collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:09:39 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:06:40 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:04:11 PM]

Bristol Villa fans by The Edge
[Today at 06:55:20 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 06:50:36 PM]

Champions League Contention by olaftab
[Today at 06:36:06 PM]

VAR by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:35:46 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 06:20:06 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 25801 times)

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
Re: Bournemouth v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2020, 12:32:46 PM »
It's all just excuses really.  We played too poorly for too long and didn't deserve to get anything out of it.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2020, 12:41:35 PM »
The blame lies firmly with Marvellous and Luiz.   Useless footballers stealing a living.  I think they are probably mid table old division 4 standard.  You can’t win games starting with 9 men.

A bit OTT but I think Nakamba is an extremely limited player. A mediocre signing in my view

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2020, 12:43:32 PM »
Looking at the brief highlights, Jack was so unlucky twice in the first half when we were on top. Soon after we were two down. Small margins.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2020, 12:46:31 PM »
The blame lies firmly with Marvellous and Luiz.   Useless footballers stealing a living.  I think they are probably mid table old division 4 standard.  You can’t win games starting with 9 men.

I know its all about opinions but that is just utter drivel from start to finish. You have to laugh sometimes.

Offline killeenm

« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2020, 02:00:32 PM »
I think the biggest problem at the moment is that Hause is simply not good enough for this level.  His passing is consistently poor - either picking out a player on the other team or chipping it straight out of play.  He's far too slow on the ball and invites pressure onto himself, and when he does lose the ball it often leads to a chance for the other team as he loses it from situations where we should have comfortable possession.  The problem is that playing 3 at the back we don't really have much of an alternative, possibly put Mings one over and Engels in the middle, or a straight swap of Taylor for Hause.  None of these are particularly convincing but keeping it the way it is is asking for trouble.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2020, 02:05:04 PM »
I think the biggest problem at the moment is that Hause is simply not good enough for this level.  His passing is consistently poor - either picking out a player on the other team or chipping it straight out of play.  He's far too slow on the ball and invites pressure onto himself, and when he does lose the ball it often leads to a chance for the other team as he loses it from situations where we should have comfortable possession.  The problem is that playing 3 at the back we don't really have much of an alternative, possibly put Mings one over and Engels in the middle, or a straight swap of Taylor for Hause.  None of these are particularly convincing but keeping it the way it is is asking for trouble.
Let’s see how long it will take Smith to work this one out.

Online TonyD

« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2020, 02:07:38 PM »

I know its all about opinions but that is just utter drivel from start to finish. You have to laugh sometimes.
On relection that is a bit harsh.  They have played okay in about 1 in every 6 games.   

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2020, 02:14:52 PM »
I don’t think they are bad players,they are being asked to play a role that neither are suited to.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2020, 02:16:25 PM »

Playing three at the back necessitates defenders being better on the ball, as they're going to have possession.  Hause is limited in that respect, but I was annoyed by the lack of options in front of him when he's on the ball.  Teams are going to work this out, and if our 'out' ball is limited to coming from him, most teams would be happy with that.  If was playing against us I'd be happy giving him time on the ball and marking the options rather than pressuring him.

Online TonyD

« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2020, 02:18:28 PM »
I don’t think they are bad players,they are being asked to play a role that neither are suited to.

As in asked to be tackling defensive midfielders?

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2020, 02:19:11 PM »

A bit OTT but I think Nakamba is an extremely limited player. A mediocre signing in my view

Very OTT. Probably a poster who would have called the likes of Traore, Gana and Veretout completely useless, when all 3 have gone one to have successful top flight careers, two in the premier League.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2020, 03:15:16 PM »

As in asked to be tackling defensive midfielders?
Nakamba frustrates me as he can be making some appalling mistakes or occasionally play out of his skin as he did against Leicester.

He was surely brought in as a defensive midfielder so I am not sure what role he was used to playing in the Belgian league.

Online Skerra

« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2020, 05:25:35 PM »
In the Sunday Mercury, Dean was partially blaming the ball boys, in part, for our defeat, as he says they went missing after 55 minutes. Scraping the barrel a bit there?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2020, 06:34:01 PM »

The Hause problem has been developing for a few weeks. Good defender in the air but hasnt the technical ability to play in a three at this level. Really beggars belief how he wasn't the one taken off when Davis came on yesterday.

I do think Engels as sweeper in the centre and Mings to the left could work and is worth trying. Would help Mings out as his weakness turning onto the right side is starting to be exposed too.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2020, 06:39:41 PM »

The Hause problem has been developing for a few weeks. Good defender in the air but hasnt the technical ability to play in a three at this level. Really beggars belief how he wasn't the one taken off when Davis came on yesterday.

I do think Engels as sweeper in the centre and Mings to the left could work and is worth trying. Would help Mings out as his weakness turning onto the right side is starting to be exposed too.
I bet he keeps starting though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal