collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 758255 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #5880 on: September 06, 2021, 02:00:23 PM »

You are right but they have said you need proof of vaccination to large sporting events 'a passport' its coming.

He shouldnt get any special treatment then thats enforced. 

Well, until there is a passport, and you need one to either watch or play a game of football, and if you do it transpires that Ronaldo isn't being vaccinated, I don't think there's much point in worrying about it.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #5881 on: September 06, 2021, 07:08:45 PM »

You are right but they have said you need proof of vaccination to large sporting events 'a passport' its coming.

He shouldnt get any special treatment then thats enforced. 

Well, until there is a passport, and you need one to either watch or play a game of football, and if you do it transpires that Ronaldo isn't being vaccinated, I don't think there's much point in worrying about it.

Agreed. It will be very shortly it seems as early as October.  What gets me is that they slate the general public for being anti vaxxers for those who havent had vaccine. Yet you have people like ronaldo not getting critised for it. I doubt the media will ever name him.

The guy should be encouraging people and when the passports come out he should be treated the same as those who havent been vaccinated.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #5882 on: September 07, 2021, 01:14:45 AM »
I'm Double Vaccinated and have Tested Positive for the Virus and have only been in contact (recently) with other people who I know are Vaccinated so it just shows we need vaccines plus Testing to really stop the spread at large events

Offline sid1964

« Reply #5883 on: September 07, 2021, 06:26:17 AM »
When we have to prove we have been double jabbed to gain entry to the match, the queues are going to be very long!!!

I pity the stewards who are going to have to tell supporters that they cannot gain entry to the ground because they have not got the right paperwork or proof of a negative test

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #5884 on: September 07, 2021, 06:29:49 AM »
When we have to prove we have been double jabbed to gain entry to the match, the queues are going to be very long!!!

I pity the stewards who are going to have to tell supporters that they cannot gain entry to the ground because they have not got the right paperwork or proof of a negative test

I went to a festival this weekend and an additional zap of a QR code was the extra process, so arguably double the time but nothing crazy.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #5885 on: September 07, 2021, 08:20:09 AM »

I went to a festival this weekend and an additional zap of a QR code was the extra process, so arguably double the time but nothing crazy.

Imagine if people have their info on their phones and their battery dies. 🤦‍♂️

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #5886 on: September 07, 2021, 09:29:21 AM »
So he's an anti-vaxxer? Glad to see my suspicions about him being a massive dickhead confirmed.

He might just not be fully vaccinated yet, which is a completely different thing.

He might not be but he is in my age group so he should have been offered both by now. The evidence seems to suggest he hasnt had the vaccines. Bellend. Why does he get special treatment?

Are people not allowed to choose what they put into their own bodies without being called a bellend?  I've had both to give context but I think it's every individuals right.
Yes, they can choose what they put in their own bodies and that is their right.

However, that isn't the same as having complete freedom of choice if you do that.  So yeah, if you don't want to be vaccinated that's fine.  But you don't get to go to large scale gatherings, you have stricter quarantine rules, ... because ultimately the responsibility is there for each of us to reduce the impact of the global pandemic.  One way to do that is being vaccinated.  Another way is limited social contact, protective masks, etc.  You have the right to choose which of those is most appropriate for you, but you don't get to choose 'neither'.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #5887 on: September 07, 2021, 10:00:24 AM »

I’ve definitely become more aware of the need to keep my phone charged! Carrying a power pack all the time now! ….but it’s got like that with electronic train & gig tickets, Apple Pay etc anyway!

I’ve been checking QR codes on the gate if festivals and a major issue has been the lack of signal - for everyone it’s always worth downloading the vaccination or test certificate before you set out so you can access it without a signal.

To be honest - the checks are, by necessity, cursory. We checked the date and result, but not whether it belonged to that person, or if it was a direct link, a screenshot, or an email (which could be forwarded to someone who isn’t eligible)

Covid passports are a double check for those who are concerned about attending with the virus, but for those who don’t care, there are numerous ways round it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5888 on: September 07, 2021, 10:05:33 AM »
Can't you get something to print off if you're less phone-savvy, or don't have much charge? Assume that would be accepted.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #5889 on: September 07, 2021, 10:13:51 AM »
Can't you get something to print off if you're less phone-savvy, or don't have much charge? Assume that would be accepted.

Call 119. Someone posted a link on here a while back, I’m sure. I got mine in letter form within a few days.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #5890 on: September 07, 2021, 10:27:00 AM »

You can print it off and that’s a safe option, but you will need a new one each time because a NHS passport only lasts a couple of days, & printing is expensive.

You always carry round a 3 ton power bank anyway!

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #5891 on: September 07, 2021, 10:29:51 AM »

Call 119. Someone posted a link on here a while back, I’m sure. I got mine in letter form within a few days.
The NHS app you can email yourself (or anyone else!) a pdf of your certificate for printing - my daughter did hers straight to me the other day to print out as a back up for travelling.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #5892 on: September 07, 2021, 10:31:36 AM »

I do the same with battery packs! Its the most handy thing. I take it everywhere with me now.

I’ve definitely become more aware of the need to keep my phone charged! Carrying a power pack all the time now! ….but it’s got like that with electronic train & gig tickets, Apple Pay etc anyway!

I’ve been checking QR codes on the gate if festivals and a major issue has been the lack of signal - for everyone it’s always worth downloading the vaccination or test certificate before you set out so you can access it without a signal.

To be honest - the checks are, by necessity, cursory. We checked the date and result, but not whether it belonged to that person, or if it was a direct link, a screenshot, or an email (which could be forwarded to someone who isn’t eligible)

Covid passports are a double check for those who are concerned about attending with the virus, but for those who don’t care, there are numerous ways round it.

I do same thing! Battery packs are thw most handy thing. I take it everywhere with me these days

just dont see large scale events having time to thoroughly check these QR codes. Imagine 70k at OT how long that takes as well as checking people for weapons and shit like that.

In clubs they will do the bare minimum as they have lost so much money and are against these vaccine passports
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 10:33:45 AM by Demitri_C »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5893 on: September 07, 2021, 10:32:52 AM »

You can print it off and that’s a safe option, but you will need a new one each time because a NHS passport only lasts a couple of days, & printing is expensive.

You always carry round a 3 ton power bank anyway!

That's true, I was thinking more about others who were worried. 🙂

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #5894 on: September 07, 2021, 12:30:12 PM »

The NHS COVID Passes that I download from the App last for a month

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal