collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City, a referee and two linesmen Post Match Thread  (Read 44800 times)

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
Re: Aston Villa v Man City Post Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2020, 06:45:33 PM »
Reasonably proud of the team, extremely proud of the fans who were immense through out.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2020, 06:45:44 PM »
As others have said that's the sort of thing that VAR should be helping with, the check would've taken less time than the Villa players spent telling the ref he'd got it wrong so the 'slows the game down' argument is null. Yes we should've defended better but I honestly think a few of our players were still pissed off at the decision and the concentration dipped for a few seconds.
It's frustrating of course but the 'defending badly because we're still pissed off' argument is pretty weak. 

I never said it wasn't, doesn't stop it being true though, we looked disorganised and they took advantage, it shouldn't have happened but it did, that doesn't stop the officials being badly at fault though.
If we'd be been defending brilliantly all season you might have a point but we have the worst defence in the division.  Defending badly is something we routinely do.  The corner decision was wrong; we defend the corner better and it's forgotten forever.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2020, 06:46:13 PM »
Lucky not to be battered BUT the score was 2:1 and they scored from a unjust corner.

I have no problem in letting them have a corner if the officials are unsure, but if it results in a goal it should be a VAR call.

Sterling is a horrible little cnut.

I reckon it ought to be the players that decide which contested decisions to review.

Agree.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2020, 06:46:27 PM »
We absolutely have to take encouragement even from a loss. We hardly had the ball and yet they were bricking it when we put balls into the box.

Samatta was great.

McGinn might have made a difference today, hopefully he will make a huge difference in the coming weeks.

types

Amen Jon

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2020, 06:46:31 PM »
As others have said that's the sort of thing that VAR should be helping with, the check would've taken less time than the Villa players spent telling the ref he'd got it wrong so the 'slows the game down' argument is null. Yes we should've defended better but I honestly think a few of our players were still pissed off at the decision and the concentration dipped for a few seconds.
It's frustrating of course but the 'defending badly because we're still pissed off' argument is pretty weak. 

I never said it wasn't, doesn't stop it being true though, we looked disorganised and they took advantage, it shouldn't have happened but it did, that doesn't stop the officials being badly at fault though.

It’s back to play the whistle isn’t it, we’ve been naive about that for a long time with notable cases like leeds. A sign of an inexperienced side. We need to get over bad decisions and keep our heads in the game.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2020, 06:46:38 PM »

If we'd be been defending brilliantly all season you might have a point but we have the worst defence in the division.  Defending badly is something we routinely do.  The corner decision was wrong; we defend the corner better and it's forgotten forever.

I can't be arsed to argue with you.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2020, 06:47:40 PM »
Just picked this up from a Man City Forum

''Brilliant game and fantastic win, credit to villa for giving their all and making it a very exciting watch, how are they in trouble.

Enjoy the victory blues

Makes you think.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2020, 06:48:22 PM »
I find it hard to be mad after that. Disappointing not to take it to extra time but nobody gave us a chance and yet we forced Guardiola to bring on his big guns.

We're a bit guileless with the ball but that's us innit.

All in all can't be too displeased.

UTV

UTV

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2020, 06:48:31 PM »
Ho hum. The much better team won. Usual 20+ shots conceded, and no sign that we’re learning any lessons.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2020, 06:48:34 PM »

I can't be arsed to argue with you.
Great news!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2020, 06:49:50 PM »
Our defence remains an utter shambles.

Offline supertom

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2020, 06:50:13 PM »
We have to play at this level bare minimum, every remaining game now. We can't let our effort dip, because we're not good enough to get away with it. Again, we're still making errors, and we're still too slow to adapt to what the opposition is doing when it's clear they're targeting weak spots (in City's case, opening out the width of the pitch and exploiting acres on our opposing wings).

It's another boo hoo, almost but not quite, plucky underdog, better luck next time game (which in all honesty are about as pleasant as repeatedly getting kicked in the gonads). It's painful raising your game only to lose a game everyone thinks you're going to lose. So we really can't be having repeats of Bournmouth, Southampton, Watford where we're just atrocious and not working nearly hard enough. It's a waste of a weekend all told, UNLESS we can keep those workrate levels up and start getting at teams (particularly the more beatable sides). Lets not dribble piss our way meekly into the Championship.

Online aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2020, 06:52:51 PM »
Micah Richards, born in Birmingham, raised in Leeds but professional City fan. I wish he’d fucking shut up.

Offline supertom

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2020, 06:53:44 PM »
I'm also disappointed in Guilbert...for not absolutely smashing Sterling into row Z with his legs in bits...but obviously that's just not on in the modern game and he'd have been sent off. The sadist in me, not that it should be condoned, quietly enjoyed Dublin nutting Savage and would have had a quite inner applause had Guilbert absolutely mullered that little wanker.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2020, 06:54:34 PM »
Strange but I felt far worse after the last two league games than this. Effort was there. I just wish we could cut out the stupid defensive errors. We weren't disgraced and we weren't humiliated. Now let's try and stay up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal