collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 148942 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #975 on: July 13, 2020, 08:13:59 PM »
Yep, that Watford v Arsenal game scares me. Never rely on Arsenal.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #976 on: July 13, 2020, 09:05:17 PM »
Watford will win. Welbeck will score the winner.

Online Rory

« Reply #977 on: July 13, 2020, 09:32:26 PM »

Unless they're playing us. They're normally a pretty safe bet then, the tarquin wankers.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #978 on: July 13, 2020, 09:34:47 PM »

Unless they're playing us. They're normally a pretty safe bet then, the tarquin wankers.

Of course.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #979 on: July 13, 2020, 09:43:39 PM »
Watford will win. Deeney will score the winner.

Fixed.

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #980 on: July 13, 2020, 09:46:11 PM »
We were 80/1 to get promoted on 1st March last season. We then beat Derby 4-0 and dropped to 33/1, at which point my mate lumped on us. He was particularly happy at Wembley after the PO Final.
8 of us went for a few pints after WBA beat us at VP. We put £80 on the Villa to go up ay 50/1. We enjoyed wembley as well. There have ben a few suggestions that we put another 80 on us to stay up.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #981 on: July 14, 2020, 07:14:19 AM »
We were 80/1 to get promoted on 1st March last season. We then beat Derby 4-0 and dropped to 33/1, at which point my mate lumped on us. He was particularly happy at Wembley after the PO Final.
8 of us went for a few pints after WBA beat us at VP. We put £80 on the Villa to go up ay 50/1. We enjoyed wembley as well. There have ben a few suggestions that we put another 80 on us to stay up.
Just wire me the money instead.
Let me know when you want my bank details.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #982 on: July 14, 2020, 07:49:17 AM »
I am surprised the Bookies are still in business

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #983 on: July 14, 2020, 09:57:22 AM »

Have you seen Damo's record?

Online lovejoy

« Reply #984 on: July 14, 2020, 10:35:42 AM »

I watched this market closely and never saw us getting near 80/1, which bookies did you use?

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #985 on: July 14, 2020, 10:52:46 AM »

Have you seen Damo's record?

Yes. It's a Queen album.

Online The Edge

« Reply #986 on: July 14, 2020, 11:18:31 AM »
It will still take a monumental effort from the lads to still be in with a chance of survival against West Ham. It will also require other results to go our way.  But there's still hope. On the flipside relegation would give us parachute payments to rebuild the squad plus a huge amount from the sale of Jack is available for us to spend as he's a home grown player. Then we do still have wealthy owners who will have watched Man City smash ffp and they will be looking at the implications for clubs like us. So stay up and build the squad or get relegated and still be in a good position to rebuild. Either way I'm still optimistic for a bright future at Villa Park. It feels nothing like the gloomy days of our previous relegation and if we do go down I'll be backing us with a hefty bet on an immediate return.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #987 on: July 14, 2020, 11:50:01 AM »
It will still take a monumental effort from the lads to still be in with a chance of survival against West Ham. It will also require other results to go our way.  But there's still hope. On the flipside relegation would give us parachute payments to rebuild the squad plus a huge amount from the sale of Jack is available for us to spend as he's a home grown player. Then we do still have wealthy owners who will have watched Man City smash ffp and they will be looking at the implications for clubs like us. So stay up and build the squad or get relegated and still be in a good position to rebuild. Either way I'm still optimistic for a bright future at Villa Park. It feels nothing like the gloomy days of our previous relegation and if we do go down I'll be backing us with a hefty bet on an immediate return.

I'm not sure I'd say monumental effort to be honest a win and a defeat in the next 2 would almost certainly see us still within 2 points of safety going into the last game.

Online The Edge

« Reply #988 on: July 14, 2020, 12:10:08 PM »

I'm not sure I'd say monumental effort to be honest a win and a defeat in the next 2 would almost certainly see us still within 2 points of safety going into the last game.
Quite a big effort then? Considering Palace was only our 3rd win this year?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #989 on: July 14, 2020, 12:36:03 PM »

Quite a big effort then? Considering Palace was only our 3rd win this year?

quite big I can accept, monumental was the term I disagreed with.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal