collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 747425 times)

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
Re: How much will the Corona Virus disrupt Aston Villa season ?
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2020, 09:19:52 AM »
They also had about 50 kids holding up that giant Leicester shirt.

Yep, yet my one lad couldn't be near the players. Daft one.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2020, 10:46:19 AM »
 "How much will lack of coaching and tactics disrupt Aston Villa season?"

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2020, 10:52:58 AM »
I'm hoping the league is deemed null and void tonight by it. Then we can relive this shitfest all over again.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2020, 11:07:44 AM »
Credit to the team for keeping at least 1.5 metres from whoever they were supposed to be marking last night, at all times.  Is there a fair play award we can get for such a lovely gesture?

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2020, 12:34:22 PM »
Forest and Olympkiacos owner has now confirmed he has coronavirus.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2020, 12:41:09 PM »
Credit to the team for keeping at least 1.5 metres from whoever they were supposed to be marking last night, at all times.  Is there a fair play award we can get for such a lovely gesture?

Dark comedy that.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2020, 01:30:20 PM »
What a real depressing start to 2020

The Australian wild fires,Brexit,Huge Tory Majority,Coronavirus just tops it off

Oh and we all follow the Villa.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2020, 01:32:04 PM »
The brilliant Conservative result happened last year.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2020, 01:52:15 PM »
brilliant otherwise we'd be running low on loo roll and cats and dogs.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2020, 03:07:59 PM »
It's affected me and my lad. He was supposed to be mascot tonight but Villa have made the decision to restrict access to the players from the public. All other games in the Prem had mascots the weekend so bit annoying. Promised another game though when it's all blown over.

Oh no ! Like to think that will be honoured and when occasion comes will be enjoyable and maybe some luck brought too !!
Let us know updates when you get the match.
And sorry to hear that isn't going ahead tonight for you and son

Thanks for that. He was gutted, especially as Leicester had 4 mascots out there kicking about on the pitch before the game which he should have been doing too. Made no sense to me as the Leicester mascots walked past our players anyway!

Credit to Leicester though, I had emailed them to say George couldn't do it and they put a message on the screen and read it out on the tannoy saying "A special warm welcome tonight to George Davies, we hope you have a great night" which I thought was a great touch.

They have said he will be first choice for an away game once it is all over just sad to think it may be next season now and he really wanted to walk out with Jack. :(

Nice touch by Leicester for acknowledging.
Good wishes for when does get the gigg!

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2020, 03:43:23 PM »
brilliant otherwise we'd be running low on loo roll and cats and dogs.

And Dianne Abbott would be doing the stats - villa would be mid table and no virus

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2020, 04:10:29 PM »
I think this is going to get extremely serious unfortunately, as much as I will grasp at any straw to buy some time for Villa, this wouldn't be something I would wish for, a lot of people will die with this, the naysayers, with the. ''don't panic Mr Mannering'', approach or that this in some way is some kind of conspiracy to polish of an aged demo graph is quickly proving to be very wrong, I have always thought when you see people wondering around sanitising places like China, fully kitted out to try and stop infection, one of the most secretive countries on the planet happy to have camera's everywhere all of a sudden,  the open admittance by government that they have lost control, as in Italy, the entire shut down of a country, the collapse of the money markets the threat of global recession, you know this is somewhat more serious than Flu.     
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 04:14:32 PM by BoVillan esq »

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2020, 04:56:00 PM »
https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2020/march/club-statement/

As well as the owner being tested positive the whole Nottingham Forest squad have been tested for virus

And Millwall have confirmed that Senior club representatives who came into contact with forest owner Mr Marinakis have all begun a period of self isolation, as per government advice.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2020, 10:37:30 PM »
Matches in the top two divisions in Spain and France are to be played behind closed doors because of coronavirus concerns.

La Liga announced its ruling will affect the next two rounds of fixtures while the French league said fans will be banned until 15 April.

La Liga said it acted on guidance from Spain's ministry of health.

The French government announced on Sunday a ban on all gatherings of more than 1,000 people.

In Germany, Borussia Monchengladbach's Bundesliga tie against Cologne on Wednesday night will take place behind close doors, as will five of the nine top-flight matches over the weekend.

Union Berlin's match against Bayern Munich on Saturday will go ahead with fans present, but the status of the other three games is yet to be decided.

Germany's health minister Jens Spahn has called for gatherings of more than 1,000 people to be cancelled and several regional governments have issued such bans.

Barcelona's Champions League match against Napoli on 18 March will also be played at an empty Nou Camp.

"The decision has been made strictly for health reasons," said Joan Guix, Catalunya government's health chief.

It is the second Spanish-Italian Champions League fixture at which supporters have been banned, following Valencia versus Atalanta on Tuesday.

Sevilla's match against Roma and Getafe's game with Inter Milan in the Europa League have suffered the same fate.

Paris St-Germain's Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday will also be closed to fans.

The Spanish players' union AFE have called for the suspension of all men's and women's football in the country.

In letters to the Higher Sports Council, Spanish football federation (RFEF) and La Liga, it said the request was "exclusively about the health of the players" the body represents.

"In addition, playing in stadiums closed to the public for several weeks undermines the meaning of sports competitions," AFE added.

All sport in Italy has been suspended until at least 3 April because of coronavirus. The ruling includes Serie A matches but not Italian clubs or national teams participating in international competitions.

Germany's international friendly with Italy in Nuremberg on 31 March will also be played behind closed doors. England are due to play Italy at Wembley four days earlier.

Manchester United's Europa League last-16 first leg match at LASK Linz in Austria on Thursday is another match that will be played without fans.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2020, 10:50:35 PM »
I think Pepe Reina is a bigger threat to our wellbeing than any bloody virus.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal