collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 747366 times)

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villas season ?
« Reply #570 on: March 13, 2020, 02:43:31 PM »
Realistically the talk would be of having to finish season by July 20th so there is 3/4 week break before the next season. As there has to be a break before the following season

It's claimed the euro 2020 will be postponed and that is to be  confirmed as not happening when they uefa meeting takes Tuesday march 17th

And the players out of contract at the start of July?

Month extensions for players due to mitigation circumstance ?

Unless there is a provision in the contract for extension that can't happen unless mutually agreed. Players might not want to extend their contracts if they are free to do deals elsewhere.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #571 on: March 13, 2020, 02:43:54 PM »
Realistically the talk would be of having to finish season by July 20th so there is 3/4 week break before the next season. As there has to be a break before the following season

It's claimed the euro 2020 will be postponed and that is to be  confirmed as not happening when they uefa meeting takes Tuesday march 17th

What in these day and age of greedy bastards & their agents?

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #572 on: March 13, 2020, 02:45:58 PM »
With our 1 game less, we are in a good legal position regarding relegation if things get scrapped.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #573 on: March 13, 2020, 02:52:36 PM »

Unless there is a provision in the contract for extension that can't happen unless mutually agreed. Players might not want to extend their contracts if they are free to do deals elsewhere.

I guess it shows all the complexities of just extending a deal.
This is a special measures situation isn't it.

I can imagine in future contingency will be in players contract to protect them from situations same for clubs

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #574 on: March 13, 2020, 02:53:19 PM »
I was just thinking that ^^

Although can you see the lawyers face, when we say “ we might win our game in hand “ 😂

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #575 on: March 13, 2020, 02:55:11 PM »
If they scrap the whole season now, there is nobody worse off than they would have been as nothing had yet been decided. If however, they use current positions, plenty of clubs (us included) would argue that we'd been harmed by the decision and could sue.

In the former scenario, there are plenty of clubs who'd possibly feel aggrieved, Liverpool being the main example.

In the latter, there's nobody yet relegated so it's all what-ifs. Similarly, Man City would argue that Liverpool have lost 3 of their last 4 and that their form has obviously fallen off a cliff....

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #576 on: March 13, 2020, 03:04:53 PM »
Liverpool not winning the league would be one of the all time footballing injustices. Please please please let it happen.

I totally agree. Please let it happen.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #577 on: March 13, 2020, 03:08:51 PM »
I dont think there is the remotest possibility that this season will be completed.

April-June, we are advised, will be the peak of the virus. With contracts for players expiring at the end of June, the integrity of the league is broken. You also have the issue of this season running into next.

That is it for 19/20. Whether they promote the top two in the Championship as the Bundesliga are proposing, to make a 22 team league, remains to be seen.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #578 on: March 13, 2020, 03:12:46 PM »
I can imagine villa players being on a generous bonus if they retain premier league status.
What are the implications there as it's agreed before the start of the season and the season isn't finished ?

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #579 on: March 13, 2020, 03:14:17 PM »
Do we then keep Smith as he will have kept us up.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #580 on: March 13, 2020, 03:16:55 PM »
Great opportunity to bin him

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #581 on: March 13, 2020, 03:19:59 PM »
Great opportunity to bin him

Great opportunity to give him time to work on the issues and get some players back from injury.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #582 on: March 13, 2020, 03:20:26 PM »
I dont think there is the remotest possibility that this season will be completed.

April-June, we are advised, will be the peak of the virus. With contracts for players expiring at the end of June, the integrity of the league is broken. You also have the issue of this season running into next.

That is it for 19/20. Whether they promote the top two in the Championship as the Bundesliga are proposing, to make a 22 team league, remains to be seen.

This model will happen imo.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #583 on: March 13, 2020, 03:21:24 PM »
They can't scrap anything, it makes a mockery of a multi billion pound industry.

They will have to play it out when they can, start the next season when they can and scrap the euros all together for this tournament if need be.

And what happens to the transfer window, to all the players that will leave in June when their contracts expire and so on?

I think the world has bigger fish to fry than worrying about the potential 'mockery of the top English Football League'  Something has to give so somewhere down the line something will be ditched.

Are we all doomed Bren? Should we consider life as we know it to be over? Oh no, oh god nooooooooo.......... wail etc

Are you're more concerned about the mockery of a multi-million pound industry than people's lives? Are you mocking Bren?

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #584 on: March 13, 2020, 03:27:40 PM »
This should be left to the pools panel.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal