collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 754583 times)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villas season ?
« Reply #750 on: March 14, 2020, 03:01:35 PM »
I don't think anybody would be that surprised if they did make them Champions. We've all had months to get used to the idea as it is.

If it happens, it happens. But let it never stop any of us from pointing out right to their faces that they did not win it, they were awarded it for no other reason than to stop them whining on about it for another thirty fucking years.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #751 on: March 14, 2020, 03:02:17 PM »
Champions-elect.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #752 on: March 14, 2020, 03:17:50 PM »
I don't think anybody would be that surprised if they did make them Champions. We've all had months to get used to the idea as it is.

If it happens, it happens. But let it never stop any of us from pointing out right to their faces that they did not win it, they were awarded it for no other reason than to stop them whining on about it for another thirty fucking years.
Yes, there is going to be endless fun, yeh but you didn’t really win it did you, you know outright like?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #753 on: March 14, 2020, 03:18:30 PM »
Champions by default.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #754 on: March 14, 2020, 03:18:50 PM »

I'd settle for that I think.  '2019/20 will always have an asterisk next to it etc etc'

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #755 on: March 14, 2020, 03:20:37 PM »
You nearly won the league
And now you’re gonna believe us....

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #756 on: March 14, 2020, 03:27:55 PM »
Was flicking through the channels at lunchtime and was surprised Football focus was still on. They had an interview with Brighton CEO.

Interesting when they asked him about no relegation this season and promote the top 2 from the championship he was quickly enthused about that suggestion.

Can see that at least being put forward as a proposal in April or whenever the next crisis summit will take place so would be 22 team league and 5 would go down although no idea how you could re-align the schedule if this season overruns as now is a near certainty.

Can see prem doing it if as rumoured Bundesliga decides to reshape the league along those lines.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #757 on: March 14, 2020, 03:41:30 PM »
SSN have just had an interview with Richard Cramer, a leading Sports Lawyer. He said if the League restarts in April then it should be just about alright. Beyond that there will be no choice but to void the League. I can't see the PL restarting in April - we'll be in lockdown by then judging by the rapid rise in new virus cases.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #758 on: March 14, 2020, 03:43:12 PM »
SSN have just had an interview with Richard Cramer, a leading Sports Lawyer. He said if the League restarts in April then it should be just about alright. Beyond that there will be no choice but to void the League.
Did he say why that's the case?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #759 on: March 14, 2020, 03:43:23 PM »
I doubt we'll enter lockdown given our differing strategy of mass immunisation, but I suspect that sporting events will still be suspended to aid control that rate of infection.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #760 on: March 14, 2020, 03:54:00 PM »
Liverpool being given the title on sympathetic grounds in a country they’ll tell you they aren’t actually from (Scouse not English) is a beautiful thing.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #761 on: March 14, 2020, 03:59:10 PM »
Was flicking through the channels at lunchtime and was surprised Football focus was still on. They had an interview with Brighton CEO.

Interesting when they asked him about no relegation this season and promote the top 2 from the championship he was quickly enthused about that suggestion.

Can see that at least being put forward as a proposal in April or whenever the next crisis summit will take place so would be 22 team league and 5 would go down although no idea how you could re-align the schedule if this season overruns as now is a near certainty.

Can see prem doing it if as rumoured Bundesliga decides to reshape the league along those lines.

and why would the other clubs currently battling out at the top of the championship allow that to happen ?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #762 on: March 14, 2020, 04:00:55 PM »
You say "allow" like they have a choice. When has the Premier League ever consulted with Preston and Brentford before making a decision?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #763 on: March 14, 2020, 04:08:20 PM »

and why would the other clubs currently battling out at the top of the championship allow that to happen ?

Ultimately whatever proposal knocked up in next six weeks ain't going to please everyone. Premier league will knock one up which will have less potential for mass court claims aswell.

Of course the frustrating thing is just a month back Leeds could hardly win a game and likes of Forest/Brentford were level on points or just a point or two behind them so would serve them right for all turning uselss at the same time and giving Leeds and Smethwick an easy promotion.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #764 on: March 14, 2020, 04:19:06 PM »
I think if, as suggested, the League Cup gets cancelled it won't be back. They'll use the Winter World Cup as an excuse to avoid reviving it in 2021-22 and 2022-23 and then it won't be brought back after three years away. The likes of Liverpool and Man City will get their own way, and the chances of any club outside the current elite ever winning a major trophy again shrinks even further. Mbwana Samata scored the last even League Cup goal, I reckon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal