collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by devilla
[Today at 12:43:32 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:42:22 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by devilla
[Today at 12:43:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:42:22 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:40:33 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 12:38:12 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:36:41 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:19:57 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread  (Read 156887 times)

Offline Three Spires Villa

Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread
« Reply #1170 on: February 29, 2020, 08:01:16 PM »
Staying up was the aim this season.

This has become a bloody distraction.

We're in a cup final! I'm amazed people can't be happy about it.

How about being tonked 6-1 by them, they just beat Madrid on their own patch and have £50m players on the bench. Football since our 96 win has gone so lop sided.

So if somehow we win the cup that means automatic relegation?? No it dosent. Are we likely to win? No. But I tell you something I would rather win the Cup and stay up, if we are not good enough, and it doesn’t, at this moment, look like we are, then if we go down, I hope we go down holding a piece of silverware! Come on Villa!!

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #1171 on: February 29, 2020, 08:01:40 PM »
Jeez hope none of you lot are sitting near us tomorrow - sounds like everyone's already surrendered.

UTV - good luck for tomoz everyone. Bottom 3 winning should inspire us to take the game to City backed by a vocal Villa end. Anything is possible in football. If everything ran to form no one would watch it.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1172 on: February 29, 2020, 08:11:28 PM »
Belief is key tomorrow from the team and the fans.
Come on Villa let's end our 24 year drought!
UTV!!

Offline jwarry

« Reply #1173 on: February 29, 2020, 09:22:22 PM »
God I so hope we win tomorrow just to shut up the fucking moaning minnies and depressives up on this site! I love H&V but boy it can drag you down!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1174 on: February 29, 2020, 09:25:10 PM »
If ever we needed a weekend of results to prove anything is possible
Well we just go one

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1175 on: February 29, 2020, 09:44:45 PM »
God I so hope we win tomorrow just to shut up the fucking moaning minnies and depressives up on this site! I love H&V but boy it can drag you down!

You're being a bit optimistic there, jwarry. My crystal ball looks a lot like "yes, it's good that we won but, let's face it, we were lucky that they missed so many chances and even Blues have won the League fucking Cup. The players will now be exhausted. Smith needs to answer for this fucking all fart and no shit..."

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1176 on: February 29, 2020, 09:45:13 PM »
Need to get tactics spit on tomorrow if we are to have any chance.  Sherwood gig it badly wrong in 2015, whereas I remember a Big Ron getting it spot on in 1994 using Graham Fenton in midfield. 

I would personally go 3-5-2, with Grealish being in a more advanced role with Samatta.  None of the midfield options are exactly grata, but I would try and shore things up a bit with three in there.
Smith needs to make the decision of packing the defence or packing the midfield. Personally I would pack the midfield, why add more defenders who can't defend.

I'm not sure any of our midfielders can defend either

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #1177 on: February 29, 2020, 10:34:25 PM »

You're being a bit optimistic there, jwarry. My crystal ball looks a lot like "yes, it's good that we won but, let's face it, we were lucky that they missed so many chances and even Blues have won the League fucking Cup. The players will now be exhausted. Smith needs to answer for this fucking all fart and no shit..."

Genius and spot on. Only thing missing.....even Norwich beat man city

Offline GXVilla

« Reply #1178 on: February 29, 2020, 11:25:35 PM »
All we can control is making sure we keep up a constant barrage of noise to support our team. Let’s show the new plastic Mancs what proper support is. If it’s our day then we’ll win, but let’s make sure that whatever happens we can walk out of the ground as supporters with our heads held high! Don’t think we’ll beat Wembley 1971, but let’s have a go! Come on you Lions!

Offline nordenvillain

« Reply #1179 on: March 01, 2020, 12:40:44 AM »
All we can control is making sure we keep up a constant barrage of noise to support our team. Let’s show the new plastic Mancs what proper support is. If it’s our day then we’ll win, but let’s make sure that whatever happens we can walk out of the ground as supporters with our heads held high! Don’t think we’ll beat Wembley 1971, but let’s have a go! Come on you Lions!
This and let's get into Wembley for when the players are warning up so as to show the players how much it means to us and that we are 100% behind them. A strong performance tomorrow might lead to a strong run in the games to come - And boy after today's results will we need it.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #1180 on: March 01, 2020, 06:28:56 AM »

Don’t forget ‘papering over the cracks.’

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1181 on: March 01, 2020, 07:00:36 AM »
Every week we follow
The boys in claret and blue...
Come on Villa boys!
Today is all about the cup and forgetting about the pressures of the league. We have to show we want it more than them as a team and as fans. There's no doubt the committed fans will do their bit. With belief and hard work the team can do their job also. Come on the Villa!!
Sweet Caroline,
Good times never felt so good...

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #1182 on: March 01, 2020, 07:07:08 AM »
Putting yesterday aside all we can hope for is a good display.

Good luck to all those travelling down!

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1183 on: March 01, 2020, 07:07:15 AM »
I reckon that, without wanting to state the obvious, we need to keep this one as tight as we can. The first 30 minutes being crucial.

Then we just pick them off with our passing, as everything just clicks into place at the right time.

2-1 us. Hourihane with the winner.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #1184 on: March 01, 2020, 07:11:21 AM »
Agreed Axl. Any early goal or two for them would be disastrous as all belief and hope will escape the fans.

Our support while we are still in the game will be crucial. Play this game 20 times and we will win 1/20 I reckon. After the results the last couple of days let’s hope we can continue the trend of the top sides being upset in games that are ‘walkovers’ for them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal