collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 148915 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2020, 10:38:50 AM »
This season may not be completed if Covid-19 develops as it appears to be. The Swiss football season has already been suspended.....
Which should mean no promotions or relegations this season.😂😂😂
The report I saw said if they decide to cancel the three in the bottom three at the time will down.  Just our luck that we've hovered above it for weeks but are now in it!!
They have 2 choices , cancel the season or complete the season.
If they arbitrarily relegated teams without completing the season they would be subject to massive law suits.

That would be arbitrary.

The criteria should be:-

First, any teams with a German manager/head coach.

If that does not fill all of the relegation places, next any team holding the registration of a player named Troy Deeney.
Suggestion is now games to be played behind close doors.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2020, 01:25:29 PM »
This season may not be completed if Covid-19 develops as it appears to be. The Swiss football season has already been suspended.....
Which should mean no promotions or relegations this season.😂😂😂
The report I saw said if they decide to cancel the three in the bottom three at the time will down.  Just our luck that we've hovered above it for weeks but are now in it!!
They have 2 choices , cancel the season or complete the season.
If they arbitrarily relegated teams without completing the season they would be subject to massive law suits.

Given that we're looking at probably 12 months before there's a widely available vaccine, calling a cut-off of this season now would be a bit daft when chances are you still couldn't start a new one in August anyway. It'd be weird, and the world would become a very peculiar place to the likes of us lot, but the way to go would be a 12 month suspension with everything left as it stands now, then pick up again at the same point next year.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2020, 04:23:35 PM »

The criteria should be:-

First, any teams with a German manager/head coach.

If that does not fill all of the relegation places, next any team holding the registration of a player named Troy Deeney.
That is an excellent, fair and just criteria. No one will argue against that. If you change your name to Dickdistard Distard E you will be eminently qualified to be the next General Secretary of the United Nations.

Offline ian c.

• GM : 19.06.2024
« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2020, 07:55:02 PM »
... the way to go would be a 12 month suspension with everything left as it stands now, then pick up again at the same point next year.

How would the clubs cover their running costs during that period?  I fear that there wouldn't be too many left after a 12 month suspension.  Even playing behind closed doors will put massive strain on lower league clubs who depend on gate receipts to pay wages.

Offline Taylor

« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2020, 09:07:19 PM »
Why not give the decision on relegation to a trusted, valued member of the British establishment. Let's say, ooh I don't know, Prince William.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2020, 08:09:44 AM »
Looking at the fixtures liverpool need four wins to  win the title. The 4th game is city away unlikey they will wrap it on that game. So that means the title wankfest will likely be against us.

Thats going to be unbearable 😡

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2020, 08:55:58 AM »
Looking at the fixtures liverpool need four wins to  win the title. The 4th game is city away unlikey they will wrap it on that game. So that means the title wankfest will likely be against us.

Of FFS! That’s typical.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2020, 09:00:41 AM »

Of FFS! That’s typical.
Yep, just like Manure that year when Van Persie scored all those offside goals!!
As long as 'The Mighty Reds YNWA''s collapse doesn't continue against Bournemouth!!!

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2020, 10:06:32 AM »

Of FFS! That’s typical.

I know. Even if they win all four the firat home game as champions will be against us. Hopefully they drop more points before then so they can win the titke by tine we play them.

But i definitely wont be watching if there is any remote chance of them being champs. Cant stomach the sky wankfest

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2020, 10:23:50 AM »
... the way to go would be a 12 month suspension with everything left as it stands now, then pick up again at the same point next year.

How would the clubs cover their running costs during that period?  I fear that there wouldn't be too many left after a 12 month suspension.  Even playing behind closed doors will put massive strain on lower league clubs who depend on gate receipts to pay wages.

There's no answer that allows everyone to simply carry on as usual. This either gets taken seriously and whatever is decided as the best course of action for the country is applicable to everyone and everything, or it isn't. Like you, ian, I can't see a middle ground.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2020, 12:30:16 PM »

There's no answer that allows everyone to simply carry on as usual. This either gets taken seriously and whatever is decided as the best course of action for the country is applicable to everyone and everything, or it isn't. Like you, ian, I can't see a middle ground.

The question is - what would all those fans do if not at the match? - the answer would probably be in a more infectious environment.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2020, 01:47:57 PM »
More infection than being rammed into a stadium with 42,000 other people?  What on earth have you hot in mind that could be more infectious than that, visiting hospital wards full of virus sufferers?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2020, 01:56:55 PM »
More infection than being rammed into a stadium with 42,000 other people?  What on earth have you hot in mind that could be more infectious than that, visiting hospital wards full of virus sufferers?

Selling live bats in Wuhan market? *

* yes yes yes, I know, it didn't really start that way.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #283 on: March 04, 2020, 04:24:16 PM »

Numerous pockets of supporters crammed into public houses, watching the matches on television, and pushing past one another to reach the bar/toilets/outside for a fag.

Offline russon

« Reply #284 on: March 04, 2020, 06:34:56 PM »

Indeed, a prospect to fair curdle the blood and well and truly put a tin hat on our season. At least the away support’s vomathon will make it in the Guinness Book of Records, small consolation but I’m desperate to leave this season with a positive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal