collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City, a referee and two linesmen Post Match Thread  (Read 44798 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Aston Villa v Man City, a referee and two linesmen Post Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2020, 07:18:48 PM »
4 final defeats in a row. We are due a trophy.

We really messed up that year with Bradford. Given the front 3 was really clicking at the time we'd have had a very good chance of beating Swansea. Took 4 points off them in the league that season.

We tend to average a major final every five years which isn't too bad considering Everton haven't played one in over a decade now.

Offline Fred Crump

Re: Aston Villa v Man City Post Match Thread
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2020, 07:19:08 PM »
Micah Richards, born in Birmingham, raised in Leeds but professional City fan. I wish he’d fucking shut up.

I suppose he's getting paid to talk. Even he can't fuck that up and disappear into a basement somewhere for 2 years.
I’d happily pay him to shut up

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2020, 07:19:14 PM »
That second half has set the standard for effort for the rest of the season.

And if our victory over Liverpool has an asterisk against it, so must the last 10 years of man city’s history.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2020, 07:21:03 PM »
Small Heath Alliance kindly had a twenty two page match thread for us today.

Isnt that the norm?

They are now telling themselves that us being narrowly defeated thanks to a dodgy decision is far better than the battering they were hoping for. Secretly you just know they are gutted we didn't get thrashed.

Don't really care what they say. Just rankles they get that bit of luck in the last minute in 2011 with the Arsenal keeper dropping the ball on Martins foot and that always seems to elude us in these finals at crucial moments.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2020, 07:27:50 PM »
A lot better than expected. Let's hope we carry that forward for the rest of the season.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2020, 07:30:07 PM »
Somebody on here must have predicted a City narrow win, dodgy decision and a Grealish injury.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2020, 07:30:53 PM »
Grealish cramp not injured

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2020, 07:31:08 PM »
A respectable scoreline, a bearable defeat.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2020, 07:31:21 PM »
There's no glory in defeat. I hate losing, but I think we can take a lot from that performance.

To start with the bad, Targett got caught under the ball for the first goal, where you needed to get tight to Foden. If he still gets a cross off then fair play but we made it easy for him.

The defending for their second was poor, but I think concentration had gone from the absolutely dire decision for the corner.

They made the pitch big and we struggled at times with that, we gifted them a lot of the ball at times by recycling possession.

They had a good number of chances, but half chances and Nyland made one save of consequence all game. I think that's a credit. We showed bottle, fight and application. Square posts and maybe we're celebrating a penalty shoot out.

I was so worried about getting hammered and at 2-0 I feared the worse. But they showed they have minerals today.

Guilbert smothered Sterling, Engels and Mings looked far more composed. Luiz put a shift in, Nakamba played a glove on them.

When they're bringing on Bernardo Silva and De Bruyne, the quality is irresistible. But we hung on in there. Well played boys, there's something to take from that.

In other news, I drank San Miguel before the game and left the lucky beer in the car, so we'll stay up now easy.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2020, 07:36:40 PM »
Small Heath Alliance kindly had a twenty two page match thread for us today.

Isnt that the norm?

They are now telling themselves that us being narrowly defeated thanks to a dodgy decision is far better than the battering they were hoping for. Secretly you just know they are gutted we didn't get thrashed.

Don't really care what they say. Just rankles they get that bit of luck in the last minute in 2011 with the Arsenal keeper dropping the ball on Martins foot and that always seems to elude us in these finals at crucial moments.

They have a recurring argument on there where 70% of the idiots keep saying we  are spawny and a more reasonable 30% of them argue against it. Their cup win was as spawny as you can get.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2020, 07:36:54 PM »
The defending for their second was poor, but I think concentration had gone from the absolutely dire decision for the corner.
We're just poor defensively.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2020, 07:37:26 PM »
Got to say btw I've never rated John Stones at any point since Everton signed him. Says it all about football this sort of player moves for 40m + these days and wins loads of trophies. Him falling on his flipping arse was beautiful, shame it wasn't a crucial goal.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2020, 07:37:38 PM »
I think bringing Samatta off was the wrong call, unless he was injured.  Would love to have seen him and Davis upfront.  Conor did okay when he came on but Trez was a bit disappointing.  Elmo justified his inclusion, as did Nyland.
totally agree

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2020, 07:39:30 PM »
Keep that effort going in the league and we will stay up. No excuses now. Proud of them for the effort today.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal