collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread  (Read 156696 times)

Offline john2710

Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread
« Reply #570 on: February 14, 2020, 11:31:59 PM »
Man City are not & never have been a big club. They've been bankrolled to win things but they are no more a big club than Chelsea are.

With the right owners & good decisions we'll be back at the top table in a few years.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #571 on: February 14, 2020, 11:39:38 PM »
Man City are not & never have been a big club. They've been bankrolled to win things but they are no more a big club than Chelsea are.

With the right owners & good decisions we'll be back at the top table in a few years.

Disagree, with respect

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #572 on: February 15, 2020, 12:10:03 AM »
It's not hard at all. Coventry and ground for example had zero to do with any form of FFP. And the problems were starting before there was any FFP.

Yes, but FFP is supposed to prevent that sort of thing happening or there is no point in FFP.

Have a salary cap and a genuinely level playing field, or have a free for all. No compromise that allows the same team to win everything every year, like in Scotland.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #573 on: February 15, 2020, 12:16:38 AM »
How does FFP stop what was happpening with the Ricoh? Coventry's situation had zero to do with FFP.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:18:10 AM by PeterWithesShin »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #574 on: February 15, 2020, 12:19:22 AM »
Coventry's problem started in the same way as Forest, Leicester, Bradford City, Ipswich et al - spending more than they earned in an attempt to stay in the Premier League.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #575 on: February 15, 2020, 12:30:49 AM »
How does FFP stop what was happpening with the Ricoh? Coventry's situation had zero to do with FFP.

You mentioned Coventry. Mentioning things where FFP made no impact doesn't help your case. What are the FFP success stories? Which clubs would have gone under had it not been for FFP? If there aren't any, it's a waste of time. Bin it.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #576 on: February 15, 2020, 12:33:28 AM »

You mentioned Coventry. Mentioning things where FFP made no impact doesn't help your case. What are the FFP success stories? Which clubs would have gone under had it not been for FFP? If there aren't any, it's a waste of time. Bin it.

Look at how many clubs went into administration before FFP, and how many since. There's your answer.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #577 on: February 15, 2020, 12:35:49 AM »
Good grief. I mentioned Coventry in reply to someone else. FFP can't stop situations like the Ricoh, or incompetent idiots runnings clubs, as we well know. It doesn't solve every possible scenario that can fuck a club over, but it stops a lot of them. FFP obviously works as the number of clubs going into adminstration or out of business before it existed was far higher than have gone since it was introduced.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #578 on: February 15, 2020, 05:56:08 AM »
It's not hard at all. Coventry and ground for example had zero to do with any form of FFP. And the problems were starting before there was any FFP.

Yes, but FFP is supposed to prevent that sort of thing happening or there is no point in FFP.

Have a salary cap and a genuinely level playing field, or have a free for all. No compromise that allows the same team to win everything every year, like in Scotland.

I endorse this opinion. Along with an equitable redistribution of foreign income streams amongst all PL clubs, which I agree will massively impact us when our takeover of Africa is total, but I have to practice what I preach.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #579 on: February 15, 2020, 06:00:58 AM »
The FFP rules outside the top flight are aimed at stopping clubs living outside their means, and has worked OK. The different FFP rules for the top flight/Europe are aimed at keeping the elite closed shop in place.

Online Dave P

« Reply #580 on: February 15, 2020, 06:53:38 AM »
They'll probably want to prove a point in the final by pulverising us.

They would more than likely want to pulverise Real Madrid and go on to win the CL to prove a point. And that game is a few days before the league cup final.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #581 on: February 15, 2020, 11:13:24 AM »
Just posted this on the Other Football thread but re-sharing here because I'm a twat like that. The City thing isn't about FFP: https://twitter.com/david_conn/status/1228626421628784640

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #582 on: February 15, 2020, 01:31:17 PM »
Leaving an audit trail of your wrong doing, which includes classless insults at the authorities, proves that money cannot buy you class, history or intelligence it seems.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #583 on: February 15, 2020, 02:21:43 PM »
A story I was told last night regarding Man City when they played at Sheffield United.

Apparently the board were at a particular table in the restaurant at the Hotel at the ground. The players and staff were sat separately.

The execs asked the staff at Copthorne for particular sets of crockery. They didn't have it. So, it was purchased at a cost of £6k (cost absorbed by Man City) . It was then washed etc and offered to them and they said to keep it.

So basically they laid £6k for a meal.

Ridiculous and frivolous.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #584 on: February 15, 2020, 10:10:37 PM »
I wonder if i buy a city ticket for a home game whther id be able to get a ticket in their end for final 😁

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal