collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 148897 times)

Online frank black

Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #165 on: February 29, 2020, 07:13:16 PM »
Well if it takes something to focus the players minds on the league after tomorrow, being overtaken should do it. It’s a weird feeling for me tonight, I have zero pre match nerves for tomorrow’s game and almost zero expectations.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #166 on: February 29, 2020, 07:13:21 PM »
Meanwhile Watford are beating Pool 2-0. Can’t see any clubs worse than us.

We would bottle this and lose 2-3

All this game has shown is we're incredibly slow on the counter attack. This Sarr bloke has ripped Liverpool apart.

You need pace in the final third to beat the better teams. We had it in the MON days and our results v other top 6 were pretty good on the whole.

And to keep believing in what you're doing when 1 up.

Had Sarr played against us at Villa Park they'd have done us too. We dodged a huge bullet he was missing.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #167 on: February 29, 2020, 07:14:46 PM »
Watford doing all this despite losing one of their best players to injury in first half.

In any case think we'll have to accept likes of West Ham and Watford are likely to go into the distance now (perhaps not for West Ham with some of their fixtures).

Brighton and Bournemouth are still in this big time. Think Bournemouth not beating Chelsea will actually deflate them a fair bit. Brighton have Wolves, Arsenal, Leicester and Man. United as their next four and their goals have dried up. They also face Man. City and Liverpool (o.k maybe not so tough now) at home late in the season.

Need to try and reel in one of those teams and also Newcastle.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #168 on: February 29, 2020, 07:17:49 PM »
Think Bournemouth not beating Chelsea will actually deflate them a fair bit.

Well it's more than we'd manage. Oh what I would fucking give for a point from a strong position against Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs to name just three games we got zero from.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #169 on: February 29, 2020, 07:19:01 PM »
What a monumentally shit Saturday results-wise.

This. I sit here at a very sweaty 22.03 in a far off land initially not believing that score could be.

My only hope that being one off the bottom shakes some players and the club to the core, that they perform as they can tomorrow and somehow carry that form through. If we don’t stand up to be counted now...

I just shared my dismay with Brian my brother in laws ‘house boy’. He told me it’s 3-0. Oh dear.
And my data is run out so they’ll be 4-0 by the time I post this.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #170 on: February 29, 2020, 07:19:40 PM »
Reel them in by winning our game in hand and going above most of the aforementioned and being level with Brighton.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #171 on: February 29, 2020, 07:20:19 PM »

Well it's more than we'd manage. Oh what I would fucking give for a point from a strong position against Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs to name just three games we got zero from.

Chelsea are very beatable currently. We need to show some bottle v them in two weeks and I reckon we'll get at least a draw. I said that pre Spurs so hopefully no Captain errors from one of the CBs would help aswell.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #172 on: February 29, 2020, 07:20:33 PM »
West ham and watford showing fight and passion. Take a note villa boys you need ti start doing the same if you want to stay up

But concentrate on tomorrow for now use this as motivation tomorrow.nothing is impossible

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #173 on: February 29, 2020, 07:21:15 PM »
Unbelievable weekend.  Bottom three all winning, despite two of them playing 1st and 3rd.

Well, we know what we have to do, we need some big results in matches we're not expected to do well in. Do that, or we go down.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #174 on: February 29, 2020, 07:24:01 PM »

Chelsea are very beatable currently. We need to show some bottle v them in two weeks and I reckon we'll get at least a draw. I said that pre Spurs so hopefully no Captain errors from one of the CBs would help aswell.

I believe the error Engels made is a symptom of everything wrong this season. The first instinct should have been to stick his boot through that ball and boot it into the stand. They aren't being drilled to think like that. They are being drilled, it appears, to control it and play nice football.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #175 on: February 29, 2020, 07:24:08 PM »
It's no good keep hoping other teams are going to be reeled in. A week or two back, people on here were making out Palace were in free fall. Then it's Newcastle, but they will grind out draws or the odd win because they are better organised in defence.

We have failed to win enough of the 'must win' games like those in December and more recently Brighton, Bournemouth and Southampton. Worse still though is the abject failure against the teams in the top half.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #176 on: February 29, 2020, 07:29:17 PM »
Also Brighton have won just once since the start of December and we still haven't reeled them in.

Smith needs to get the team playing a whole lot better and quickly, starting tomorrow. I am not hopeful.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #177 on: February 29, 2020, 07:30:17 PM »
We need to win 4/5 games.

We've won 7 games all season and 4 since the end of October. We've put in two convincing displays since August, Everton and Norwich away.

It isn't happening.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #178 on: February 29, 2020, 07:30:39 PM »
Lack of effort and not being up for the scrap has got Villa into this position. I said before that the League Cup would prove to be a distraction. Simply have to win the game in hand now. At least SJM should be back for the run-in....

Offline levico

« Reply #179 on: February 29, 2020, 07:30:43 PM »
I’m afraid that the do nothing option won’t keep us up but looks exactly what’s going to to happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal