collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 755799 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #6075 on: December 13, 2021, 12:29:17 AM »
I think a FULL lockdown is inevitable, possibly in January.
Too many people including our Government not taking precautions or taking the virus seriously.

Booster target seem unrealistic and there seems a great deal of hesitancy from people to take the Booster shot as we were told Two was our route to normality

Seems like the Virus is circulating at Football Clubs now so expecting our Burnley fixture to be postponed if there's more cases emerging over the next few days.

Think of all the unsold tickets.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #6076 on: December 13, 2021, 03:30:09 PM »
a great deal of hesitancy from people to take the Booster shot as we were told Two was our route to normality

Especially after Javid today, live on TV said that (and i paraphrase)

"even more important to have the booster as we now know the first 2 are deemed to not be working"

WTF  :o

How much more corporate branded medicine  do we need to have before it is deemed to be working?????

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #6077 on: December 13, 2021, 03:33:48 PM »
a great deal of hesitancy from people to take the Booster shot as we were told Two was our route to normality

"even more important to have the booster as we now know the first 2 are deemed to not be working"

How much more corporate branded medicine  do we need to have before it is deemed to be working?????

But also directly quoting Boris when he was speaking last night on people who have had no jabs at all "urge you to get at least once as that will offer some protection"

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #6078 on: December 13, 2021, 03:36:46 PM »

Do you not think our hospitalisation and death rates have demonstrated that it's been working over the last 6 months?

You are aware the Flu jab has to be taken annually?  Virus' mutate, it's hardly rocket science that vaccines need to be updated.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6079 on: December 13, 2021, 03:54:31 PM »
The media landscape is entirely binary these days. You're either entirely for or against an issue.  You're either a bleeding-heart 'woke' liberal, or a literal 'Nazi'.  The vaccine debate is the same, if it isn't 100% effective, it 'doesn't work'.  There is no room for nuance.

The reality is the people who've had two jabs aren't as well covered against the new variant, but a booster will top up your antibody levels to give you the best chance of avoiding serious illness. If you're completely unvaccinated, even one dose will help. But that doesn't sell newspapers.

I'm keeping everything crossed that the latest variant ends up being milder, but until we have good evidence of that being the case (probably a month away at least), then it makes sense to extra cautious given it seems to be more contagious.  My missus had her works Xmas party last Wed in a packed bar, and this morning alone they've had 18 postive covid cases out of 90 attendees.  Obviously anecdotes are NOT data, but if it's even remotely indicative, then I'm expecting a lot more covid cases in football over the coming weeks.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #6080 on: December 13, 2021, 04:19:09 PM »

Do you not think our hospitalisation and death rates have demonstrated that it's been working over the last 6 months?

You are aware the Flu jab has to be taken annually?  Virus' mutate, it's hardly rocket science that vaccines need to be updated.

Exactly, this variant wasn’t identified until a few weeks ago how anyone was expected to tweak the vaccine to match it in advance is beyond me.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6081 on: December 13, 2021, 05:26:09 PM »

Sounds a bit anti-vaxx to me with your Big Pharma mantra.

Always puzzles me that, "Big Pharma", as if there are little cottage industry types making vaccines on the side, in-between making fudge or something.

Offline colin69

« Reply #6082 on: December 13, 2021, 05:43:19 PM »
I’ve had both vaccines and the booster but I’m beginning to realise the government really don’t have a clue how it’s all going to pan out.
Vaccines are our way back to normality…..yeah right!!!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6083 on: December 13, 2021, 05:45:13 PM »

Exactly, this variant wasn’t identified until a few weeks ago how anyone was expected to tweak the vaccine to match it in advance is beyond me.

I take your point Chris but fortunately the scientists were planning ahead as the Glaxo vaccine hopefully will demonstrate.

Oh and Ads, that's probably the funniest thing you've ever said, I'm still pissing myself laughing. Bravo!

Offline Villan82

« Reply #6084 on: December 13, 2021, 06:11:09 PM »
Well now, this thread is depressing.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6085 on: December 13, 2021, 06:21:20 PM »
The reason we now need a booster is because new variants may not be fully contained with the existing vaccinations. Precisely why we continue to have annual flu shots. So it would help if everyone who can get it stopped being ignorant about the vaccine and the virus and got fully vaccinated so that the chance of new variants is reduced. It would also help if the countries that can afford it did all they could to get people in poorer nations vaccinated for the same reason. Often less than 10% of those populations have even one shot.

Offline WassallVillain

« Reply #6087 on: December 13, 2021, 07:55:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/greggevans40/status/1470074346949550080

One of our first team players has tested positive according to Greg(g) Evans.

Got to be Sanson
That’s exactly what I thought!

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #6088 on: December 13, 2021, 09:32:47 PM »
I thought Gerrard said two players and a few staff had tested positive in his presser, but I could be wrong.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #6089 on: December 13, 2021, 11:16:49 PM »
Wonder when the league will start talking about taking fire breaks? 40 odd cases and presumably will rise again next week, Spurs already two games called off, wouldn’t be surprised if this weekend is last football of the calendar year if lose 2/3/4 games to outbreaks.

Likewise no doubt events like football matches will be in govt firing line as regards further restrictions. 

Hopefully doesn’t go that way but feels like where the discussion is heading under Bumbling

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal