collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 150476 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #300 on: March 07, 2020, 06:49:41 PM »
A pretty good day today results wise. At least our fate is in our own hands......
It has always been in our own hands.

I know have an unpleasant ear worm of the Nottingham Forest team singing 'We Got The Whole World In Our Hands'.

"And Peter the keeper with nothing to do...."

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #301 on: March 07, 2020, 06:57:09 PM »
We just need to pull of an ‘unexpected ‘ win against one of the top teams. Leicester would do for a start.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #302 on: March 07, 2020, 07:00:34 PM »
2 games in hand if we win those we really do have a excellent chance.

A point would be a great result for us.  We have to show fight heart and passion now like we did against citeh.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #303 on: March 07, 2020, 09:47:12 PM »
Any idea as to when our games with t'Blades and Barcodes will be rescheduled? Don't think our record is good in weekend to midweek turn-around games this season.

The good thing is SJM will play in the rearranged games. He's been sorely missed since that injury.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #304 on: March 07, 2020, 10:12:18 PM »
Much  better day today. 2 points from safety with 2 games in hand.

Right now, would be delighted with a point on Monday and would then target a point against Chelsea. A point at Newcastle wouldn't be bad if we then go all out to beat Palace and Sheff Utd at home. Can see us raising our game against Wolves also...

I personally would take a situation where both ourselves and West Ham can stay up with a draw on the final day!

We can do this if we become a little bit harder to beat.

Quite a few posters on various threads keep mentioning Sheff Utd game one to target for a win. I think this is based on nothing other than there called Sheff Utd. Form wise, I think it’ll be one of our toughest games, there good at home and better away. I actually fancy us against Chelsea, Man Utd and arsenal more than Sheff Utd.

Given that Southampton have now lost 5 out of the last 6, our result/performance a couple of weeks ago looks even worse now. But we played ok last week and showed heart which will be really important for coming weeks. I just really hope we turn up on Monday. Without stupidly gun ho, we need to take some risks now, we need wins and the quicker the better.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #305 on: March 07, 2020, 10:14:06 PM »
Any idea as to when our games with t'Blades and Barcodes will be rescheduled? Don't think our record is good in weekend to midweek turn-around games this season.

Let's be honest our record hasn't been good full stop this season.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #306 on: March 08, 2020, 12:54:43 AM »
It's  been the teams that scrap and battle and relatively defensively solid teams that have escaped the relegation dogfight,Palace,Burnley and Newcastle-first goal in 7 hrs, are midtable but rarely produce scintillating performances.An indictement of the quality of this league.

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #307 on: March 08, 2020, 01:10:58 AM »
The bottom of this league. The top is a world away, although we best Leicester and should have taken Man City to extra time.

Offline ez

« Reply #308 on: March 08, 2020, 08:46:32 AM »
Good results for us yesterday. Taking advantage of them is the difficult thing. To be honest I'd rather be in west hams place than ours.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #309 on: March 08, 2020, 10:38:52 AM »
Let's hope Liverpool continue to be flat when we play them, Wolves are knackered from their European adventures and Man United have all their eggs in one basket in terms of the FA Cup. I will take any old straw to grab at.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #310 on: March 08, 2020, 02:45:55 PM »
I think 37 points would keep us up. Average a point a game from now to the end of the season.

That's why I think draws in our next two would be good results providing we get something at Newcastle and target 3 wins from: Palace at home, Sheff Utd at home, Wolves at home, Man U at home and Arsenal at home.

Would take the pressure off the West Ha, game.

Such a shame we lost our last 3 games. If we had a point or two more on the board, 2 more wins with a pile of draws might just be enough.

Offline Richie

« Reply #311 on: March 08, 2020, 05:35:59 PM »
Looking at the run ins of the other teams compared to ours, I’m seriously fearing the worst. They look to have winnable games whereas you’d have to say we are odds against in all remaining 11 matches. Brighton look to have a shocking run in but the extra 4 points they currently have on us looks crucial. We desperately need to pick up points against Leicester and Chelsea to give ourselves a fighting chance.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #312 on: March 09, 2020, 07:59:38 AM »
Dont want to be negative but trying to stay up with a empty stadium at villa park doesnt inspire me with much confidence.

We know what a key role the fans play at villa park

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #313 on: March 09, 2020, 09:31:10 AM »
But on the other hand, we might have a better chance at an empty West Ham ground if the last game of the season proves vital.

Would be pretty rubbish if games get played behind closed doors starting this weekend, admittedly, as we would be the most disadvantaged team in the entire league. Only Man City have played as few home games as us, and they host Arsenal on Wednesday.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #314 on: March 09, 2020, 09:37:12 AM »
Might also help us pick up points away though which we’ll need. I’m watching Juve v Inter and it’s weird to hear the players shout for each other (although I don’t know any Italian).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal