collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Baldy
[Today at 02:59:36 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 02:54:38 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 02:45:28 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 757044 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #5895 on: September 07, 2021, 01:28:15 PM »
When we have to prove we have been double jabbed to gain entry to the match, the queues are going to be very long!!!

I pity the stewards who are going to have to tell supporters that they cannot gain entry to the ground because they have not got the right paperwork or proof of a negative test

I went to a festival this weekend and an additional zap of a QR code was the extra process, so arguably double the time but nothing crazy.

Imagine if people have their info on their phones and their battery dies. 🤦‍♂️

I’ve definitely become more aware of the need to keep my phone charged! Carrying a power pack all the time now! ….but it’s got like that with electronic train & gig tickets, Apple Pay etc anyway!

I’ve been checking QR codes on the gate if festivals and a major issue has been the lack of signal - for everyone it’s always worth downloading the vaccination or test certificate before you set out so you can access it without a signal.

To be honest - the checks are, by necessity, cursory. We checked the date and result, but not whether it belonged to that person, or if it was a direct link, a screenshot, or an email (which could be forwarded to someone who isn’t eligible)

Covid passports are a double check for those who are concerned about attending with the virus, but for those who don’t care, there are numerous ways round it.

My cousin is a Man Utd season ticket holder and says his ST is on his phone app now
so it's probably coming

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #5896 on: September 07, 2021, 02:36:00 PM »

The NHS COVID Passes that I download from the App last for a month

Which app is this, the NHS one? Do you have to enter a result then you get the option?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #5897 on: September 07, 2021, 03:16:34 PM »

The NHS COVID Passes that I download from the App last for a month

Which app is this, the NHS one? Do you have to enter a result then you get the option?

You don't have to put your results in I just put my details in and they send a barcode and it's in the app.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #5898 on: September 11, 2021, 01:52:08 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/premierleague/status/1436346125431234573?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

A Great message from JVT for those attending Football matches. Let's hope the selfish morons who refuse the Vaccine and Tests take note or stay away.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #5899 on: September 11, 2021, 02:10:32 PM »
JVT has been really impressive during Covid. Speaks clearly and with great sense whenever I’ve seen him speak.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #5900 on: September 12, 2021, 02:33:30 PM »
Looks like the Conservatives have done yet another U-Turn and will no longer be introducing Covid Passports so we will have stadiums full of the unvaccinated and untested  . Cases will rocket this winter and Vaccination numbers in Birmingham are quite low, ridiculous decision but not at all surprising coming from this Government 

Offline KRS

« Reply #5901 on: September 14, 2021, 04:02:59 AM »
I don’t think it’s possible to have “stadiums full of the unvaccinated and untested” when the majority of the adult population are currently double jabbed? Obviously there will be a (hopefully small) percentage of non vaccinated and people carrying the virus (knowingly or unknowingly), but it will be far from “full stadiums”. I agree that cases are likely to rocket during the winter months for many reasons and via many streams, and we can only hope that they don’t start pointing the finger of blame towards football games as super spreader events otherwise we’ll be playing behind closed doors again before you know it.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #5902 on: September 14, 2021, 07:03:41 AM »
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but from I can gather that’s happening around me here where I live, lots of people are testing positive for a Covid, most are double jabbed unless under sixteen. So it is spreading amongst us with the vaccination.

Everyone one I know who’ve had Covid and have been vaccinated have not been too poorly so the vaccine is working in that respect.

So if that’s the case isn’t it just a case that in a crowd if you haven’t had the vaccine it’s your own risk to take more so than risking others?

Offline KRS

« Reply #5903 on: September 14, 2021, 07:35:28 AM »
Depends if you consider them being more likely to catch it and subsequently possibly spreading it to their circle of friends/family or anyone else they come in contact with as just a risk to themselves.

Offline Ian.

« Reply #5904 on: September 14, 2021, 07:40:52 AM »
But from my experience here it’s spreading amongst us who are vaccinated. So if that’s the case being in populated areas is the greater risk.

I’d just like to add, I’m vaccinated and I’m glad to say my eldest is too. But as the was I see it spreading, choosing not have the vaccination seems to be putting yourself at risk and anyone who chooses to go to any venue is also at risk of catching and spreading it.

I know they said having the vaccine is supposed to slow down the spread,  but is it actually? I guess that’s my point to this.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5905 on: September 14, 2021, 07:52:11 AM »
But from my experience here it’s spreading amongst us who are vaccinated. So if that’s the case being in populated areas is the greater risk.

I’d just like to add, I’m vaccinated and I’m glad to say my eldest is too. But as the was I see it spreading, choosing not have the vaccination seems to be putting yourself at risk and anyone who chooses to go to any venue is also at risk of catching and spreading it.

I know they said having the vaccine is supposed to slow down the spread,  but is it actually? I guess that’s my point to this.

It's not about the safety of people who choose not to have the vaccine. It's the safety of those who can't have the vaccine being put at greater risk by those who choose not to that's the issue.

Offline Ian.

« Reply #5906 on: September 14, 2021, 07:56:20 AM »
Yes but my point is, it’s spreading amongst people, lots of people who are vaccinated. So the risk must be being in a crowd.

Everyone I know including my own family have had the vaccine and have all caught Covid.

For those who can’t have the vaccine because of medical reasons, I have no idea what the answer is because it’s not going away. Also people can’t shield forever so this is not hiding too well.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5907 on: September 14, 2021, 08:02:14 AM »
We keep going over the same ground.

The vaccines work. If everyone who can be is vaccinated the chance of meeting someone with covid is much lower than if no one is vaccinated.

It's not zero because no vaccine is 100% effective, but that doesn't mean we should just forget it and give up on those who have no choice because of the selfishness of those that do.

Offline KRS

« Reply #5908 on: September 14, 2021, 08:03:26 AM »
Well unless you know absolutely everybody and who they have been in contact with then no one can be certain that they caught it from a vaccinated or unvaccinated person. They’ve also made it clear that being vaccinated doesn’t prevent transmission, which is why I find it remarkable that a lot of people seem to think they are immune and have stopped taking the simple preventative measures (social distancing, mask wearing and hand sanitiser) to prevent them from catching/spreading it. We can only be guided by the information we are told, and that this Delta variant is more transmissible than the previous, and similarly if vaccinations does reduce transmission by a percentage then the more that get vaccinated reduces that factor by even more…but less so if people aren’t vaccinated or don’t take precautions. We could also throw in the discussion of booster jabs if vaccines aren’t protecting some or all people as long as expected or initially thought (ie they are talking about starting booster jab rollouts within the next few weeks).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 08:05:37 AM by KRS »

Offline Ian.

« Reply #5909 on: September 14, 2021, 09:42:43 AM »
We keep going over the same ground.

The vaccines work. If everyone who can be is vaccinated the chance of meeting someone with covid is much lower than if no one is vaccinated.

It's not zero because no vaccine is 100% effective, but that doesn't mean we should just forget it and give up on those who have no choice because of the selfishness of those that do.

Like I said, the vaccines are working when it comes to the prevention of serious illness, but not stopping the spreading. So maybe so the only real prevention for spreading is not attending or having mass crowds? Which is all I was getting at.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal