collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 150589 times)

Offline Demitri_C

Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #315 on: March 09, 2020, 09:38:11 AM »
They should ahve done this when it was first reported it is a little bit late as the spreads got pretty bad

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #316 on: March 09, 2020, 09:41:38 AM »
France have also banned meetings of more than a thousand people, so effectively meaning games will have to be played behind closed doors. Olympiacos' game against Wolves is being played in an empty stadium, too. Although, if you give them a few years, Wolves will still be claiming that they took 70,000 fans there.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #317 on: March 09, 2020, 10:28:47 AM »
France have also banned meetings of more than a thousand people, so effectively meaning games will have to be played behind closed doors. Olympiacos' game against Wolves is being played in an empty stadium, too. Although, if you give them a few years, Wolves will still be claiming that they took 70,000 fans there.

It's a shame they can't just close two stands, they'd feel right at home then.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #318 on: March 09, 2020, 10:41:58 AM »
They could close two and have one fifty yards from the pitch. Would mean there was less chance of players catching it from the fans, too.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #319 on: March 09, 2020, 11:04:51 AM »
They could close two and have one fifty yards from the pitch. Would mean there was less chance of players catching it from the fans, too.

They could restrict the crowd to about 3500 as well, and force the other fans to follow the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd.

Like they did in the eighties.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #320 on: March 09, 2020, 03:14:18 PM »
The form guide over the past number of games has to give us hope, particularly if we can tighten the defence, the Man City defeat has quite an effect on the goal difference).

Matches   Position
4              17th (lower than Southampton, West Ham and Brighton and above Norwich on goal difference)
6              20th (lower than Watford, Norwich, Bournemouth and Brighton on goal difference)
8              18th (lower than Norwich and Bournemouth on goal difference)
10            16th (lower than Newcastle on goal diffference)

Offline Damo70

« Reply #321 on: March 09, 2020, 05:56:22 PM »
The form guide over the past number of games has to give us hope, particularly if we can tighten the defence, the Man City defeat has quite an effect on the goal difference).

Matches   Position
4              17th (lower than Southampton, West Ham and Brighton and above Norwich on goal difference)
6              20th (lower than Watford, Norwich, Bournemouth and Brighton on goal difference)

I have just seen the front page of the Sun's 'Goals' pull out from Saturday whilst waiting in the Indian takeaway. Apparently some number crunchers have calculated the mathematical chances of the struggling teams to go down.

Southampton 1% chance of going down
Newcastle 5%
West Ham 27%
Watford 30%
Brighton 41%
Villa 54%
Bournemouth 54%
Norwich 88%

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #322 on: March 09, 2020, 05:58:49 PM »

Matches   Position

I have just seen the front page of the Sun's 'Goals' pull out from Saturday whilst waiting in the Indian takeaway. Apparently some number crunchers have calculated the mathematical chances of the struggling teams to go down.

Southampton 1% chance of going down
Newcastle 5%
West Ham 27%
Watford 30%
Brighton 41%
Villa 54%
Bournemouth 54%
Norwich 88%
That looks about right.

Offline levico

« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2020, 08:47:19 PM »
Just watching us playing Leicester. Forget all the stats and probabilities etc, we’re going down. Neither the players nor the manager has any clue how to fight this. Pathetic.

Online wince

« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2020, 08:52:51 PM »
Fuck smith out of the club. Nice bloke but no clear plan whatsoever. Even Bruce would have gotten us stable. Yet another shit appointment and to those who will jump on me about promotion and a cup final, neither went to plan did they? Fuck him off and get inevitable rebuild underway. This is embarrassing now and we deserve to drop

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #325 on: March 09, 2020, 08:56:46 PM »
Feels like we gift the opposition at least 1 goal every game now. It's one thing to be outplayed, it's another to keep making pathetic individual mistakes that would see players booted out from the Bromsgrove side.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #326 on: March 09, 2020, 09:07:05 PM »
Smith and Terry should have been sacked in December.

You have to be ruthless in football, no room for sentiment. The players were clearly demoralised by the shite points total despite being in most games in the first quarter of the season.

Since then morale and form have fallen apart.

Joke.

Offline villabear

« Reply #327 on: March 09, 2020, 09:17:24 PM »
Talking to mates just after Christmas and put the idea of sacking Smith as we were going down in my opinion. I said with all the money at stake give (please forgive me) Sam Allardyce the job on a short term contract till the end of the season to try and keep us up.

I’ve no idea if he’d be any better with these players but I’m no more positive about our plight now than a few weeks ago.

ps. Feel a bit dirty even mentioning it but...

Offline Villan82

« Reply #328 on: March 09, 2020, 09:19:08 PM »
Most clubs in our position would have gone for Big Sam.

Everton haven't been relegated for that reason. How many others?

Why do villa think it's not worth doing fucking everything you can to try stay up?

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #329 on: March 09, 2020, 09:25:13 PM »
It's Norwich, us, and one other.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal