collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread  (Read 156825 times)

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread
« Reply #960 on: February 25, 2020, 12:42:58 PM »
check on oddschecker.
Varying between 14's and 21/1 now

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #961 on: February 25, 2020, 12:43:34 PM »
Who is that with? I don't gamble, but crikey, it's worth a tenner.

Surely you don't need 45p that badly?! ;)

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #962 on: February 25, 2020, 12:47:42 PM »
I wonder what odds were that Liverpool would beat Wimbledon in the 1988 FA Cup final?

Offline sid1964

« Reply #963 on: February 25, 2020, 12:48:02 PM »
For me Dean has to get the tactics and the team that he picks right on Sunday, if we get easily beat the crowd could turn against him, and I think that could be the end for him (unfortunately). I should imagine our 2 owners will be attendance and they will not want to witness a no show from us.

But I am sure that after Saturday's humiliation the 11 who play in the final will do us proud!

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #964 on: February 25, 2020, 01:25:37 PM »
Curious to hear what everyone would play?

I personally think 3-4-3 might have run it's course and we would be better of with 4-5-1. Man City like to press very high up the pitch so I think we should be trying to by-pass playing around at the back as much as possible, and using Samatta as an outball?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #965 on: February 25, 2020, 01:58:27 PM »
I think it will be 451 as well, with space congested. The gap between midfield and defence will be narrow. Question is whether we have courage with our full backs or if we narrow them up too.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #966 on: February 25, 2020, 02:02:05 PM »
I agree with 4-5-1 & Grealish to be told to support Samatta.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #967 on: February 25, 2020, 02:14:31 PM »
I think it will be 451 as well, with space congested. The gap between midfield and defence will be narrow. Question is whether we have courage with our full backs or if we narrow them up too.

Don’t disagree necessarily, but with a midfield of who exactly? The cupboard is looking so bare at the moment. McGinn on crutches is probably worth a start.

Presumably Jack centrally, but then that likely leaves you likely playing Trez and El Ghazi wide which is hardly ideal. Guess you’d have Nakamba as he is generally the best at breaking up play but he has been so poor recently. Then it’s only really a choice of Luiz, who blows very hot and cold, or Hourihane for the additional goal threat he brings and set pieces but the potential for loose complete anonymity in there?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #968 on: February 25, 2020, 02:17:54 PM »

Don’t disagree necessarily, but with a midfield of who exactly? The cupboard is looking so bare at the moment. McGinn on crutches is probably worth a start.

Presumably Jack centrally, but then that likely leaves you likely playing Trez and El Ghazi wide which is hardly ideal. Guess you’d have Nakamba as he is generally the best at breaking up play but he has been so poor recently. Then it’s only really a choice of Luiz, who blows very hot and cold, or Hourihane for the additional goal threat he brings and set pieces but the potential for loose complete anonymity in there?

Elmo and Targett wide for me. Not ideal, but at least the pair of them aren't utter liabilities like Trez and El Ghazi.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #969 on: February 25, 2020, 02:51:03 PM »

Elmo and Targett wide for me. Not ideal, but at least the pair of them aren't utter liabilities like Trez and El Ghazi.

I have said exactly the same to a colleague today

neither of AEG / Trez deserve to be anywhere near starting

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #970 on: February 25, 2020, 03:00:48 PM »

I can see one of them scoring in the final.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #971 on: February 25, 2020, 03:04:54 PM »

Is there any news on A&E's injury? I trust it's not life threatening.

Offline nigel

« Reply #972 on: February 25, 2020, 03:14:39 PM »
AEG is an Special Occasions player.
He would rise to the challenge

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #973 on: February 25, 2020, 03:14:42 PM »
I’m assuming it’s a severe case of dented pride followed by extreme piss taking from his team mates.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #974 on: February 25, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »

Anwar in the last minute to bring the cup home.

You know it makes sense.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal