collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Silhouettes vs Manchester City Post-Match Thrashing  (Read 24219 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Aston Villa Silhouettes vs Manchester City Post-Match Thrashing
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2020, 07:07:11 PM »
Hate the majority of our players. Starting to dislike Smith, immensely.

Wank.

Yeah mate that’s where I am although it pains me to admit it. 2015/16 called, it wants its shit club back.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2020, 07:07:28 PM »
Dean was very honest with his post match interview but seems to be holding Pitarch responsible, solely, for the signing of players, almost, in my opinion, to be distancing himself from the transfer activity?

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2020, 07:09:12 PM »
Didn't think we were nailed on to be safe by beating Burnley and don't think we are nailed on to be relegated by losing to the best footballing side in the league (when we are also missing heaton, mcginn and any forward of note).
Next 6 games will be crucial. This was always a free hit and Smith treated it as such I think. We were ok against Liverpool and lost, we were absolutely awful today and lost...meh, move on. But we need a forward to hit the ground running as a bare minimum.
It's not the defeat, it's the manner of the defeat.  No fight, no spirit, no organisation, weird team selection, dismal performances all round and inertia from the bench.  Drinkwater played 78 minutes for pity's sake.  This wasn't a case of Man City turning up and playing like kings, defeating a plucky but ultimately not good enough Villa.  It was them turning up and playing tidily against non-existent opponents.  We're in the relegation zone, Smith shouldn't be treating anything as a free hit.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2020, 07:09:26 PM »
So we got 0 points. We need to focus on the next 3. That will have more bearing on survival than whether we lost by 1 or 4 or 8 today.

It's gonna take sooo much more than winning, or doing well in those three games in order for us to stay up.

It’s not really, if and it is obviously an if, we beat those 3 teams, we’ll need another couple of wins and draws and we’d be safe.

I thought today would be bad, had none of the enthusiasm that I had before the Liverpool game. But saying that, although city played us if the park, which is fine in itself they are much better, the frustrating thing is 4 of their goals we’re our mistakes. Other than Taylor (the most terrifying thing I saw was De Bruyne running around him), the defence for me wasn’t the problem, it was the middle of the park and the fact we have nothing up front.

Despite this result, the schizophrenia of some of threads, Burnley and Leicester yes c’mon, Man City everything’s shit. The Smith our rhetoric is tedious now, it’s fairly obvious their not getting rid, and even if they did in the next couple of months, the idea of a big hitter coming for a relegation scrap is laughable, so what would that leave, an Allardyce?? I would honestly rather be down in the championship that have that self promoting, dodgy, shit football merchant at the club

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2020, 07:11:06 PM »
We were a shambles. Boys versus men (again).

The only ones to come out of that with any credibility were Jack, AEG and Trez. The rest were beyond woeful.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2020, 07:12:22 PM »
Look at Southampton lost 9 nil at home a few months back and now look at them , it can soon change it is that tight down there 

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2020, 07:12:37 PM »
Dean was very honest with his post match interview but seems to be holding Pitarch responsible, solely, for the signing of players, almost, in my opinion, to be distancing himself from the transfer activity?
Blaming someone else you say?  That's a startling development.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2020, 07:13:22 PM »
We need to sever the emotional connection to Smith and get rid.

Online avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2020, 07:15:21 PM »
The manner is which you lose games count for nothing....you get no points for it. We had it against Burnley, we had it against Leicester...I'm not saying we should be happy about it, just a sense of realism. I think I'd be drained watching them lot ping the ball around for 90 minutes like that...in fact I was.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2020, 07:15:35 PM »
Out of interest anyone pay 50 quid for a ticket today? Attendance was nearly 42k so imagine Upper Trinity was pretty much full.

I assume it wasn't just full of day trippers just wanting to take selfies of Pep and De Bruyne.

I've always said if the club wants to start charging those prices for the top games they need to make sure we've got an 11 on the grass who can go toe to toe with the opposition. That part has been neglected a little bit.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2020, 07:18:15 PM »
Maybe they can get a refund under Trade Descriptions Act.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »

Is there any chance he threw Pitarch/Drinkwater under a bus today? The thought has crossed my mind, particularly not replacing DD at half time. Starting him was unforgivable really but leaving him on until he nearly keeled over seemed a tad vindictive.

Offline richrunner

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2020, 07:23:22 PM »
Out of interest anyone pay 50 quid for a ticket today? Attendance was nearly 42k so imagine Upper Trinity was pretty much full.

I assume it wasn't just full of day trippers just wanting to take selfies of Pep and De Bruyne.

I've always said if the club wants to start charging those prices for the top games they need to make sure we've got an 11 on the grass who can go toe to toe with the opposition. That part has been neglected a little bit.

There were quite a few daytrippers from where I was sat in the Upper North - where these people come from I have no idea (considering we have a lot of season ticket holders), but it goes with the territory in the PL I guess.

Still, we'll be back to 28k against Rotherham on a Friday night again soon if something drastic isnt done about the situation...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 07:25:49 PM by richrunner »

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2020, 07:26:07 PM »
The manner is which you lose games count for nothing...

Stopped reading after that bollocks.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2020, 07:26:29 PM »
Never seen so many exit at half-time.Trinity Rd was like full time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal