collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Run IN  (Read 24238 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: The Run IN
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2020, 04:21:06 PM »
I listened to Talksport this morning for the first time in quite a while. Our legendary former manager 'Tactics Tim' thinks we will struggle to stay up.

Between Talksport stations and BBC radio 5 live every match will be live commentary

Villa v Wolves will be the first match of restart on Talksport .
Maybe they will rope Timmy in for that one !
BBC 5 live will have first 3 villa matches

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2020, 11:07:31 AM »
Tim Sherwood....wonder did he "earn" enough with us after tax to live comfortably til he's 88? The occasional Talksport input isn't going to top him up too much.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2020, 11:11:44 AM »
Win the first 6 games Villa, that’ll do.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2020, 11:35:33 PM »
I listened to Talksport this morning for the first time in quite a while. Our legendary former manager 'Tactics Tim' thinks we will struggle to stay up.

We were in a bad place before the season came to a halt, but with McGinn now back and the players fully refreshed, I don't see why we can't finish the season in the manner we started it and I think that would probably be enough to keep us up.

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2020, 01:13:48 AM »
Thought this guy did enough during and after us to never again grace a radio or TV studio with his "input". Stick to waxing lyrical about Spurs Tim where they still might listen. Here at Villa you were found out to be a tactically naive chancer and a bluffer. We'll stay up. The break will do us good.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2020, 01:24:03 AM »
Thought this guy did enough during and after us to never again grace a radio or TV studio with his "input". Stick to waxing lyrical about Spurs Tim where they still might listen. Here at Villa you were found out to be a tactically naive chancer and a bluffer. We'll stay up. The break will do us good.

Whatever else he did, he gave me two of my best days watching the Villa.

Online john2710

« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2020, 08:29:34 AM »
You can't pre-judged what the next 10 games will be like because the circumstances are so different to before. Anything is possible. We're just as likely to be worse than before the stoppage as be better.

If we cut out the mistakes (Luis, Mings, Engels & Pepe) & Smith stops playing so wide open, we might surprise a few people. But every team around us will think the same.

It won't all depend on the first game but a win would be a huge boost.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2020, 12:22:32 PM »
Unless I’ve missed it, are we not playing a final warm up match this weekend?

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2020, 12:29:06 PM »
I've got something akin to pre season optimism at the moment but I am expecting this to be punctured as soon as we start playing again. So maybe I've got pre season pessimism. These three sport free months have left me discombobulated.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2020, 08:23:45 PM »
they've done wonders for my stress levels but i'm sure all that will change on Wednesday

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2020, 12:30:51 AM »
Just to give people the heads up several players won't be at it 100% fitness wise.
Now it's a question if Smith picks the players who maintained fitness during the break or just his best players . There are also the vibrant youth players go consider for cameos. These players could well be a wild card as Smith would have coached them into Villas patterns of play and they would be eager and enthusiastic.
I think Smith has a lot of aces up his sleeve with the first team squad players who have somewhat underperformed that they can relax and play without pressure.
The thorn in side is Drinkwater. Feel he stinks out the place and shouldn't be part of squad. Would actually rather have kept Barney Bjarnason instead ! Or even Gary Gardner !

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2020, 09:04:17 AM »
You can't pre-judged what the next 10 games will be like because the circumstances are so different to before. Anything is possible. We're just as likely to be worse than before the stoppage as be better.

If we cut out the mistakes (Luis, Mings, Engels & Pepe) & Smith stops playing so wide open, we might surprise a few people. But every team around us will think the same.

It won't all depend on the first game but a win would be a huge boost.

Thinking about the Southampton and Leicester games, we surely can’t be worse?

For me, the break can only have helped us - after Leicester, we were as good as down. We’ve got SJM back which is a massive boost too. A win, in any way possible, would be huge.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2020, 12:20:48 PM »
I think we need to make sure we've got width. Stop their full backs.

Steer

Guilbert Engels Mings Targett

Nakamba

Elmo McGinn Grealish  El Ghazi

Samatta

We'd have a crosser in there, a creative spark with Grealish, an engine with McGinn.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2020, 12:11:11 PM »

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2020, 12:17:35 PM »
This is a small bit of good news, relegation-wise.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/17/ryan-fraser-to-leave-bournemouth-after-rejecting-short-term-contract-extension

It is good news, and he's just the kind of wide player we need so I'd try and sign him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal