collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans Worried Over Villa Future  (Read 575762 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Fans Worried Over Villa Future
« Reply #6180 on: June 06, 2018, 08:45:01 PM »
Signposts on the road to where we are now that we ignored.

Doing a secret deal with MON that made Lerner and the club look weak and stupid.

Appointing Gerard Houllier despite his health

Randy flying to Corsica to beg Alex McLeish to work his magic on us.

Alex McLeish punching the air at the final whistle of a match we had drawn.

Paul Lambert's bomb squad.

The alleged  bullying of young players by Lambert's assistants.

Young and hungry.

Lambert bragging about fan expectations being reduced.

Sherwood throwing the continental players under the bus.

Remi Garde leaving without a whimper.

Black letting the relegated team turn in the wind and do nothing to prepare for the Championship.

KMac sticking two fingers up to the club and the fans at Tottenham. 

RDM see Remi Garde (above)

The entire impression of making it up as they went along triumvirate of Tony Xia, Steve Bruce and Keir Wyness.  No plan A No plan B. Just bluster and bullshit to cover plans made on the hoof.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #6181 on: June 06, 2018, 08:50:43 PM »
I think the real rot set in about 15 years ago or more. Football was changing and we didn't have a board that could move with the times; from one season to another things were always up in the air. 3 or 4 seasons of stability under Lerner before the lack of real structure at the club surfaced again in a different guise. Then all of the stuff Brian posted happened.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #6182 on: June 06, 2018, 08:51:54 PM »
Wonder if Mervyn King might be tempted back to have a look at things.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #6183 on: June 06, 2018, 08:52:55 PM »
ASTON VILLA have averted their first crisis after reaching an agreement with HMRC over their outstanding £4.2million tax bill.

S**Sport can reveal Villa have made a substantial down-payment of £500,000 today and will follow that up with further payments next week.
Do you have to quote those ****** mate?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6184 on: June 06, 2018, 08:54:52 PM »
I think the real rot set in about 15 years ago or more. Football was changing and we didn't have a board that could move with the times; from one season to another things were always up in the air. 3 or 4 seasons of stability under Lerner before the lack of real structure at the club surfaced again in a different guise. Then all of the stuff Brian posted happened.

Look at Spurs. They were always in turmoil compared to us. One Daniel Levy and a Pochettino later...

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #6185 on: June 06, 2018, 08:58:49 PM »
Not that I wouldn't have been happier had we been promoted, but if Xia's problem is that he effectively doesn't have any cash he can give the club, then this would have happened eventually anyway. £100 million or no, we'd still have been spunking multi millions every month, just more of it in the pursuit of staying up. What's happened is undoubtedly a terrible thing, but if it's come to a head now it could be at a fraction of the damage we could have sustained had we had a tilt in the Prem.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #6186 on: June 06, 2018, 09:17:55 PM »
Not that I wouldn't have been happier had we been promoted, but if Xia's problem is that he effectively doesn't have any cash he can give the club, then this would have happened eventually anyway. £100 million or no, we'd still have been spunking multi millions every month, just more of it in the pursuit of staying up. What's happened is undoubtedly a terrible thing, but if it's come to a head now it could be at a fraction of the damage we could have sustained had we had a tilt in the Prem.

Promotion or not this day was always going to come. You can only bet and double down so many times. Tony, while passionate, proved his naivety. I don't want to call him a fool, but it's looking more and more apparent as the information regarding the matter comes out.

I know he's  big into Twitter and he sees what the supporters are saying, he must feel heavy with guilt.

I just cannot believe this is happening again.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #6187 on: June 06, 2018, 09:24:28 PM »
I feel fucking sick. Thanks Randy and Dr X for destroying my football club. Well done!

Randy yes, I genuinely think Xia did his best to get us up

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #6188 on: June 06, 2018, 09:25:07 PM »
ASTON VILLA have averted their first crisis after reaching an agreement with HMRC over their outstanding £4.2million tax bill.

S**Sport can reveal Villa have made a substantial down-payment of £500,000 today and will follow that up with further payments next week.
Do you have to quote those c***s mate?

I shouldn't,  all things considered, but it was Sky's City Editor who broke the story and clearly had the sources.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #6189 on: June 06, 2018, 09:27:05 PM »
I feel fucking sick. Thanks Randy and Dr X for destroying my football club. Well done!

Randy yes, I genuinely think Xia did his best to get us up

I would say Xia appears to be very similar to Randy, just Randy wasn’t skint.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #6190 on: June 06, 2018, 09:34:02 PM »
I'm not demanding hourly Twitter updates or anything but some sort of communication from the club would nice. God knows what I want them to say though...

Edit, I did get an email from them this morning, offering discounts in the club shop.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:38:43 PM by Chico Hamilton III »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6191 on: June 06, 2018, 09:38:44 PM »
Much as i'd like to know what the actual situation is, i'd rather wait and get something meaningful and accurate from the club rather than them say some half arsed appeasement guff. And I can't see them being ready to say anything yet until they fully know how fecked we are, or aren't, and what the likely outcome is going to be.

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #6192 on: June 06, 2018, 09:39:00 PM »
Couldn’t see this anywhere. Latest from Sky...

Aston Villa reach agreement with HMRC to stave off immediate threat of administration
Last Updated: 06/06/18 7:54pm

Aston Villa have reached an agreement with the tax authorities to stave off the immediate threat of administration, Sky Sports News understands.

We have been told HMRC are content with an arrangement whereby the club pays £1.2m by the end of this week - around half of the money it owes in unpaid tax - after an immediate payment of £500,000 was made earlier on Wednesday.

As a result, HMRC has shelved its plans to issue legal proceedings against Villa, via a winding up order in the courts.

The club have given guarantees that a further £700,000 will be paid before the weekend, and are working on a short-term solution to their cash flow issues, so that the remaining £1.2m can be paid quickly, and to HMRC's satisfaction.

It is thought the club are confident that in the longer term they will be able to pay all of their bills and make the accounts sustainable again, though this may involve the sale of some of their better players.

Part of the cash flow problem is related to the fact that Villa are not currently earning any matchday income in the close season, though they have sold 17,000 season tickets.

It has also emerged, following discussion with confidential sources, that - whilst Villa's owner, Tony Xia, is prepared to sell the club for the right price - his preferred option is to find new investors to work alongside him, so that he remains in overall control.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6193 on: June 06, 2018, 09:42:14 PM »
Part of the cash flow problem is related to the fact that Villa are not currently earning any matchday income in the close season, though they have sold 17,000 season tickets.

I always knew that this crazy new invention of no club football for a couple of months in the summer would catch someone out. I miss going down VP in June and July to watch us play.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #6194 on: June 06, 2018, 09:42:41 PM »
Wonder if Mervyn King might be tempted back to have a look at things.

Think it’s become apparent that King and Bernstein resigned because they knew the incoming Xia and Wyness model wasn’t sustainable and no promotion in two years would equal a shitstorm of quite epic proportions.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal