collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 753282 times)

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
Re: How much will the Corona Virus disrupt Aston Villa season ?
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2020, 09:09:05 AM »
If anyone at Wolves gets symptoms I think we'll be on a roll to Euro fixtures stopping. Probably games behind closed doors next but the physical and close contact of the game means thats fairly pointless when it's the players who 'earn' the gates and create the spectacle. Ultimately it might come down to politics - if the Premier League continue and the Govt say nothing, what happens if a footballers relative dies due to infection? I would hope safety would come first over sport, which ultimately is enjoyment (although I understand it has a lot of peripheral businesses relying on it).

Online LukeJames

« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2020, 09:12:07 AM »
Dean Smith went to Rome during the mid season break.

In a Ford Mondeo?

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2020, 09:13:25 AM »
They could move the Euro's to 2021 which UEFA is considering and resume leagues in May/June/July

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2020, 09:32:44 AM »
When war was declared in September 1939 the Football League season was only three games old.
The 1939/40 season was abandoned and there was no league football for seven years.
When The Football League recommended in August 1946 the same set of fixtures were used from the abandoned 1939/40 season which means that they were virtually replaying that incomplete season.
I know it's a stretch but I think this current season 2019/20 should be abandoned and recommended from August 2020.
We could sign a few decent PL quality players in the summer and go again.
Liverpool might have to wait another 30 years to win a title too.
The precedent exists for this to happen although it was a long time ago and before the PL existed.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2020, 09:34:25 AM »
I think they’ve got to cancel all games/events/gatherings for the next couple of weeks and rearrange.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2020, 09:40:18 AM »
I think the cancellation of the season is fast becoming a reality, this virus spreads faster than flood water, its even into the political parties now which says even aliens from a galaxy far far away can be exposed to this, nobody on this planet can make me believe these morons running us, as we see today, ( Budget) are from this world.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2020, 09:43:05 AM »
I think the cancellation of the season is fast becoming a reality, this virus spreads faster than flood water, its even into the political parties now which says even aliens from a galaxy far far away can be exposed to this, nobody on this planet can make me believe these morons running us, as we see today, ( Budget) are from this world.

Agree, I think it’s inevitable.

I think Chelsea will be our last game of the season.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2020, 09:46:00 AM »

Will we be doing a lap of appreciation? 

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2020, 09:57:34 AM »

Will we be doing a lap of appreciation? 

I haven’t really done anything to warrant it.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2020, 10:03:49 AM »
Right well it’s become the must win of all must wins then.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2020, 10:09:09 AM »
Cancel the season now. All teams with a game in hand get 3 points to even out the table....

Offline sid1964

« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2020, 10:26:54 AM »
Do you think that they will bring back the Pools Panel (for those old enough to remember) who will guess the scores for all the remaining games - I still reckon we would be relegated!

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2020, 10:39:38 AM »
Do you think that they will bring back the Pools Panel (for those old enough to remember) who will guess the scores for all the remaining games - I still reckon we would be relegated!
They will be hearing off some very rich people's lawyers if they try that one.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2020, 10:59:19 AM »
If the season is stopped, there's a shit-load of court appearances going to happen. If it's not, and games are played behind closed doors, it will be crap and soulless. Football is about the supporters after all... I can imagine SKY charging pay-per-view to show every game live.

I'm sure there will be some rule somewhere about what happens, but as has been said, who'd make a decision until told to by the powers that be.

Offline exigo

« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2020, 11:01:31 AM »
Serie A are contemplating using the current standings as the final table. We absolutely have to win on Saturday and get out of the bottom three, just in case.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal