collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread  (Read 39709 times)

Offline RichardBatchelor

Re: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2020, 09:46:20 PM »
Absolutely brilliant and fully deserved. Reina is ace. Loved Doug’s Iggy Pop stage dive after the equaliser and what a humourless so and so the ref was to get his card out. Impassioned display.

Offline richrunner

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2020, 09:47:54 PM »
Arise Sir Ezri of Konsashire

Offline supertom

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2020, 09:48:03 PM »
Well that may well be our season defining game. We'll go into the next game with a new striker. That was a big, big result. If Samatta can have even half the impact Bent did under Houllier, it'll probably be enough to keep us up.
At some point we need to put a run of results together. 4 points from 6 now. Let this be the start, and lets not throw away a golden opportunity against Bournmouth. We've also got to be eyeing the Spurs game with confidence. If we can get 4 from the next 6, we'll be in good shape. That leave us with 12 games and 11 points from the magic 40.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2020, 09:48:28 PM »
Perfect back 3...
Reina to Hause, to Mings to Konsa

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2020, 09:49:16 PM »
Oh and to all you negative H&V match thread posters, I am so glad your doom and gloom didn’t drag the team down 🤔

As I asked at the time, how does what is written on a match thread by people not at the game make the slightest fucking difference to what happens in the game?

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2020, 09:50:09 PM »
Fuck you Deeney
And  fuck you again three times.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2020, 09:50:48 PM »
Was there a deflection for the winner?  I've only see the angle from behind the goal once but it looked like there was.

Offline p_ad

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2020, 09:50:52 PM »
What a relief let's kick on from here ,it's going to be a bloody slog though

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2020, 09:52:03 PM »
Was there a deflection for the winner?  I've only see the angle from behind the goal once but it looked like there was.

I think Mings has been given the goal.

So I guess so.

Offline Uknowthescore

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2020, 09:53:04 PM »
Wow. What a finish, could be a season defining result. Nakamba man of match thought he was superb.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2020, 09:54:19 PM »
Seems as if the goal is being awarded to mings, which seems very harsh on konsa!

Took a crazy deflection watching the replay. We will take it!

Kind of game no-one deserved to win. Our lads battled hard but lack of quality, Grealish aside, was painfully obvious. Removing Drinky helped matters, who ever sanctioned that signing needs sectioning. Nakamba's best game in a long time, same for Targett who I've slated here regularly.

Reina 8 - huge save from Deeney and very solid on high ball and with his feet. Proving me wrong!
Guilbert 7 - solid as per usual
Konsa 6 - woeful for their goal, has a horrible ball watching habit, redeemed himself with winner
Mings 7 - fortunate to stay on pitch but at least broke even with Deeney physically and used ball well
Hause 6 - bringing the ball out from the back is clearly not his forte but his physical presence is definitely useful, won the initial ball for the winner
Targett 7 - best game in a long time and his shot eventually forced the equaliser
Nakamba 7 - slow start but grew in confidence after winning a few physical duels, solid game
Drinkwater 4 - 3rd game in 10 days , few tidy passes early on but once again miles short of the required fitness
Trez 5 - tries hard but a very limited player. One dimensional
Grealish 8 - took far too much out of ball at times but even at that a different level to every other player on pitch. Gets hacked around at this level now like last season. Exceptional for the equaliser.
AEG 6 - battled hard and when he got ball he used it well.
Luiz 7 - got the goal and tidy in possession but needs to show more courage getting the ball off the back. Goal could lift confidence a lot.
Vassiliev 5 - ran around and competed well but this is too soon for him. Reminds me in style of Weimann.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2020, 09:55:25 PM »
That is two very commanding and impressive performances now from Reina

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2020, 09:55:49 PM »
Perfect back 3...
Reina to Hause, to Mings to Konsa

..... to Mings calf to in.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Offline jwarry

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2020, 09:57:38 PM »
Oh and to all you negative H&V match thread posters, I am so glad your doom and gloom didn’t drag the team down 🤔

As I asked at the time, how does what is written on a match thread by people not at the game make the slightest fucking difference to what happens in the game?

Makes a difference to me PWS even if it doesn’t to you. You either connect or you don’t. Mind you I have been known to walk out of the room for the last 2 mins because I can’t stand the pressure! 😁

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal