collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread  (Read 44270 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2020, 12:54:34 AM »
What an awesome night!

We more than held our own in the first half, but rode our luck at times and they came into it more in the second...however we had some outstanding performances (Nyland, Targett, Marv and Jack to mention a few) all over the pitch, and was looking like Leicester were more likely to get a second...which made it all the sweeter to get our much deserved last gasp winner at the end.

Still buzzing after that.  Pretty much agree with that summation and although I thought we tired in the latter stages, I still thought there might be one last chance.  Up pops Trez and there were bodies absolutely everywhere in the lower Holte!! 

Been a critic of his since his arrival, but thought Nyland was excellent tonight and did not put a foot wrong in either leg.  Thought others like Targett and Luiz had some of their best games of the season and Mings was solid again in the middle of the defence.  He seems to have got his sharpness back.  Thought Samatta had a promising debut and linked the play up well at times.

Thought it was back to the kind of performances against we saw before the Leicester game in the league.  Few mistakes here and there, but worked really hard and showed some real ambition going forward.  Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2020, 12:57:14 AM »
Just home.  That was one for the memory bank.  Fantastic team performance with Nyland playing an absolute blinder.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2020, 01:03:22 AM »
Got back 20 odd minutes ago. My colleagues thought I was mad going all that way for a football match. Nights like that make it all worthwhile. Up the fucking Villa!

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2020, 01:05:24 AM »
Great result and team performance.

Nakamba was superb again but Nyland's top quality goalkeeping deserves MOTM.

It's been over 3 months since we last won consecutive matches. We need to enjoy and milk every last drop of this.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2020, 01:09:41 AM »
Get In!

In Hershey Pennsylvania and not had internet all day, what a great result.

Off to read the match thread and sink a couple of beers in celebration!!!!

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2020, 01:23:49 AM »
Very very reluctantly didn’t go to help look after family, gutted to have missed it after the high of last Tuesday, but was great to watch on screen and I worried the hell out of my Mrs upstairs with strangled joyful shriek but didn’t wake the baby!

Well done all on a cracking atmosphere!
Well done Deano, deserved progress.

Now it truly sinks in, the very carefully planned 3 week trip to Uganda, dates dictated by Viila fixtures to only miss Sheffield Home, and not thinking of cup dates. :/

So i’ll Be looking to meet any Lions in Kampala (or possibly Mukono)

UTV!

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2020, 01:35:09 AM »
I’ve liked Trezeguet. He hasn’t always been great but he always has a knack of getting himself in a position to score. He did it again tonight. Well done Trez, we’ll done Elmo with that cross. Gota love Egyptians tonight.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2020, 01:39:48 AM »
I’ve liked Trezeguet. He hasn’t always been great but he always has a knack of getting himself in a position to score. He did it again tonight. Well done Trez, we’ll done Elmo with that cross. Gota love Egyptians tonight.

Loving Egypt today, just got a big order from Alexandria and then checked the Villa result. Get In!

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2020, 01:55:37 AM »
Really enjoyed that as a game of football, Leicester are a really good side and we went toe to toe with them for the whole tie, just deserved it I thought.

Outside of the usual suspects, Grealish ran the show and Mings/Konsa/Hause continue to look solid, I thought Marvellous had a great game as did Targett but Nyland was just superb. We're very well blessed for keepers it seems.

UTFV!!

Offline KRS

« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2020, 01:56:41 AM »
Any extended highlights available online yet?

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2020, 01:59:35 AM »
I know we’ve won nothing yet but if , just a big if , if we win the cup will that make us the first football team / sporting team of any sorts to win a trophy in three different centuries ? 🤔

Online dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2020, 02:00:54 AM »
Just got in. Last minute winners are a good habit to have..

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2020, 02:06:57 AM »
The first professional club in the world to play in a major domestic cup final in fourteen different decades.

13 isn’t it?

I’ve read that Rangers have already achieved this

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2020, 04:39:53 AM »
Objection your Honour, Glasgow Rangers PLC were liquidated in that form in 2012. The new company was subsequently accepted into the Scottish Football League as a 3rd tier team.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2020, 05:02:57 AM »
I can think of loads of games where the opposing keeper has played a blinder leading to our defeat. Tonight we got one of those back. Nyland was extraordinary. And he’s been excellent whenever he’s been asked to step in. Brilliant all round by our boys. Well done Dean for getting us to the final.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal