collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 12:46:44 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

Gordon Cowans by devilla
[Today at 12:43:32 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:42:22 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 12:46:44 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by devilla
[Today at 12:43:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:42:22 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:40:33 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 12:38:12 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:36:41 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City, a referee and two linesmen Post Match Thread  (Read 44850 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Aston Villa v Man City Post Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2020, 06:37:38 PM »
And what’s going on with our defending of corners. Mings wasted.... one of our best headers of the ball not marking anyone and caught in no mans land on a number of occasions?!

We do it so he can give him more licence to track the ball rather than getting in a wrestling contest. Has its pros and cons like any other system.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2020, 06:39:02 PM »
One thing I will say though.... that Foden kid looks a player. His control from that cross field ball first half 👌🏼

Yep very impressed although I've liked him before in his cameos.

He really should be playing somewhere week in week out. Would be good shout to make England squad as he offers more than likes of Winks.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2020, 06:39:17 PM »
Im fucked off with aspects of what we did but when a linesman cant see an easy as fuck decision from 5 yards away then whats the point? Horrendous at his job, should be embarrased, will probably say it was hard to see, his union will pat him on the back and say never mind.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 08:58:12 PM by Legion »

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2020, 06:39:47 PM »
We absolutely have to take encouragement even from a loss. We hardly had the ball and yet they were bricking it when we put balls into the box.

Samatta was great.

McGinn might have made a difference today, hopefully he will make a huge difference in the coming weeks.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2020, 06:40:15 PM »
Gave a really good account of themselves and were in the game still at the end there. Best cup final performance since the last time we won one. If we play like that till the end of the season we should be fine but I’m not confident we will keep it up.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2020, 06:40:56 PM »
Rubbish. Fucked off. We did alright. Too many bang average players in our team, but we weren't humiliated. Which is a minor plus point.

Sorrows to drown now.

No. Chins up. We did alright. This was no disgrace and it was always going to be tough. In the end, fine lines of luck did for us. The team showed bottle for the first time in ages, I take a lot of encouragement from this. Eight days until the next match now, so plenty of time to recuperate.

Offline Bermuda Villa

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2020, 06:41:03 PM »
Proud to be a Villa fan, support was magnificent. We were very limited against a team that have spent and spent and spent over the last 5 years but boy was the effort there. Lets take this into the remaining games and if we can we will get points on the board.

I hope there 2 year ban sticks like Man Ure and Chelsea before them they have brought success.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2020, 06:41:17 PM »
As others have said that's the sort of thing that VAR should be helping with, the check would've taken less time than the Villa players spent telling the ref he'd got it wrong so the 'slows the game down' argument is null. Yes we should've defended better but I honestly think a few of our players were still pissed off at the decision and the concentration dipped for a few seconds.
It's frustrating of course but the 'defending badly because we're still pissed off' argument is pretty weak. 

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2020, 06:41:57 PM »
Pretty much said it all season but if we can give Man. City a decent game on neutral venue then we really should have enough to rouse ourselves and beat one of Chelsea, Man. United or Arsenal at VP.

Going to have to stay up.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2020, 06:42:15 PM »
Sat in CW right at the City end, centre, so 30000 of them all around us and heard them about three times. Heard our fans all the way through.

Our support was utterly magnificent start to finish.

City fans absolutely woeful. Also 80-20 us/them in neutral CW.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2020, 06:42:30 PM »
Proud of that performance.

I think I've had far too much to drink mate. Or the Villa have just worn me down.

I didn't enjoy that much at all. I'll have to watch it back again tomorrow. Up the Villa, pal. I hope you're well!

Haha good work mate! I’m just moving onto the shorts, sounds like I’m way behind you.

Maybe my bar is just too low at this point. I was really expecting a humiliating cricket score, especially when they were tearing us apart in the wide positions in the first half. We ran them close and can go into the run in with a bit of pride, happy with that.

All good here thanks, hope you are too mate!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2020, 06:44:06 PM »
As others have said that's the sort of thing that VAR should be helping with, the check would've taken less time than the Villa players spent telling the ref he'd got it wrong so the 'slows the game down' argument is null. Yes we should've defended better but I honestly think a few of our players were still pissed off at the decision and the concentration dipped for a few seconds.
It's frustrating of course but the 'defending badly because we're still pissed off' argument is pretty weak. 

I never said it wasn't, doesn't stop it being true though, we looked disorganised and they took advantage, it shouldn't have happened but it did, that doesn't stop the officials being badly at fault though.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2020, 06:44:40 PM »
Lucky not to be battered BUT the score was 2:1 and they scored from a unjust corner.

I have no problem in letting them have a corner if the officials are unsure, but if it results in a goal it should be a VAR call.

Sterling is a horrible little cnut.

I reckon it ought to be the players that decide which contested decisions to review.

Online Villan82

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2020, 06:45:01 PM »
We had them rattled. Watching them panic at the end, hoofing it out etc. Just shows how close we were.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2020, 06:45:13 PM »
Did ourselves proud and let down by a absolutely pathetic linesman. A disgrace and we are owed a apology. Obviously they wont do that the cowards.

Mings motm and we did ourselves proud.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal