collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:48:09 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread  (Read 156882 times)

Offline Brassneck

Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2020, 05:30:34 PM »
Not sure of the need to split the season ticket holders over 2 dates when we've only got 30k of them.  Just makes is a pain in the arse for anybody hoping to book groups.

It's a nice little nod to those that kept up their season ticket through the dark times. And that's from someone that's now got to wait thanks to his Johnny-come-lately nephew.

No it isn’t. Those who stuck with it would have been there in the championship.

The way it’s structured, someone could have deserted on relegation, returned this season and have priority over those who committed in the championship.

Same with the claret and blue members where demand will outstrip availability. It’s just Villa doing what suits them best as usual.
The first layer is people who have had a ST uninterupted since 15/16, I just couldn't be bothered to type that bit out.

That’s fair enough then.

Seems silly to only have 2 criteras though. They have more for a 3000 away allocation.

Offline archie hunter

« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2020, 05:39:16 PM »
My 5 year old grandson, who is a season ticket holder, will not be allowed to go to the final. I’ve been told that I won’t be able to purchase an adult ticket using his ID so his aunt could go instead. Is this correct? Has anyone tried doing this for previous Wembley visits?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2020, 05:41:49 PM »
My 5 year old grandson, who is a season ticket holder, will not be allowed to go to the final. I’ve been told that I won’t be able to purchase an adult ticket using his ID so his aunt could go instead. Is this correct? Has anyone tried doing this for previous Wembley visits?

I'd buy the ticket anyway, then try some sort of trade with somebody who wants to take their son/daughter to the match.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2020, 05:48:54 PM »

Who's told you that? We had no problems last season.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2020, 05:54:38 PM »
This is a fuckin outrage. Me and my sons have missed two homes out of 15 As Claret members and we’ve got the same chance as someone with a membership who’s been to a tiny number of games.
They should have at least split the members allocation, at eight or more games and under eight games.
You just know the system will crash and people will put tickets in their basket only to find them gone before they can pay.
The usual large scale fuckwittery from the club where tickets are concerned 😡😡😡😡

Totally agree, it's a bloody rubbish policy. Loyalty isn't rewarded for members who have attended games.

Online luke95

« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2020, 05:54:52 PM »
I'd say that is correct.
But now demand is a lot higher they will be more stringent & not turn a blind eye as previously.

Offline archie hunter

« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2020, 06:00:16 PM »

Ticket office this afternoon. Guy sounded flustered though!

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2020, 06:03:32 PM »
I'm a season ticket holder, my son at Uni in Bristol a Member. He has been to a lot of games but will now have to join the lottery with other members. It should definitely be based on attendance criteria. I will end up giving him my ticket if he doesn't get one.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2020, 06:04:42 PM »

Ticket office this afternoon. Guy sounded flustered though!

If that's the case I wonder if you can buy the child one them upgrade later?

Offline claret+blue ed

« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2020, 06:07:27 PM »
I understand splitting the ST criteria just so that all 30k don’t crash the system at the same time, but if the figures are correct and we have 8k members for the remaining 3k tickets, it will obviously be unfair on the ones who do miss out as some will have gone to a lot of games. Maybe they are banking on the fact that not all ST’s will claim there ticket

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2020, 06:10:06 PM »
PRAVDA says you can buy them online or over the phone only

You cant buy them in person from the Ticket Office

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2020, 06:11:02 PM »
I understand splitting the ST criteria just so that all 30k don’t crash the system at the same time, but if the figures are correct and we have 8k members for the remaining 3k tickets, it will obviously be unfair on the ones who do miss out as some will have gone to a lot of games. Maybe they are banking on the fact that not all ST’s will claim there ticket

Certainly not all claret members will claim their ticket - still, stupid to have this as a free for all though!

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2020, 06:15:52 PM »
There's no system to please everyone.

Being a Claret member gives priority over someone who isn't, that was the deal.

It may make people think again, but with the demand for tickets increasing, I suspect the system won't change.

Offline rogfromb6

« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2020, 06:16:16 PM »
There will be a number of season ticket holders who can’t/don’t want to go for whatever reason and the same with claret members. If there are 8000 claret members I’d be surprised if the majority  who wanted one didn’t get a ticket.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2020, 06:21:43 PM »
Maybe it's why we did the decent thing in abstaining from that FA Cup thingy this year. Imagine the club trying to sort that out!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal