collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City, a referee and two linesmen Post Match Thread  (Read 44788 times)

Offline mcgrath_85

Re: Aston Villa v Man City, a referee and two linesmen Post Match Thread
« Reply #360 on: March 03, 2020, 11:57:39 PM »
Some twats never get away from the Mrs unless we appear at a final so completely lose the plot.  When I arrived at the green man for the Fulham game at around 2.30pm there were blokes puking into their own pint pots.  Nothing wrong with a good few jars to lighten the mood just need to be able to handle your piss.

Brilliant.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #361 on: March 04, 2020, 07:31:45 AM »
It was interesting to note that man city (who were as good as offering tickets to any person walking their dog past the Etihad) had a crystal palace fan representing them in the half time competition last Sunday.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #362 on: March 04, 2020, 08:19:41 AM »
With a lot of the younger element nowadays it is more drug related than booze. You can tell by their actions, angry faces and aggressive behaviour.

The drunks are bloody annoying but usually end up asleep or fell over. If you watch that video there is one guy (with the woolly hat) who has no actual beef with anyone but just randomly hits out at strangers - in most cases when their backs are turned

I really hope that Plod gets images of these morons and shops them

If you've seen the photo of the lad who is supposed to have dished out the Coronavirus abuse to some oriental fan in the concourse (he has a blue puffa jacket on) he is also one of the ones scrapping in the stand. The woolly hat guy is also in the photo so one of his mates, not so innocent.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #363 on: March 04, 2020, 08:38:42 AM »
I’ve never seen anybody take coke and then become more of a pleasure to be around. Awful drug.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #364 on: March 04, 2020, 08:51:58 AM »
I had the misfortune of driving one of these arseholes to the Arsenal final.
He drank from Yorkshire to Wembley, which I don’t have a problem with but he was obnoxious in the ground. Luckily he was in a row in front.

He left in a strop before the end of the game and took the train home.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #365 on: March 04, 2020, 10:18:38 AM »
Saw no bad behaviour all day. On a slight tangent, couple in front of us (block 136), chap in his fifties, female mid twenties, stood up all match,uttered not one word of encouragement to the team the whole match. Not one clap.
Just a disinterested stare at the pitch, like they'd never been to a match. Must admit it was unsettling.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #366 on: March 04, 2020, 10:20:54 AM »
It was interesting to note that man city (who were as good as offering tickets to any person walking their dog past the Etihad) had a crystal palace fan representing them in the half time competition last Sunday.

Yep, I mentioned that in the match thread. Funniest part of the day :)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #367 on: March 04, 2020, 11:43:07 AM »
He drank from Yorkshire to Wembley, which I don’t have a problem with but he was obnoxious in the ground. Luckily he was in a row in front.

Ah yes. Sorry about that.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #368 on: March 04, 2020, 12:09:54 PM »
Saw no bad behaviour all day. On a slight tangent, couple in front of us (block 136), chap in his fifties, female mid twenties, stood up all match,uttered not one word of encouragement to the team the whole match. Not one clap.
Just a disinterested stare at the pitch, like they'd never been to a match. Must admit it was unsettling.

It’s so weird when you notice someone who consumes what you do in such a completely different way. There a bloke who sits a few rows in front of me at Villa Park, never celebrates goals he just sits there, stands up at the end of the game a few claps then he’s off up the stairs.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #369 on: March 04, 2020, 12:28:37 PM »

Potential serial killer profile!

Offline ratboyandy

« Reply #370 on: March 04, 2020, 12:53:15 PM »
I had the misfortunate to be sat in the middle of all that fighting on sunday.  Didnt wreck my day but was embarrased by the behaviour, and certainly wouldnt have wanted to be stuck in the middle if I had the mrs with me  - and must have been bad for those in the area with kids etc.
There was a really nice elderly guy sat in front of the guy with the black hat - thankfully somebody moved him out of the was as soon as it kicked off so he wasnt there by the time the fighting spread to his seat.

Dont know what started it but wasnt surprised when it did go off as something had been building up to it, at the time we thought it was related to two groups who had a run in earlier.   - the video only shows a portion of what went on.  What did suprise me was how quickly it spread round the rows around it and how some of the participents seemed to think its perfectly ok to just punch out at anyone that moved  - a girl in the front of it all got punched in the face like that. as did people who were just trying to break it up.  Seemed like people came over from elsewhere in the ground to "bravely" sneak up behind people and throw cowardly "sucker punches"  The guy in the blue puffer jacket was one of the worst for random punching  - the guys behind him called him out on it at the end and his excuse was "what do you expect me to do , im looking after my mates"

the main participents were all waiting in a line (no pun intended) before Kick off to get into the toilet cubicle  -so unless they had a nasty stomach bug they were all indulging in the old marching powder  -  it showed in their faces when fighting as they just wanted to punch everyone and everything and werent capable of being talked round.  In fact some of those running in to join in looked completely out of it and hardly capable of standing up.

It carried on after the videos stop, the stewards that were there were only youngish lads who obviously thought they werent paid enough to step in to stop it (not that I blame them) but waited for the head steward  who was a women to turn up after it was all over.  I suspect the policy may be they let it punch itself out in the knowledge its all on CCTV so can be traced after the event.  i suspect a few are being ID'd already - feel sorry for anyone who got dragged into it that may get done as a result.

For the sake of balance I will say if it hadnt been for that incident whilst  I saw lots of drunk people i saw no bad behaviour the rest of the day.  I do tend to drink away from the ground though and only come into wembley not long before kick off.

think thats my first post in about 10 years, im going back into lurking mode again now.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #371 on: March 04, 2020, 01:55:39 PM »
Quote from: markeeeebeeee2005 link=topic=60674.msg3730052#msg3730052 date=1583311122
I’ve never seen anybody take coke and then become more of a pleasure to be around. Awful drug.
[/quote

Oh for the days of pills and inflatable bananas.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #372 on: March 04, 2020, 02:09:41 PM »
Thanks for that post ratboy I really hope the club will act and get rid of these total bellends

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #373 on: March 04, 2020, 02:56:03 PM »

Ah yes. Sorry about that.

Ha, it wasn't your fault Drummond! I appreciate what you did.

The other passenger was lovely and I've been told he's normally a decent guy.
Just not pissed.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #374 on: March 04, 2020, 03:15:09 PM »
I was in Block 128 but this perfectly describes the couple to my right.
Whilst I was pulling my hair out at misplaced passes, shouting to our players to keep the ball, calling Lee Mason a twat and going nuts when we scored they showed no response whatsoever to anything that happened on the pitch or around them. Strange.

I also went to The Green Man, as usual, and other than a few idiots letting off flares, I saw no bad behaviour at all... just lots of slightly pissed, happy people and one stroppy youngster who got very upset when someone bumped into him and he spilt beer on his white t-shirt.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal