collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread  (Read 39706 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread
« Reply #225 on: January 22, 2020, 08:54:00 AM »
Come on Leicester, Spurs and Manure tonight.

On the Deeney subject we give him some pantomime stick and he gives us some back. I don't think we cross the line with it and I don't think he does either. I like his commitment to be fair and I actually think he could do a job for England which the striking situation at the moment.

I'll say this - as much as I dislike that wind-up merchant, it is never acceptable to throw things down at a player, and in that regard some of our lot did actually cross the line last night.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #226 on: January 22, 2020, 08:57:26 AM »
A deserved win against a pretty rubbish, niggly side who got exactly what was coming to them after some of the most blatant time wasting I have ever seen. I thought Nakamba had a really good game, sticking his foot in and breaking things up.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #227 on: January 22, 2020, 08:58:46 AM »
Over 3 hours to get to Villa Park yesterday, normally 1hr 45, all worth it in the end.......

One that maybe I'm reading too much into but Smith & Terry never spoke the entire 90 minutes, Pearson stood alongside his No2 in the technical area most of the game our head coach and his assistant were incommunicado all game it seems.

You were at the game no no way would I have been expecting you to watch Deans & Terry for 90 mins so it’s easy to see how you could get this wrong.

On Tv they were shown several times with their heads together talking behind their hands.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #228 on: January 22, 2020, 09:01:11 AM »
Working in Dublin and watched it with the Leinster Lions at Buskers where the roof went off on the 95th minute. Great spirit second half. It's all about results where we are at the moment, we shouldn't forget that.
Buskers is that in Temple Bar? Was in Dublin on Sunday and wanted to take my blue nose mrs in there.

Yes - on Fleet St. There is a dedicated area downstairs when Villa play.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #229 on: January 22, 2020, 09:03:56 AM »
What did Luiz do to take the piss other than jump into the Holte?
He walked past Deeney doing a kind of matador strut with his chest pumped up and his hands on his hips.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #230 on: January 22, 2020, 09:12:29 AM »
Over 3 hours to get to Villa Park yesterday, normally 1hr 45, all worth it in the end.......

One that maybe I'm reading too much into but Smith & Terry never spoke the entire 90 minutes, Pearson stood alongside his No2 in the technical area most of the game our head coach and his assistant were incommunicado all game it seems.

You were at the game no no way would I have been expecting you to watch Deans & Terry for 90 mins so it’s easy to see how you could get this wrong.

On Tv they were shown several times with their heads together talking behind their hands.

To be fair he was trying to take his mind off the 'chips' bought inside the ground.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #231 on: January 22, 2020, 09:13:12 AM »
What did Luiz do to take the piss other than jump into the Holte?
He walked past Deeney doing a kind of matador strut with his chest pumped up and his hands on his hips.

Didn’t notice it at the time but it looked a pretty good celebration seeing it later.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #232 on: January 22, 2020, 09:18:52 AM »
Not seen it. Anyone got a link to a clip of it?

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #233 on: January 22, 2020, 09:21:03 AM »
An other thing I didn’t notice which was pointed out by someone on Twitter.  On 60 minutest Smith summoned a ball boy to run around the pitch and inform all other ball boys to get the ball back quickly when it went out of play.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #234 on: January 22, 2020, 09:39:44 AM »
An other thing I didn’t notice which was pointed out by someone on Twitter.  On 60 minutest Smith summoned a ball boy to run around the pitch and inform all other ball boys to get the ball back quickly when it went out of play.

Good! I said this at one point, it was shocking how unitelligent our ball boys were. Credit to Deano for addressing that. I can’t remember who Dave said once shouted,
 “You’re not for to wear the tracksuit!”

I wasn’t sure about squabbling with their keeper to put it down or give it him, but it helped highlight the issue (for all the good it did) when he spent X seconds picking it up moving it then putting it back in the same place.

Perhaps those incidents though do build in ref’s mind to give us the benefit of the doubt to allow a last attack to play out. What a sweet sweet richly ironic way to finish.

I only ever sing for our lads (I know I’m weird by most standards but decline to get involved in other stuff) but even I couldn’t resist enquiring to Mr Troy Deeney Esquire as to the outcome of the Assiciation Football fixture.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #235 on: January 22, 2020, 09:43:46 AM »
Working in Dublin and watched it with the Leinster Lions at Buskers where the roof went off on the 95th minute. Great spirit second half. It's all about results where we are at the moment, we shouldn't forget that.
Buskers is that in Temple Bar? Was in Dublin on Sunday and wanted to take my blue nose mrs in there.

Yes - on Fleet St. There is a dedicated area downstairs when Villa play.
Cheers. We stayed on Fleet Street at Temple Bar Inn so must have been right by it!

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #236 on: January 22, 2020, 09:44:59 AM »
Nakamba was my man of the match last night. If he can do that consistently throughout the run-in, we can stay up.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #237 on: January 22, 2020, 09:48:50 AM »

To be fair he was trying to take his mind off the 'chips' bought inside the ground.

Reminds me, a letter to the owners & my local MP about the chips is in order, disgraceful to think we leave the EU in less than 10 days and Villa can't cook chips

That balti pie reappeared this morning as well.

Offline Ditton33

« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2020, 10:10:20 AM »
Crikey did we need that win!
I think if we had lost to that shower, it may have been the point of no return. Huge credit to the team for sticking at it, despite the oppositions blatant attempts to waste time. Maybe if some of these players who have under performed for most of the season are starting to hit some form, and we get a striker in, we might just kick on and get well out of that bottom 3.
UTV ! ;D

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2020, 10:16:51 AM »
Come on Leicester, Spurs and Manure tonight.

Lump your money on the opposition. Those three teams are total bottlers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal