collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread  (Read 156631 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread
« Reply #510 on: February 14, 2020, 12:16:17 PM »
Would love a European Tour again, whatever competition it is

I would also love a European tour I love us playing in Europe.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #511 on: February 14, 2020, 12:43:02 PM »
The League Cup doesn't matter. The Europa League doesn't matter. Despite what we might say on here the crowds we get prove that the FA Cup doesn't really matter.  So what does matter? Messing around in the middle of the Premier League until it's our turn to get relegated again? Hoping for a miracle that'll get us top four so we can play the sort of clubs we'd play in the Europa League, plus if we're lucky one of the Big Names?

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #512 on: February 14, 2020, 12:54:52 PM »
The League Cup doesn't matter. The Europa League doesn't matter. Despite what we might say on here the crowds we get prove that the FA Cup doesn't really matter.  So what does matter? Messing around in the middle of the Premier League until it's our turn to get relegated again? Hoping for a miracle that'll get us top four so we can play the sort of clubs we'd play in the Europa League, plus if we're lucky one of the Big Names?

I agree with you Dave.

What's the point in football if you're not trying to win something? We support teams and glory, not businesses.

I mentioned this to a Palace fan the other day and he didn't know what to come back with.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #513 on: February 14, 2020, 01:07:38 PM »

I agree with you Dave.

What's the point in football if you're not trying to win something? We support teams and glory, not businesses.

I mentioned this to a Palace fan the other day and he didn't know what to come back with.

It's because of the brainwashing that the Premier League and Champions League are the be all and end all.

At the end of the day, most club sides start the season only competing in 3 competitions. The League is normally only going to be won by a handful of the teams and the cups offer a potential for anyone.

That we'd turn up the chance to win one of those three just so that we can be an also-ran in another baffles me.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #514 on: February 14, 2020, 01:23:58 PM »

I agree with you Dave.

Well, you'd have thought he would have remembered the importance of winning the Zenith Data Systems Cup.  ;)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #515 on: February 14, 2020, 01:24:45 PM »

I agree with you Dave.

It's because of the brainwashing that the Premier League and Champions League are the be all and end all.

At the end of the day, most club sides start the season only competing in 3 competitions. The League is normally only going to be won by a handful of the teams and the cups offer a potential for anyone.

That we'd turn up the chance to win one of those three just so that we can be an also-ran in another baffles me.

Totally agree, just the wheels of capitalism innit.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #516 on: February 14, 2020, 01:31:05 PM »
Not so long ago, Liverpool and Man City were doing cartwheels over winning this competition. Just because their priorities have changed, doesn't mean its worthless.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #517 on: February 14, 2020, 02:13:38 PM »
a little Valentines poem

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Leicester one
The Villa two

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #518 on: February 14, 2020, 02:23:02 PM »
Man City's allocation is on general sale and season ticket holders have been given access to purchase two extra tickets.

What is it with us drawing these absolute tin pot outfits with dire support in finals of late?

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #519 on: February 14, 2020, 02:53:08 PM »
They have 8,000 left apparently

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #520 on: February 14, 2020, 02:57:06 PM »
Man City's allocation is on general sale and season ticket holders have been given access to purchase two extra tickets.

What is it with us drawing these absolute tin pot outfits with dire support in finals of late?

Looks like they only need to have attended one game to get a ticket.

Supporter Services
@ManCityHelp
·
3h
CARABAO CUP FINAL: On General Sale!
🎟️

Supporters must have previously attended a game at the Etihad Stadium Stadium to purchase a ticket.

Seasoncard holders can purchase an additional 2x tickets.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #521 on: February 14, 2020, 03:08:35 PM »
I've attended a game at the Ettihad. Might ring em see if I can get some extra tickets...

Offline Luffbralion

« Reply #522 on: February 14, 2020, 03:18:14 PM »
I've attended a game at the Ettihad. Might ring em see if I can get some extra tickets...

I went to Maine Road...so presumably I can cherry pick a top seat.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #523 on: February 14, 2020, 03:41:56 PM »
a little Valentines poem

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Leicester one
The Villa two
Hopefully on 1 March, we'll be able to change Leicester for Man City!

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #524 on: February 14, 2020, 03:49:15 PM »

You can log into their ticket site using your Facebook, Gmail or Amazon account.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal