.
5 1 Liverpool
2 1 Manure LC Semi
The Watford win in Jan was not too shabby either.

The Inter Milan games for me.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1387 on: March 26, 2020, 09:22:51 AM »
I've had enough - This needs to be said.

I've been waiting for this news....and waiting....and waiting....so I thought I'd imagine how it would be reported if it happened.

Hats Off To Villa Stars (Daily Mail 26/03/20)

'Hats off to Villa Captain Jack Grealish for being the first Premier League player to pledge a month's salary to local children's charity, Accorns. The £35,000 a week Villa talisman was also quick to enlist the support of his Villa Team mates who have also made similar pledges in this time of need. Grealish was quoted in the local media, whilst self isolating at home, 'Aston Villa has a very strong link with its fans and the local community, for us, making a donation of this kind is just a small gesture, giving back to those people who are giving so much in this time of need.'

As of the 26th of March, and three weeks into the crisis, this claret and blue initiative stands along side similar donations by Premier League footballers. Kevin De Bruyne of Manchester City, Alexis Sanchez and Paul Pogba, both of Manchester United were the first to step forward a week ago and galvinised player support for those in need.

As De Bruyne commented over the weekend, 'we do a job we love and the amount we earn is quite obviously obscene. Its quite obvious who the essential workers are in the community and its not the bankers, club owners, chief executives.' He went on, 'we use to call them the little people - the refuse collectors and cleaners, nurses and shop workers - not any more, that's why we are all happy to donate to a charity of our club's choice.'

As I approach my sixth decade, the fabled connection between player and supporter is, shall we say, frayed.

I'm not sure why you would post even an imaginary article from the Daily Mail?

Loads of footballers do a lot of charity work, much of it will go unreported.  Calm down.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1388 on: March 26, 2020, 11:02:51 AM »

When I get the chance to return, it's always great to be back at Villa Park. But night games are just magical, no matter the opposition. Arsenal (Sammy Morgan), Liverpool 5-1Barca with Cruyff, Anderlect but more recently, how the Holte rose up as one when we needed the points, this one was magical.

... in the days when Gabby looked like he gave a shit.
One of the classic games.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #1389 on: March 26, 2020, 11:56:25 AM »

That game means a lot to me for personal reasons that I won't go in to.   

However, I will remind you all there have been some absolute stinkers under the lights as well down the years, but we can always pretend those never happened.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1390 on: March 26, 2020, 12:50:47 PM »
Leeg, did you attend this game? I forget

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1391 on: March 26, 2020, 12:56:43 PM »
I was texting him score updates while at the game. The replies got funnier and funnier.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1392 on: March 26, 2020, 01:12:56 PM »
Piss off.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1393 on: March 26, 2020, 01:13:27 PM »
Bitter, me?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1394 on: March 26, 2020, 03:38:28 PM »
All football in England below the three divisions that make up the National League will end immediately and all results will be expunged.

It means there will be no promotion or relegation in these divisions.

The same will happen in the women's game below the Women's Super League and Championship level.

However, the National League, National League North and South, WSL and Women's Championship will continue towards a conclusion "as quickly as possible".

"These are challenging circumstances for English football and all decisions taken are in the best interests of the game," said a Football Association statement.

"Our primary concern will always be for the safety and welfare of clubs, players, staff, officials, volunteers and supporters during this unprecedented time.

"Today's steps take into account the financial impact during this uncertain period, whilst considering the fairest method on how the sporting outcomes for the season will be decided, with the integrity of the leagues in mind."

The decision applies to steps three to seven in men's non-league football, while all "grassroots" divisions below these tiers have also finished. It has still yet to be decided whether these seasons are to be voided.

In women's football, tiers three to seven have also ended.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52052351

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal