collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 754201 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villas season ?
« Reply #285 on: March 12, 2020, 08:53:11 PM »
You could do that here, 24 teams. Either have a split after every team has played each other once or cancel the cups for the season... just finish off this season's FA Cup next year. That would only be a maximum of 49 domestic games for the FA Cup winner

I do think they should say that Liverpool are so far clear that they are awarded this year's title, if they do that. European places based on league as it is now with average points rather than total points so as not to disadvantage those that have a game in hand.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 08:54:59 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #286 on: March 12, 2020, 08:54:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/swearimnotpaul/status/1238179887250386946

The DFL and DFB are considering ending the Bundesliga season after this weekend, according to the Express. No trophy would be awarded and no relegation would take place. Instead, the Bundesliga would be expanded to 22 teams for 2020-21 with the top four teams from the second tier

Big thumbs up for this idea ...

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #287 on: March 12, 2020, 08:56:59 PM »
You could do that here, 24 teams. Either have a split after every team has played each other once or cancel the cups for the season... just finish off this season's FA Cup next year. That would only be a maximum of 49 domestic games for the FA Cup winner

I do think they should say that Liverpool are so far clear that they are awarded this year's title, if they do that. European places based on league as it is now with average points rather than total points so as not to disadvantage those that have a game in hand.

Yes - Only thing I'd probably say was that "game in hand" games played behind closed doors.

I'd probably keep the FA cup with PL teams getting byes until the 4th round.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #288 on: March 12, 2020, 08:57:15 PM »
Watching the PM's announcement tonight, and subsequent upgrade in the status of the virus from Containment to Delay, not sure as to laugh or cry really, so limp wristed in there approach, so the reason they are not going to shut down schools, close sporting events and other such options at this point, is because they think people will get bored in time and we won't have even hit our peak at that point, so everybody will say **** it and go down the pub, seriously, we are talking about an apocalyptic event, for some of us, surely it works the other way, as the confirmed cases stack up as does the casualties/bodies, then the more polarised people will became, the only consideration now is to hit this thing with everything we've got, hit it hard and limit its damage as much as possible, people need leadership, at these times people need strong leaders, look at where other countries like Italy made there mistakes, didn't act fast enough, do the opposite and above all keep Aston Villa in the Premiership, whats up with you Johnson.   

A right set of lungs on you.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #289 on: March 12, 2020, 08:59:28 PM »

The DFL and DFB are considering ending the Bundesliga season after this weekend, according to the Express. No trophy would be awarded and no relegation would take place. Instead, the Bundesliga would be expanded to 22 teams for 2020-21 with the top four teams from the second tier

The problem is the European football Association are suggesting that the European Championships will be postponed this summer and moved to next summer, 21, so any extension in games will hit players hard, you also have to take into consideration if that was to happen, the following season to that is the World Cup. 

Online Dominic22

« Reply #290 on: March 12, 2020, 09:00:30 PM »
I will not be going on Saturday and I also did not go to Leicester in the week (turned into a good choice....). I watched the press conference and it filled me with dread. I cant see how the season can continue, we seem so out of step with all other advice you read.  I have an 83-year-old Aunt that I responsibilities for as well as my Dad who is 82. I fail to see how other than economic it is a good idea to have all us lot in crowded concourses when in Italy they are stopping you from standing within 1 meter of each other and public gatherings seem to be stopped everywhere else. .

It seems the rationale is that we will get bored and I'm afraid that's not good enough.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #291 on: March 12, 2020, 09:01:06 PM »

Got to love the Germans. Great idea, that the Premier League should definitely 100% copy.

In fact I'd take the Scousers being crowned if it meant we stayed up. Even the Stripey Filth coming up too.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #292 on: March 12, 2020, 09:04:17 PM »
Postpone all games imo.

Apparently the championship games are still going ahead this weekend, I think that would be a mistake.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #293 on: March 12, 2020, 09:25:46 PM »
Postpone all games imo.

Apparently the championship games are still going ahead this weekend, I think that would be a mistake.

I think it's basically be allowed by the government so football events  won't close down any games and then following on for next few weeks have them behind closed doors. They when more get ill they lock it down .
Should close it now but government weak ass response in delay means be left for worse to come.
They are engineering a peak unbelievable

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #294 on: March 12, 2020, 09:36:57 PM »
PL announce all games to go ahead

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #295 on: March 12, 2020, 09:44:35 PM »
Following the latest update from Government issued this afternoon, all Premier League matches will go ahead as scheduled this weekend.

While the Prime Minister advised that all sporting events should take place as normal for now, he also indicated that Government is considering banning major public events, like sporting fixtures.

We are therefore continuing to work closely with our clubs, Government, The FA, EFL and other relevant stakeholders to ensure appropriate contingency plans are in place as and when circumstances change.

The welfare of players, staff and supporters is of paramount importance and we will continue to follow Public Health England guidelines thoroughly.

We will keep everyone updated as appropriate.

Offline kieron

« Reply #296 on: March 12, 2020, 09:49:17 PM »
Cowardly by the Premier League by stating they're driven by the PM. All about the money.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #297 on: March 12, 2020, 09:50:09 PM »
"The welfare of players, staff and supporters is of paramount importance"

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #298 on: March 12, 2020, 09:53:11 PM »
Following the latest update from Government issued this afternoon, all Premier League matches will go ahead as scheduled this weekend.

While the Prime Minister advised that all sporting events should take place as normal for now, he also indicated that Government is considering banning major public events, like sporting fixtures.

We are therefore continuing to work closely with our clubs, Government, The FA, EFL and other relevant stakeholders to ensure appropriate contingency plans are in place as and when circumstances change.

The welfare of players, staff and supporters is of paramount importance and we will continue to follow Public Health England guidelines thoroughly.

We will keep everyone updated as appropriate.

If ever a statement told us about the mentality of the Premier League, then this is it.  Only interested in the business and their wallets.  Fuck the fans

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #299 on: March 12, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »
Surely those who are concerned about the situation will just chose not to attend games on Saturday ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal