collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 758441 times)

Offline sid1964

Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #6090 on: December 14, 2021, 06:51:17 AM »
Thank the lord that we don't live in other parts of Europe, where you are fined for refusing the jab or are in lock down and cannot attend sporting events etc...

You have a choice either have the jabs or not the choice is yours?

Offline ian c.

• GM : 19.06.2024
« Reply #6091 on: December 14, 2021, 06:57:23 AM »
Thank the lord that we don't live in other parts of Europe, where you are fined for refusing the jab or are in lock down and cannot attend sporting events etc...

You can chose not to have the jabs, but you then have to live with the restrictions that that brings. I really don't see an issue with this.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #6092 on: December 14, 2021, 07:32:53 AM »

You can chose not to have the jabs, but you then have to live with the restrictions that that brings. I really don't see an issue with this.

Exactly. You can choose to be a danger to others, but you must respect their right to be protected from that danger.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6093 on: December 14, 2021, 07:43:30 AM »
I'm guessing that this proves that most footballers aren't suitably jabbed then.

Offline frank black

« Reply #6094 on: December 14, 2021, 07:44:05 AM »
Looking at what’s happening in football and other places it looks very much like this version of Covid is going to get a whole load of the population. Hence the panic for boosters as whilst it’s milder it’ll impact a lot more people. Let’s hope this virus is now going to become a mild ever present moving forwards.

Offline frank black

« Reply #6095 on: December 14, 2021, 07:47:22 AM »
I'm guessing that this proves that most footballers aren't suitably jabbed then.

This version seems to infect everyone, just isn’t as aggressive once you’ve got it. The vaccine is not preventing infection (as effectively). Be interesting to know how many have had their boosters

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #6096 on: December 14, 2021, 08:02:21 AM »

Come on Risso - Surely you know you can still get it after being jabbed? Likely to be milder or asymptomatic, but footballers will be testing every day. It doesn’t matter whether you actually get ill or not, for everyone, not just footballers, if you test positive you don’t go to work!

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #6097 on: December 14, 2021, 08:20:07 AM »

Exactly. You can choose to be a danger to others, but you must respect their right to be protected from that danger.
+1 from me. That's one of the big misconceptions about the whole free speech / freedom of choice thing - yeah, you have a right to say things or do things, but this is allowable because you have the mitigations. In the case of vaccines, the choice is get vaccinated *or* have tight restrictions. It's not to do nothing.

Ads - the Big Pharma comment made me laugh. :)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6098 on: December 14, 2021, 08:46:18 AM »

Come on Risso - Surely you know you can still get it after being jabbed? Likely to be milder or asymptomatic, but footballers will be testing every day. It doesn’t matter whether you actually get ill or not, for everyone, not just footballers, if you test positive you don’t go to work!

Of course I do. It’s unusual for it to sweep through adults like this though in such numbers if they vaccinated.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #6099 on: December 14, 2021, 09:17:30 AM »
Viruses mutate. This is a pandemic, a rare event in human history. This is a new virus which humans had no immunity to and it is mutating.

Why so many millions cannot grasp this and invent conspiracies is beyond me.

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #6100 on: December 14, 2021, 09:49:25 AM »

+1 from me. That's one of the big misconceptions about the whole free speech / freedom of choice thing - yeah, you have a right to say things or do things, but this is allowable because you have the mitigations. In the case of vaccines, the choice is get vaccinated *or* have tight restrictions. It's not to do nothing.

Why do people think that having the vaccine stops you from spreading the virus to others? My understanding is that it doesn't. Otherwise why are they still so worried when many people have been vaccinated. Vaccination only protects yourself and lessens the chance of hospitalisation. Those not vaccinated can't be accused of being selfish.

I have had my 3 jabs by the way.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #6101 on: December 14, 2021, 09:54:15 AM »

Why do people think that having the vaccine stops you from spreading the virus to others? My understanding is that it doesn't. Otherwise why are they still so worried when many people have been vaccinated. Vaccination only protects yourself and lessens the chance of hospitalisation. Those not vaccinated can't be accused of being selfish.

I have had my 3 jabs by the way.

If you’re fully jabbed you are much less likely to contract the virus. If you don’t have it then you can’t pass it on.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #6102 on: December 14, 2021, 09:56:38 AM »
Having the vaccine reduces its ability to infect and therefore to reinfect.
So it does help stop the spread to others.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #6103 on: December 14, 2021, 09:57:08 AM »

Of course I do. It’s unusual for it to sweep through adults like this though in such numbers if they vaccinated.

Not really. Two jabs don’t offer much protection against Omicron due to the multiple mutations and footballers are in the age group that only qualified for the booster yesterday.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #6104 on: December 14, 2021, 09:59:25 AM »
Agree Chris. They are reporting that contracting the disease is reduced by 75% to those that have the booster.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal