collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dave P
[Today at 09:42:19 AM]

Champions League Contention by Dave P
[Today at 09:40:39 AM]

Liverpool by steffo
[Today at 09:38:38 AM]

New Shirt Sponsor by Des Little
[Today at 09:28:43 AM]

Who should create the Atmosphere? by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[Today at 08:56:37 AM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by Baldy
[Today at 08:46:32 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Demitri_C
[Today at 08:44:50 AM]

MOTD by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 08:40:09 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread  (Read 158959 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2020, 04:49:06 PM »
The whole point of the Claret Menbership is to get you in to buy tickets in place of needing a purchase history.  I guess they felt they couldn't change the goalposts now given that was the basis they were historically sold on.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2020, 04:49:19 PM »
What are the ticket prices? Can't get the link to work.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2020, 04:51:36 PM »
The whole point of the Claret Menbership is to get you in to buy tickets in place of needing a purchase history.  I guess they felt they couldn't change the goalposts now given that was the basis they were historically sold on.

It should be as well as, not in place of. Claret Members who have been to a dozen games have invested more than those who have attended none and should be treated as such. At least then everyone can see that it's fair. This way lots of claret members who have been to many games will end up getting disillusioned and may not bother again. We need to keep the regular attendees sweet as we will need them to fill the ground when we expand.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2020, 04:52:26 PM »
£100, £90, £72, £56, £40

categories same as for playoff final

Offline lennythekad

• GM : 25.01.2023
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2020, 04:53:07 PM »
This is a fuckin outrage. Me and my sons have missed two homes out of 15 As Claret members and we’ve got the same chance as someone with a membership who’s been to a tiny number of games.
They should have at least split the members allocation, at eight or more games and under eight games.
You just know the system will crash and people will put tickets in their basket only to find them gone before they can pay.
The usual large scale fuckwittery from the club where tickets are concerned 😡😡😡😡

Offline lennythekad

• GM : 25.01.2023
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2020, 04:54:29 PM »

It should be as well as, not in place of. Claret Members who have been to a dozen games have invested more than those who have attended none and should be treated as such. At least then everyone can see that it's fair. This way lots of claret members who have been to many games will end up getting disillusioned and may not bother again. We need to keep the regular attendees sweet as we will need them to fill the ground when we expand.

Add me to the disillusioned, mate. Not happy one bit!

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2020, 04:56:13 PM »

It's never been 'as well as' before.  Last year a Claret Member could buy ahead of someone with a 15 game history.  Whether that's right or wrong it is the way it was.  I can see how they feel it would be difficult to change it this time round.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2020, 04:59:09 PM »
Clever marketing from the club announcing this now and taking our mind off nil strikers arriving today

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2020, 05:00:41 PM »
What's the point.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:02:36 PM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2020, 05:05:25 PM »

It's never been 'as well as' before.  Last year a Claret Member could buy ahead of someone with a 15 game history.  Whether that's right or wrong it is the way it was.  I can see how they feel it would be difficult to change it this time round.

Last year Claret Members were more or less guaranteed tickets as we didn't have so many Season Ticket holders.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2020, 05:11:11 PM »
Must admit I’m a bit gutted as a claret member who’s only missed a few games in the league.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2020, 05:18:40 PM »
Not sure of the need to split the season ticket holders over 2 dates when we've only got 30k of them.  Just makes is a pain in the arse for anybody hoping to book groups.

It's a nice little nod to those that kept up their season ticket through the dark times. And that's from someone that's now got to wait thanks to his Johnny-come-lately nephew.

No it isn’t. Those who stuck with it would have been there in the championship.

The way it’s structured, someone could have deserted on relegation, returned this season and have priority over those who committed in the championship.

Same with the claret and blue members where demand will outstrip availability. It’s just Villa doing what suits them best as usual.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2020, 05:20:40 PM »
Not sure of the need to split the season ticket holders over 2 dates when we've only got 30k of them.  Just makes is a pain in the arse for anybody hoping to book groups.

It's a nice little nod to those that kept up their season ticket through the dark times. And that's from someone that's now got to wait thanks to his Johnny-come-lately nephew.

No it isn’t. Those who stuck with it would have been there in the championship.

The way it’s structured, someone could have deserted on relegation, returned this season and have priority over those who committed in the championship.

Same with the claret and blue members where demand will outstrip availability. It’s just Villa doing what suits them best as usual.
The first layer is people who have had a ST uninterupted since 15/16, I just couldn't be bothered to type that bit out.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2020, 05:25:22 PM »
Official coach ticket question. My dad and I are eligible in the first window. My step son isnt eligible until the second window.
Can I buy all of our coach tickets together? Will the online system allow me to do that?

Offline 144 Hard Boiled Eggs

« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2020, 05:28:45 PM »
Which clown at the club decided on this ticket criteria? There needs to be a purchase window for Claret members who have been to most of the home games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal