collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread  (Read 156642 times)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2020, 06:38:59 PM »
Got 5 games on my history for this season (been to more but they were freebies). Just got a ticket for the Spurs game incase its the same criteria as playoff final.
In previous years it's gone to claret members before ticket history.  People have cottoned on that for £25 quid they can skip the queue so we've now got loads of Claret Members, so if they adopt the same policy I can't see it going beyond that.  They should probably consider putting in a layer of Claret members with ticket history I guess, but that would go against the key benefit on which Claret Membership was sold.

'Cottoned on'? It's the entire point of the scheme. What else is it for other than queue avoidance? And fwiw, I don't think anybody got it with no intention of going other than if we made a final.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2020, 07:00:25 PM »
Got 5 games on my history for this season (been to more but they were freebies). Just got a ticket for the Spurs game incase its the same criteria as playoff final.
In previous years it's gone to claret members before ticket history.  People have cottoned on that for £25 quid they can skip the queue so we've now got loads of Claret Members, so if they adopt the same policy I can't see it going beyond that.  They should probably consider putting in a layer of Claret members with ticket history I guess, but that would go against the key benefit on which Claret Membership was sold.

'Cottoned on'? It's the entire point of the scheme. What else is it for other than queue avoidance? And fwiw, I don't think anybody got it with no intention of going other than if we made a final.
That's my point.  For the two play-off finals it was a fairly little known way to be in with a chance to get a ticket.  Pay your 35 quid and trump anybody with a 15 game history.

This season it became more of a necessicity to even get tickets for league games, so loads of people have now got it. 

When everyone's super, no one is.

Offline john2710

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2020, 07:22:42 PM »
I think a chunk of Season Ticket holders will look at the costs, who we're playing & decide to sit it out.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2020, 07:33:06 PM »

That's my point.  For the two play-off finals it was a fairly little known way to be in with a chance to get a ticket.  Pay your 35 quid and trump anybody with a 15 game history.

This season it became more of a necessicity to even get tickets for league games, so loads of people have now got it. 

When everyone's super, no one is.

Genuine question - who should get a ticket first. A Claret Club member who paid £25 and had attended no games or a non-Claret Club member who’s attended 1 game?

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2020, 07:37:53 PM »
Ahem. Claret + 1 game. Definitely. No question about it.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2020, 07:39:37 PM »
FWIW, as a claret member, for various reasons I can (and only really desire to) get to a limited number of home games, being those played at the traditional time of 3pm on a Saturday, which enables me to enjoy a properly good old fashioned day out in Brum/at the Villa. Without claret membership I would not really be able to do this, which is why I bought it.  To be honest, a match at Wembley, even a cup final, is something I think I'd enjoy probably more from the comfort of my own living room than actually being there.  As the next couple of weeks go by I may start to feel differently, but I don't think I will. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 07:54:49 PM by Flamingo Lane »

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2020, 07:42:56 PM »

I guess that was my point. I understand Claret Membership has a fee and you can get some benefits (a membership pack when it turns up etc!) but there will be other fans who choose to attend 1 game a season instead for the same price give or take a few quid.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2020, 07:51:14 PM »
I doubt many, if any, bought the membership purely for use with a cup final. Plus I think it's likely they'll go through members using a criteria. So for example, ST holders, members with 8 games, members with 3 games, members.

Online luke95

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2020, 07:57:14 PM »
I doubt many, if any, bought the membership purely for use with a cup final. Plus I think it's likely they'll go through members using a criteria. So for example, ST holders, members with 8 games, members with 3 games, members.

That's he way I see/hope its goes .
TBF they normally get it spot on

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2020, 08:02:19 PM »
As others have said I got my membership purely for ease of booking league games what with the high number of ST holders this year. For me it was worth it as I knew I’d go to a lot of games but still miss a few making it not worth getting a ST. A Wembley appearance is a bonus!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2020, 08:07:56 PM »
So, confirmed as 4.30pm kick off, and we have the West bit.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2020, 08:09:25 PM »
"Following the conclusion of the Semi-Finals, Aston Villa and Manchester City will meet in the Carabao Cup Final at Wembley Stadium in a bid to win the first piece of silverware of the season.

The game will take place on Sunday 1 March at Wembley with a confirmed kick-off time of 4:30pm. Aston Villa fans will be housed in the West End of the stadium, with Manchester City occupying the East End.

Manchester City secured a place in their third-straight Carabao Cup Final courtesy of a narrow 3-2 aggregate victory against local rivals Manchester United, whereas Aston Villa made it two trips to the National Stadium in less than 12 months following an enthralling, last-minute winner against Leicester City.

Tickets for the Carabao Cup Final can only be purchased directly from the two finalist Clubs and are not available from either the EFL or from Wembley Stadium."

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2020, 08:22:01 PM »

I guess that was my point. I understand Claret Membership has a fee and you can get some benefits (a membership pack when it turns up etc!) but there will be other fans who choose to attend 1 game a season instead for the same price give or take a few quid.
I said that because I'm a Claret Member who has just the one game on his booking history this season (Norwich). ;-)

Now, given that I live as far away from Birmingham as you can get on the French mainland, I can only see myself getting to two or three games in a season. A Claret Membership is worth it for that. I'd understand if one game is not enough for me to buy a League Cup final ticket but if it is then yes please!

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2020, 08:55:19 PM »
I'm with Bad English. I buy to make sure I can get a few games. I can't get to any except 3pm Saturday and then not many of those. I even miss some of the TV games by not being able to be on the sofa. I originally got my membership to go to the Fulham away game in 2018. Never realised it would get me to Wembley but was glad it did for the last 2 years. I can't imagine members with 1 will get anywhere near this year, but then I didn't expect to see a cup final this year. If I can get a ticket I'll be there with bells on - well a scarf and hat anyway.

If I can't then the sofa is booked and the children will be joining me (they don't like watching on TV much - not as good as going to Villa Park) just as they would be at Wembley.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 08:57:29 PM by Sdwbvf »

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2020, 08:59:51 PM »
As others have said I got my membership purely for ease of booking league games what with the high number of ST holders this year. For me it was worth it as I knew I’d go to a lot of games but still miss a few making it not worth getting a ST. A Wembley appearance is a bonus!

Same here. And it rankled slightly having to join to get tickets for bog standard homes games when there weren’t any issues in the championship. But then, A. We all want the club to be commercially savvy so if they can charge fans more for the same thing based on demand it’s sort of fair enough, and B. Once your get into the whole better fan than yow nonsense it leads nowhere useful.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal