collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Silhouettes vs Manchester City Post-Match Thrashing  (Read 24216 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa Silhouettes vs Manchester City Post-Match Thrashing
« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2020, 08:53:41 AM »
Yesterday was bloody painful to watch. It smacked of a team that has lost faith in the management. The lack of effort to retrieve the ball when City were playing tippy tappy in our 18 yard box was criminal. Something has got to change, and fast, if we're to going to avoid the drop. I have a gut feeling that they are already planning for next season in the championship. Could be my hangover talking i really hope i'm wrong.

You say that but they got a battling draw the other night and would have been three up at Burnley at half time had it not been for VAR. I don't think theres a loss of faith in management personally.

Online danno

« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2020, 09:00:49 AM »
Yesterday was bloody painful to watch. It smacked of a team that has lost faith in the management. The lack of effort to retrieve the ball when City were playing tippy tappy in our 18 yard box was criminal. Something has got to change, and fast, if we're to going to avoid the drop. I have a gut feeling that they are already planning for next season in the championship. Could be my hangover talking i really hope i'm wrong.

I did wonder aloud a few times (with swearing) if any of the players actually believed in what they'd been asked to do.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #212 on: January 13, 2020, 09:05:31 AM »

You say that but they got a battling draw the other night and would have been three up at Burnley at half time had it not been for VAR. I don't think theres a loss of faith in management personally.

We were decent at Burnley  , the system with Wesley worked well and his injury as had an effect as we now have no focal point but lets not forget Burnley themselves are in shocking form and we stood off them in 2h ,  the Leicester  game we battled well but we hardly had the  ball  ( the running about in that game possibly contributed to how  lethargic we looked yesterday ).

The Fulham game we were poor also.

Have the players lost faith in him , I don't know but he continually when interviewed says they are not doing what they should

Offline Reuben

« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2020, 09:15:58 AM »
The thing is, what's the point of going all at it in the home leg against Leicester if we are just going to have no belief in the final.  Especially if we  are then tired with Bournemouth a few days later.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2020, 09:26:44 AM »
They were light years ahead of us it was a lesson that's for sure I stayed until the end but we need to get something at Brighton on Saturday we need points and a performance.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2020, 09:30:36 AM »
so reminded me of Feb 14 2016 

lets hope we dont go the same way

Online avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2020, 09:51:59 AM »
The manner is which you lose games count for nothing...

Stopped reading after that bollocks.
Remind me how many points you get for effort or being plucky losers again? Completely missed the point haven't you...

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2020, 10:04:00 AM »
I could see the sense in how we were set up to play against them. What I don’t get is why it involved not laying a glove on anyone of their players. We allowed them to do whatever they wanted to. We lost that game before we set foot on the pitch, probably around the time the fixtures were revealed.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2020, 10:07:35 AM »
Very poor yesterday! If the set up of the team was designed to contain city it failed. I felt we were always going to lose this game but we lost it in the manner we did because of the midfield and the wing backs. Can't understand why Freddy was dropped. For me the poorest player on the pitch was Luiz. I had no idea where he was playing. He had no idea where he was playing. He was full of mistakes (at least 3 in the first 5 minutes). He offered no support to Elmo, he didn't track runners, if he managed to hold onto the ball he provided no telling pass or link up play. This guy was the 3rd most expensive player in our team yesterday behind Jack and Tyrone but you wouldn't know it. City are laughing themselves to the bank at our expence (£8m for Delph and then us having to pay £15m for Luiz). On yesterday's display he'll never be returning to City. He may come good that's my only hope, but it won't be this season and he is the wrong player to get us out of the predicament we are in. Nakamba for me over Luiz any day!
On a positive the Villa fans who stayed and sang loud and proud through the 2nd half despite the dross on the pitch, was brilliant support and whilst accepting the negative, whinging almost child-like element of some of our support to know we have a core that are claret and blue through and through is brilliant!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 10:13:40 AM by Abbeyfealeavfc »

Offline cdward

« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2020, 10:12:23 AM »
We have definitely become a team that doesn't foul a lot. Now whilst that is admirable in allowing the game to flow, if it allows your opposition time and space to build up their attacks time and again, it is not working.
It frustrates me how we stand off the opposition so often, in a "come and break us down then" approach. When we should be stepping in to them and forcing them to play.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2020, 10:14:10 AM »
The thing is, what's the point of going all at it in the home leg against Leicester if we are just going to have no belief in the final.  Especially if we  are then tired with Bournemouth a few days later.

Runners-up medals, I suppose, and the very very tiny narrow chance of more than that. We forget these guys are human beings and they want to contest finals, even if they hardly deserve to be involved in one on the basis of the collective season we've had so far.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2020, 10:27:13 AM »
The most disappointed thing is that we ran around keeping a decent five yards off city players without bothering to put a tackle in let them know they are in a game. The only time we put a decent tackle in in centre circle we ended up in their box with the resultant penalty. An unbelievably non competitive performance.

Offline Luffbralion

« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2020, 10:28:30 AM »
According to MOTD2 we only lost that game by 2.76 to 1.12 expected goals. Clearly, Man City just edged it...

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2020, 10:35:22 AM »
The most disappointed thing is that we ran around keeping a decent five yards off city players without bothering to put a tackle in let them know they are in a game. The only time we put a decent tackle in in centre circle we ended up in their box with the resultant penalty. An unbelievably non competitive performance.

Agreed

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2020, 10:35:23 AM »
We have definitely become a team that doesn't foul a lot. Now whilst that is admirable in allowing the game to flow, if it allows your opposition time and space to build up their attacks time and again, it is not working.
It frustrates me how we stand off the opposition so often, in a "come and break us down then" approach. When we should be stepping in to them and forcing them to play.

Our midfield three apparently made four tackles yesterday, it's doing the rounds on Twitter.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal