collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 148994 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #210 on: February 29, 2020, 09:32:52 PM »
I think the mentality of the management team and players is a little more important than those on an internet site.

Exactly.  Whatever gets said on here isn't quite the same as El Ghazi deciding he's had enough after a slight graze to the cheek in a must win game.  That's where we need people rolling their sleeves up, on the field.  If the team wasn't so utterly feeble we'd probably have more confidence that they're capable of getting out of the shit.

How you doing Steve, Newcastle treating you well?

Just to be clear, we really need to get over the idea that we'd be fine if we just tried a bit harder. It's the 2nd myth that Villa fans turn to in a bad run (after accusing the team of not being fit enough). Neither of those things are the problem. Our issue is about personal responsibility and self-confidence, not lack of effort or fitness (aside from 1-2 players).

Aside from one to two players...so only the ten to twenty percent of a match day team then.  We're not good enough in most matches with everybody firing on all cylinders, so god knows how you expect us to do with two of them not pulling their weight.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #211 on: February 29, 2020, 09:35:15 PM »

Control it and play nice football? What an absolute fucking scandal!

Nice winning football would be great.  Rubbish winning football would do for the next ten games.  Nice, losing football would at least show that improvements could be made.  For most of the last few months, it's been rubbish, losing football.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #212 on: February 29, 2020, 09:42:40 PM »
I think the mentality of the management team and players is a little more important than those on an internet site.

Exactly.  Whatever gets said on here isn't quite the same as El Ghazi deciding he's had enough after a slight graze to the cheek in a must win game.  That's where we need people rolling their sleeves up, on the field.  If the team wasn't so utterly feeble we'd probably have more confidence that they're capable of getting out of the shit.

How you doing Steve, Newcastle treating you well?

Just to be clear, we really need to get over the idea that we'd be fine if we just tried a bit harder. It's the 2nd myth that Villa fans turn to in a bad run (after accusing the team of not being fit enough). Neither of those things are the problem. Our issue is about personal responsibility and self-confidence, not lack of effort or fitness (aside from 1-2 players).

Aside from one to two players...so only the ten to twenty percent of a match day team then.  We're not good enough in most matches with everybody firing on all cylinders, so god knows how you expect us to do with two of them not pulling their weight.

I meant drinkwater and davis

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #213 on: February 29, 2020, 09:48:00 PM »
Brighton and Newcastle failing to win gives some hope. Saw a bit of West Ham earlier, as nervous as they were at least they showed a bit of fight and physicality. It was enough to beat Southampton.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #214 on: February 29, 2020, 10:03:02 PM »
If nothing else, the fact that sheff utd has been postponed give mcginn the chance to play in it...

Offline supertom

« Reply #215 on: February 29, 2020, 10:13:05 PM »
Fuck sake Liverpool. As nailed on a banker as you could want. You'd have put your ruddy house on them winning comfortably...
West Ham and Watford deciding to win the weekend we're off to Wembley. Bloody football. Still...if Watford can beat Liverpool (and even Sloth can score a goal against a side that isn't us), it gives us hope for tomorrow.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #216 on: February 29, 2020, 10:25:11 PM »
Nowt is changing for a week now.

See you then. Meanwhile I'm off to bed, need it to prepare for tomorrow.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2020, 12:45:19 AM »
We are 3 points from safety with a game in hand. We have 33 points to play for. Thats still a long, long way to go with plenty of twists and turns left. It really is still all about what we do.

Norwich, Bournemouth and Newcastle to get relegated (remember where you heard it first).

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #218 on: March 01, 2020, 02:05:37 AM »

Nice winning football would be great.  Rubbish winning football would do for the next ten games.  Nice, losing football would at least show that improvements could be made.  For most of the last few months, it's been rubbish, losing football.

Sad but very true. Maybe it was the start of the season that Dean thought he was onto something? He wasn't. It's been shite!

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #219 on: March 01, 2020, 08:07:11 AM »
I like how people think 20th place Norwich can definitely survive because they won on Friday but we’re doomed despite having a game in hand and four more points.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #220 on: March 01, 2020, 08:49:40 AM »
I like how people think 20th place Norwich can definitely survive because they won on Friday but we’re doomed despite having a game in hand and four more points.
Norwich have been playing well, West Ham put in a great performance yesterday and Watford beat Liverpool.
Look at our form.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #221 on: March 01, 2020, 08:51:36 AM »

I think thats down to the fight these trams are showing recently compared to us.

We showed a lot of heart and passion earlier in in the season and now it seems to have gone.

If we get that back we have a chance for sure

Offline Villan82

« Reply #222 on: March 01, 2020, 10:52:27 AM »

Seeing as I am getting stick for my comment we would have an extra point if Engels' instinct was to just boot the fucking ball into row z with about 15 seconds on the clock.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #223 on: March 01, 2020, 10:59:02 AM »
That’s true but we could single out every clanger this season, there have been plenty, if only X had/not done Y we’d have Z more points. Either way it’s done and we can only contribute by supporting and not getting on their backs before and during games. Interesting comments in the write up about the Watford fans doing exactly that yesterday, *supporting* and not getting at players mistakes.
I’m glad the racist we got kicked out after the Newcastle game has gone, the sort of toxic ‘support’ a club just doesn’t need, constantly getting at our own players. Of course people pay their money and there is free speech, but I’ll never get how easily some fans turn on their players when it could make things worse.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2020, 11:15:37 AM »
I’m hoping there’s one thing we’re all going to agree on, our level is going to have to go up quite a bit and we’re going to have to be much more resilient. Hopefully it can happen, but if we continue at our current level we’ll get relegated.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal