collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[April 28, 2024, 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[April 28, 2024, 10:54:37 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread  (Read 45238 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread
« Reply #390 on: January 30, 2020, 05:18:38 PM »
Congratulations from this Fulham  fan enjoy the build up and game, maybe Europa league next season as well you’ve just got to stay up now to make an even better season
Cheers Londonfranky. I hope you usurp West Brom for auto pro. Jota will do a good job for you.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #391 on: January 30, 2020, 05:49:16 PM »
Don’t forget we won the home game 2-0 that season
Yes we did but it was 2-1. Dunne and Collins after Drogba gave them a lead. OK may be it was  Liverpool 96 semi final defeat when we got beat by a team 3 times in a season.

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #392 on: January 30, 2020, 06:42:23 PM »

I want to sit next to these guys at Wembley !!!

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #393 on: January 30, 2020, 06:57:41 PM »

We were sat a few rows back on Tuesday - very enthisiastic and they were doing plenty of filming.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #394 on: January 30, 2020, 07:34:50 PM »
For anyone wondering about Konsa, he has got a 1 match ban in the League Cup for 2 bookings, he was actually booked 3 times in total but they are wiped for the QF, but you cannot be banned from the final for yellow cards. So his ban will be the first LC game he can play next season.

Let’s hope he has to sit out our first game defending the trophy.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #395 on: January 30, 2020, 09:19:59 PM »
The first professional club in the world to play in a major domestic cup final in fourteen different decades.

Good stats!

We're not actually in the 20s yet thought are we. This is the final year of the 2010s.

How is 2020 not in the 20s?! I wasn’t a teenager when I was 20!

Because a decade is completed at the end of the tenth year in it, not at the start of it.  It's like when we all celebrated the new millennium a year too early. 

It's a pedantic argument that you're on the wrong side of.  1930 was in the 1920s?  The name is a bit of a clue.

Nope, although it seems logical to call that decade the 1920s it's actually a misnomer. Yes it is pedantic but I'm not on the wrong side of it.  In the Gregorian calendar a decade starts with a year ending in 1 and ends with a year ending in a 0, so the "1920s" excludes 1920 and includes 1930.  Something to do with the year before 1AD not being year 0 but 1BC, according to that google thing.  Anyway we're in the final so fuck it.

This really is peak H&V!

KT Villan is correct. However it doesn't matter because we're going to be at Wembley a lot when the 2020's start.

Utv

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #396 on: January 30, 2020, 09:31:44 PM »

We were sat a few rows back on Tuesday - very enthisiastic and they were doing plenty of filming.
Watch from 3:15 when the winner goes in!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #397 on: January 30, 2020, 09:31:49 PM »
KT Villan is correct. However it doesn't matter because we're going to be at Wembley a lot when the 2020's start.

Utv

He really isn't as has been explained elsewhere. Yes we started on 1 so measured from that you can say it's wrong but dates are an entirely social construct and if everyone uses them in 1 way, even if it seems strange when you look into it, then that way is the correct usage because you're able to communicate a point in an understandable way. This is also why pedants, who moan about words being misused or new words being created, are also wrong so long as the word is used in a way that is understood by the reader/listener.  For example everyone on here knows who the bitters are so it's an accepted part of the 'language' for the site.

Offline Hockley Lion

« Reply #398 on: January 30, 2020, 10:53:13 PM »

Utv

He really isn't as has been explained elsewhere. Yes we started on 1 so measured from that you can say it's wrong but dates are an entirely social construct and if everyone uses them in 1 way, even if it seems strange when you look into it, then that way is the correct usage because you're able to communicate a point in an understandable way. This is also why pedants, who moan about words being misused or new words being created, are also wrong so long as the word is used in a way that is understood by the reader/listener.  For example everyone on here knows who the bitters are so it's an accepted part of the 'language' for the site.

I think KT Villan was just pointing out that technically it's not the 2020's yet, that's all. Personally I'm not bothered either way. My own understanding is that he is right for the reasons he mentioned however daft it might seem to a lot of people. I just agreed with him but said it didn't matter to me. I'm just sorry it seems to have bothered you so much. Blimey! Either way Villa will have plenty of opportunities to continue their magnificent run through the decades, whenever you prefer to think they begin.

Utv

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #399 on: January 30, 2020, 10:59:12 PM »

Utv

I think KT Villan was just pointing out that technically it's not the 2020's yet, that's all. Personally I'm not bothered either way. My own understanding is that he is right for the reasons he mentioned however daft it might seem to a lot of people. I just agreed with him but said it didn't matter to me. I'm just sorry it seems to have bothered you so much. Blimey! Either way Villa will have plenty of opportunities to continue their magnificent run through the decades, whenever you prefer to think they begin.

Utv

It's not bothered me at all, it's just that a few people had already said that he's incorrect to say people are wrong.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #400 on: January 30, 2020, 11:02:23 PM »
As Albert Einstein proved, it all depends upon the point from which you make the observation.  Bitters in our bespoke organ means Smethwick FC.  In Licence Trade Weekly it means Angostura.

Offline Hockley Lion

« Reply #401 on: January 30, 2020, 11:17:16 PM »

Utv

Utv

It's not bothered me at all, it's just that a few people had already said that he's incorrect to say people are wrong.

Apologies. I thought he was just explaining how it is calculated. To some people I suppose that might seem like he's saying they are wrong.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #402 on: January 30, 2020, 11:21:19 PM »

How the hell did they miss it?! (Facepalm)

Maybe I should find the Tanzanian expats to watch this in Ug :)

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #403 on: January 31, 2020, 12:33:09 AM »

How the hell did they miss it?! (Facepalm)

Maybe I should find the Tanzanian expats to watch this in Ug :)
These guys are great. Which reminded me i need to brush up on my Kiswahili.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #404 on: January 31, 2020, 08:12:50 AM »
Would be good if there was subtitles for the interview

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal