collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread  (Read 45212 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread
« Reply #375 on: January 30, 2020, 12:39:01 PM »
Who did we beat in the semi final? I have already forgotten. :-*

Offline Londonfranky

• GM : 27.12.2021
« Reply #376 on: January 30, 2020, 12:42:36 PM »
 Congratulations from this Fulham  fan enjoy the build up and game, maybe Europa league next season as well you’ve just got to stay up now to make an even better season

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #377 on: January 30, 2020, 12:57:31 PM »
Congratulations from this Fulham  fan enjoy the build up and game, maybe Europa league next season as well you’ve just got to stay up now to make an even better season

Thanks mate, hope you come straight back up as I love going to Fulham, and if you do it at the expense of the bitter Baggie twats, even better!

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #378 on: January 30, 2020, 12:57:33 PM »
The only disappointment last night was the balti pie. The pastry had been baked to within an inch of its life.
They need to sort this out.  The pies in the upper Holte are a disgrace.  They've been on the hot bed so long the bottom bit of pastry and about a cm of the filling is a rock hard inedible mess.

I sat in the lower Holte and found my balti pie to be just the ticket!! The contents were like lava though, so you do need to aerate it by removing the lid a bit, before scoffing it down.

Mine in the Trinity was perfect.
The one I had the week before at the Watford game was fantastic.

The one I had at the Watford game in Trinity Road was OK, it was just the uncooked cold chips & the I cant really be arsed attitude of the staff that really spoilt it as a culinary experience.
Tuesday night I went all in on a jerk chicken burrito from Leave It To Esmie at Digbeth Dining Club, it was ruddy marvellous. You can keep your balti pies & shit attitude thanks.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #379 on: January 30, 2020, 01:31:14 PM »
The only disappointment last night was the balti pie. The pastry had been baked to within an inch of its life.
They need to sort this out.  The pies in the upper Holte are a disgrace.  They've been on the hot bed so long the bottom bit of pastry and about a cm of the filling is a rock hard inedible mess.

I sat in the lower Holte and found my balti pie to be just the ticket!! The contents were like lava though, so you do need to aerate it by removing the lid a bit, before scoffing it down.

The one I had at the Watford game in Trinity Road was OK, it was just the uncooked cold chips & the I cant really be arsed attitude of the staff that really spoilt it as a culinary experience.
Tuesday night I went all in on a jerk chicken burrito from Leave It To Esmie at Digbeth Dining Club, it was ruddy marvellous. You can keep your balti pies & shit attitude thanks.

We we're on holiday in the Trinity due to our seats being in the North stand, so I can't comment from a regular experience, but the staff I dealt with on Tuesday were very nice, and so was my pie.

Then again, maybe the sheer beauty of my face invokes a more favourable response from strangers, I imagine you have the opposite issue Jon?

Online RichardBatchelor

« Reply #380 on: January 30, 2020, 01:46:39 PM »
100 post thread on this game on SHA.com

That hate us with a passion! Lovely reading their bitter comments; very entertaining!

It’s more than hate. It’s weird, their existence isn’t about supporting their own club it’s following what Villa do. It’s really strange. How can you have a 100 page thread on another team’s game?!

It’s like being stalked by an obsessive psycho-narcissistic ex. Quite disturbing, really.

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #381 on: January 30, 2020, 02:04:03 PM »

Frankie's first match..."We're the famous Aston Villa  and we're going to Wember-lee!"  The Chappell clan (veterans of '94 and '96 Villa League Cup victories) with the latest recruit - wide-eyed with wonder on joining the Villa family: Frankie Chappell. What a match to start your footballing life!

Is your name Simon, we’re you drinking at the far side of the small bar in the Aston Social before the game?

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #382 on: January 30, 2020, 02:47:35 PM »
Slightly off topic, but here goes, at the match I saw a few claret and blue stripey bobble hats with the round badge but with “The Villains” on it. Anyone know where I can get one of these? Not on the OS shop as far as I could see. Cheers.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #383 on: January 30, 2020, 02:51:21 PM »
They sell them outside the ground on the mech stalls in Trinity Road.  Unfortunately they've spelt Villans wrong, so they're not for me.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #384 on: January 30, 2020, 02:55:50 PM »
Cheers Franky.
Hate the Europa League though.
Hope you come up.

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #385 on: January 30, 2020, 02:57:56 PM »
They sell them outside the ground on the mech stalls in Trinity Road.  Unfortunately they've spelt Villans wrong, so they're not for me.

Ah cheers, I did not get that close to check.

Offline spartacuss

« Reply #386 on: January 30, 2020, 03:12:12 PM »

Frankie's first match..."We're the famous Aston Villa  and we're going to Wember-lee!"  The Chappell clan (veterans of '94 and '96 Villa League Cup victories) with the latest recruit - wide-eyed with wonder on joining the Villa family: Frankie Chappell. What a match to start your footballing life!

Is your name Simon, we’re you drinking at the far side of the small bar in the Aston Social before the game?
No. Simon's my nephew (on the left of the picture) and he was drinking in the Aston Social before the match. Frankie is his son.  The others in the picture (left to right): Robert, Eve and the patriarch of the family: Trev.

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #387 on: January 30, 2020, 03:12:26 PM »

Whereabouts is the Digbeth Dining Club stuff at VP?

Is it at every game now?

I would have gone on Tuesday night if I knew it was there.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #388 on: January 30, 2020, 04:11:16 PM »

No. Simon's my nephew (on the left of the picture) and he was drinking in the Aston Social before the match. Frankie is his son.  The others in the picture (left to right): Robert, Eve and the patriarch of the family: Trev.
Great stuff.

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #389 on: January 30, 2020, 04:16:30 PM »

Ah, I see. I thought I recognised Simon in the Social but wasn’t 100% sure so didn’t chat to him. I know him from Greensleeves, I run the Burton area. Pass on my best wishes when you see him next.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal