collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 150455 times)

Online john2710

Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020, 04:07:11 PM »
We're going to have to beat the teams above us, pick up points away from home & keep a few clean sheets if we want to stay up. Something we've struggled to do so far.

I think we'll be one of rhe bottom three.

It's going to be
Norwich
Brighton
Us / Bournemouth / Watford

Offline ez

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2020, 04:11:33 PM »
Gone for

Brighton
Villa
Norwich.
Just don't see enough fight or any effective tactics from us.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 04:59:54 PM »
Villa
Bournemouth
Norwich

You don't stay up conceding 2 goals a game.

Agreed, but seeing as nobody has conceded two goals a game on average, how is that affecting your decision?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2020, 05:15:47 PM »
Villa
Bournemouth
Norwich

Agreed, but seeing as nobody has conceded two goals a game on average, how is that affecting your decision?

Indeed. We didn't concede two goals a game v Norwich, Burnley, Brighton or Watford which have been in the last six games.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2020, 05:35:27 PM »
We're going to have to beat the teams above us, pick up points away from home & keep a few clean sheets if we want to stay up. Something we've struggled to do so far.

I think we'll be one of rhe bottom three.

It's going to be
Norwich
Brighton
Us / Bournemouth / Watford

I agree - the inability to keep clean sheets or eke out draws is hurting us..overall ,poor recruitment  and,- ultimately abject defending may well be our downfall - just who is defensive coach?

Online rougegorge

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2020, 05:48:33 PM »
Villa
Bournemouth
Norwich

Indeed. We didn't concede two goals a game v Norwich, Burnley, Brighton or Watford which have been in the last six games.
Equally it's 14 conceded in the last 6 league games (Norwich was 7 games), so stats can be used to support a number of arguments.

We do share the worse defensive record along with Norwich and that needs to improve very quickly to have any chance.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2020, 06:41:54 PM »
Villa
Bournemouth
Norwich

Equally it's 14 conceded in the last 6 league games (Norwich was 7 games), so stats can be used to support a number of arguments.

We do share the worse defensive record along with Norwich and that needs to improve very quickly to have any chance.

That includes one game that is a bit of an anomaly though. Other than that Man City game, yesterday was the first time we have conceded two in a game since we went to three at the back. It still needs work, but we have definitely been improved defensively since then.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2020, 11:21:34 PM »
We've just played the bottom 4 haven't we and still managed to not keep a clean sheet. It's what's going to kill us this season. Drinkwater as the midfield reinforcement was not the sticky plaster we needed to make us solid and we concede constantly at set pieces and crosses.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2020, 11:25:38 PM »
*We kept a clean sheet at home to Norwich.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2020, 11:29:32 PM »
Norwich
Bournemouth
Brighton

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2020, 11:40:44 PM »
West Ham will go unless they sign Tevez on an emergency loan....

Their away schedule is very tough, think they'll lose 4 of the six and they'll draw too many of their winnable home games due to having a manager like Moyes (I'd back them to stop up if they had Big Sam but they've already been down that avenue previously).

Did a prediction this afternoon and had them on 37 points and that includes beating us on the final day. We got to 39. Can't actually remember who the other relegated team was.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2020, 11:58:50 PM »
Can still see Newcastle being dragged into it , their luck has to run out soon averaging 30% possession every game

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2020, 12:58:25 AM »
I've gone for Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth. I think (with no real confidence) we'll be safe come the final day for some reason. Prayer mats at the ready just in case.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2020, 01:10:16 AM »
I only picked two.

Norwich were never good enough from day one in my opinion.

Pre season I thought this was one Premier League season too far for Bournemouth.

Watford's new manager bounce seems to have worn off so they might go down.

The toxic atmosphere at West Ham will be a problem for them

I tipped Newcastle to go down before the season started but they have surprised me by grinding out some
decent results.

Brighton also seem good enough to grind out enough points to get over the line.

So long as we don't bottle it and play as we have been I think we will just about have enought to get over the line.

Definitely Norwich and Bournemouth for me and Watford or West Ham for the other relegation place.

I can't see any of Burnley, Palace, Arsenal, Southampton or Everton going down but if I had to pick one of them it would be Palace.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2020, 06:42:55 AM »
I think relegated teams will have a max of 36 points. We'll scrape by with a minimum of 37 or a maximum of 39. Imo Norwich, Watford and West Ham could well make up the bottom 3 with Bournemouth the most likely to slip into one of those places as they have an awful run-in playing all of the current top 8 and nobody in the bottom 6. Wishful thinking maybe but it's going to be tight.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal