collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 754368 times)

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villas season ?
« Reply #1050 on: March 18, 2020, 02:11:28 PM »
I may be wrong but if 14 clubvs agree on any particular course of action then it goes ahead.
According to the PL rules, but these are extreme circumstances and decisions that are prejudicial will be challenged.

i.e. "We hate Liverpool" is not a valid reason!

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1051 on: March 18, 2020, 02:18:51 PM »
I may be wrong but if 14 clubvs agree on any particular course of action then it goes ahead.
According to the PL rules, but these are extreme circumstances and decisions that are prejudicial will be challenged.

i.e. "We hate Liverpool" is not a valid reason!
In Law, maybe not.

If they decide to play out the rest of the season allowing home advantage and that means spectators, then so be it.
Behind closed door games are used as punishment, and none of the teams that will be affected have done anything wrong.
There are at least 6 teams that will go against it.

Online KRS

« Reply #1052 on: March 18, 2020, 04:33:05 PM »
I’ve just come back from Tesco in Brownhills. Football can quite literally go fuck itself when you can’t even buy basics such as toilet roll, tissues, washing up tablets or fresh cold meat like chicken and minced beef. The FA and PL really need to get a reality check...this football season literally means fuck all now.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #1053 on: March 18, 2020, 05:34:06 PM »
Sounds like the rest of the year is cancelled. PL still aiming to complete season probably...

Offline frank black

« Reply #1054 on: March 18, 2020, 06:26:25 PM »
They won’t have a decision to make and Liverpool fans etc (majority) won’t care if the season is cancelled in two months time.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #1055 on: March 18, 2020, 06:34:46 PM »
Worrying is that Italy, who are a few weeks ahead of us, and are far more locked down than us have just had their highest number of deaths today even though those measures are in place.

It’s worth remembering that Italy has been one of the hardest hit countries by the virus. The latest stats - which have just been released - make clear just how devastating it's been there.

Despite a raft of tough measures and a strict lockdown, deaths in Italy surged by 475 over the past day to 2,978. The number of cases also shot up to 35,713 from 31,506.

That's the biggest increase since the outbreak began.

The majority of deaths have occurred in the northern Lombardy region, which contains the capital Milan. Hospitals there are reportedly at breaking point and retired doctors and nurses are being asked to return to work.

"I make a heartfelt appeal to all the doctors, nurses and medical personnel who have retired in the last two years... to help us in this emergency," the region’s governor, Attilio Fontana, said earlier today.

It’s a similar picture across the rest of Italy. The government is trying to plug gaps in its stretched healthcare system, and it’s even pushed 10,000 student doctors into service nine-months ahead of schedule.

More widely, officials have not ruled out extending the full lockdown beyond the start of April. Bars, restaurants and most shops in Italy have closed as have schools and universities. Nearly all Italians have been told to stay at home.

But even with these restrictions the number of cases continues to rise. “The contagion numbers are not falling, they continue to be high," Mr Fontana said.

“We are asking people to make sacrifices to save lives."

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1056 on: March 18, 2020, 08:42:29 PM »
Robbo, it will never be properly over.  The world is changing in front of our eyes.  Employment, travel, banking, farming, industry, education as we knew it prior to coronavirus are going to change out of all recognition.

Best wishes to you in France and respect to you at this time.
I agree on the changes and I like to add I think this changes people too. I'm grateful to the reading on the  internet even if I can get confused.
For the big picture I am trying to see some positives in the change for way of living but feel very sad to the whole situation in regards to the virus and peoples life and livelihood.

Reading on here people even if it's not on football is sometimes ok and good for me.
I have mothering Sunday UK coming up which is always a difficult time for me. I have had those who took on role of mother who helped in my care after her and someone  particular close with i'm at lengths to only video call rather than be with them. I find this frustration but I'm not selfish to risk my emotion needs.
One thing it's teaching me is communication and reinforcing important values.
I wish you well as note your age and send best wishes if that's ok.
Take care. And I'm sorry this isn't much about football or villa though I could say maybe it will change some footballers perspectives and values in life.
Thanks

Look after yourself mate. It'll get better.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #1057 on: March 18, 2020, 08:58:06 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/18/premier-league-expected-to-push-for-30-june-season-finish?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

They obviously pooping themselves about lawsuits. Complete at all costs, whilst the rest of the country faces measures not seen for decades.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:04:29 PM by aev »

Offline BlackCountryVilla

« Reply #1058 on: March 18, 2020, 08:59:57 PM »
Much as I love the Villa and football in general it doesn't really matter at the moment.
At my work we already have 17 people off (self isolating due to symptoms or family members with symptoms) Chances are that none of them have the virus and if they do they will probably be fine but you never know.
I am much more concerned with their health (and my own) than whether the season is completed!
This is going to drag on for a long time yet - we are only at the beginning....

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1059 on: March 18, 2020, 09:04:35 PM »
I am happy to speculate here about the impact on the Villa because it takes my mind off worrying about lots of other stuff.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #1060 on: March 18, 2020, 09:37:43 PM »
I would love the Wolves game to be on. I've got a reservation at the new Dishoom at half five that day, and if the dogheads is on, I'm defo having Indian for me tea. If it ain't, I reckon I ain't.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1061 on: March 18, 2020, 10:57:53 PM »
This season needs to be scrapped and expunged from the record. I think given the scale of the crisis everyone would agree. Admittedly harsh on Liverpool but I think the other nineteen clubs would agree like a shot to void the season and start again in August. As for all the other promotion/play off/relegation issues nothing has been decided at this stage anyway so nobody particularly gains or loses anything.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1062 on: March 18, 2020, 11:09:42 PM »

For the big picture I am trying to see some positives in the change for way of living but feel very sad to the whole situation in regards to the virus and peoples life and livelihood.

I have mothering Sunday UK coming up which is always a difficult time for me. I have had those who took on role of mother who helped in my care after her and someone  particular close with i'm at lengths to only video call rather than be with them. I find this frustration but I'm not selfish to risk my emotion needs.

One thing it's teaching me is communication and reinforcing important values.
I wish you well as note your age and send best wishes if that's ok.
Take care. And I'm sorry this isn't much about football or villa though I could say maybe it will change some footballers perspectives and values in life.

Thanks

Good luck, Vil I An, especially this weekend.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #1063 on: March 18, 2020, 11:52:29 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/18/premier-league-expected-to-push-for-30-june-season-finish?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

They obviously pooping themselves about lawsuits. Complete at all costs, whilst the rest of the country faces measures not seen for decades.

They are as deluded as the Japanese who still think the Olympics is going to go ahead ...things are going to get worse before they get better.

Offline Rory

« Reply #1064 on: March 19, 2020, 01:14:01 AM »
Does Liverpool being awarded the title mean Villa stay up? If so, "when you walk...through a storm..."

Fuck Liverpool, I care about Villa. And I can't help but feel that this season is our biggest risk. Stay up this year, and I reckon we'll stay up indefinitely. Then comes the resumption of our rightful place.

Without Villa, I'd have no interest in football. Who cares about Liverpool, Man Utd, West Brom, Wolves, Blose, Leeds, whoever.

We are the Villa, and nothing else matters but us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal