collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 150347 times)

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #585 on: June 30, 2020, 09:57:57 AM »
Interesting that Brighton have only lost one of their last seven games, but haven't really gone anywhere, they are still only a couple of points above the relegation zone and their form may dip again.  I doubt it, but they could become involved again.

Brighton are 6 points clear of the bottom 3, with a superior goal difference and a game in hand on some of the teams around them, I think they'll be feeling very confident about getting another 4-5 points from their last 7 games to guarantee safety.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #586 on: June 30, 2020, 10:00:45 AM »
Interesting that Brighton have only lost one of their last seven games, but haven't really gone anywhere, they are still only a couple of points above the relegation zone and their form may dip again.  I doubt it, but they could become involved again.

Brighton are 6 points clear of the bottom 3, with a superior goal difference and a game in hand on some of the teams around them, I think they'll be feeling very confident about getting another 4-5 points from their last 7 games to guarantee safety.
They might have enough allready

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #587 on: June 30, 2020, 10:40:51 AM »
I think 5 points will be enough - all the teams in the mire are dreadful. It's those that get the rub of the green and can keep a clean sheet will be the survivors. Oh, and actually have some bottle.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #588 on: June 30, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »
We could be out of touch by the time we play our next easy game.

Alternatively we might not be

That's not how it works, please remain negative.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #589 on: June 30, 2020, 10:55:56 AM »
We could be out of touch by the time we play our next easy game.

Alternatively we might not be

That's not how it works, please remain negative.

Sorry momentary blip 😂

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #590 on: June 30, 2020, 11:51:44 AM »
I think 5 points will be enough - all the teams in the mire are dreadful. It's those that get the rub of the green and can keep a clean sheet will be the survivors. Oh, and actually have some bottle.

I make us having a grand total of none of the three factors that you highlight there

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #591 on: June 30, 2020, 12:55:14 PM »

I make us having a grand total of none of the three factors that you highlight there

Rub of the green - Sheff U
Clean sheet - again, Sheff U
Bottle - I've seen nothing to suggest a lack of it, unless the definition of 'bottle' is tear-arsing around the pitch hacking down anything in an opposition shirt.

My apologies for the positivity.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #592 on: June 30, 2020, 01:09:24 PM »
Rub of the green - Sheff U
Clean sheet - again, Sheff U
Bottle - I've seen nothing to suggest a lack of it, unless the definition of 'bottle' is tear-arsing around the pitch hacking down anything in an opposition shirt.
I think bottle really means energy, urgency, fighting to the last and to use your word positivity.  There isn't much positivity on here, for obvious reasons, but there's more than there is on the pitch.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #593 on: June 30, 2020, 01:26:16 PM »
Ok, I'll admit we had a lucky break against Sheff U, and we also kept a clean sheet, however I'm sure you'll agree, there have been a hell of a lot of other games where we have had the shit decisions go against us, and clean sheets have been like hen's teeth. 

I'm all for positivity, but I'm also all for realism and not ignoring the fact that we are where we are because we haven't shown that we have what it takes to survive. 

No one will be more happy than me if we buck these trends, I'm just not as confident as you are that we will.  I hope I'm wrong.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #594 on: June 30, 2020, 01:34:58 PM »
I'm not overly confident that we will stay up, but I am looking at it and thinking that we're not down yet. Of the bottom 5, we're the form side, we've shortened the gap from when the restart began, and if Newcastle knuckle down tomorrow there's a chance we could move up a place before we next play. With the way it's going at the bottom, we could stay up with about 33 points!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #595 on: June 30, 2020, 05:47:33 PM »
Form side, I like it!
Moyesy and Howe were full of fighting talk in their pressers today. They both think their teams can win all their remaining games !
Conversely, I'm half-expecting Dean to give a clenched fist to the director's box à la McLeish if we manage a draw against Crystal Palace.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #596 on: June 30, 2020, 06:05:10 PM »
I'll admit that who's 'the form side' is a pretty low bar. As for Moyes and Howe, ooooooooh, scary, I won't be filling me keks just yet.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #597 on: June 30, 2020, 07:35:18 PM »
I'll admit that who's 'the form side' is a pretty low bar. As for Moyes and Howe, ooooooooh, scary, I won't be filling me keks just yet.
Whatever disparaging things we may say about Bournemouth and West Ham and their managers I can guarantee they're saying exactly the same things about us.  I doubt West Ham are shitting themselves about being at home to us on the final day.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #598 on: June 30, 2020, 07:39:54 PM »
Whatever disparaging things we may say about Bournemouth and West Ham and their managers I can guarantee they're saying exactly the same things about us.  I doubt West Ham are shitting themselves about being at home to us on the final day.

If it’s still winner takes by that game they will be shitting themselves about playing us

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #599 on: June 30, 2020, 07:41:09 PM »
I shit myself when we are playing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal