collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leicester v Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 16227 times)

Online Flamingo Lane

Re: Leicester v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2020, 09:57:39 PM »
Looking at it philosophically, if we hadn't conceded the goal in the terrible way we did we would probably have conceded one in some other way.

And that's a good result.  The last thing we needed today was something like a 3-0 defeat to have hanging over us until the second leg.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2020, 09:57:50 PM »
I would have taken 1-1 before kick of, delighted with that now, the most important thing is we didn't let Leicester get away from us, in goals, performance, or any other part the game, in fact you could say we came closest to a 2-1 victory.

Mings was outstanding, big giant shout for Nyland, a couple of players there should really be dragged across the coals for there lack of effort in that game, but overall a great result, its down to the home game 2nd leg.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2020, 09:57:55 PM »
Yes, I agree about the keeper, seems to have improved greatly.  A very solid defensive display with our usual naivety, slow thought processes and poor ball retention.  I would have snatched your hands off had I been offered 1-1 before the game.  But boy do we need two or three players.  I hope to God that Drinkwater rediscovers his Leicester performances and quickly. Desperately need another wide player and a forward.  Trezeguet was anonymous, Luiz and Nakamba, whilst the latter improved slightly, were overall dreadful, slow and constantly gave the ball away.  Mings was amazing and the other defensive players were very good.  We really need to build a team around Jack.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2020, 09:58:03 PM »
Horrible goal to concede, just completely unnecessary.  But we look SO much more solid with three at the back.  Mings was his imperious best, and Nyland could comforably be number 1 for the rest of the season looking at that.  Great shot-stopping, came for and claimed couple of crosses I didn't think he would get, and his distribution seems to have improved.

Luiz... well, for a Brazilian, he has a pretty ropey first touch. I'm willing to give them a little leeway, because they were chasing shadows for much of the game, but he and Nakamba just don't look a bit off the pace.

I'd have snapped your hand off for 1-1 before the game, so have to be happy with the result, but the manner of their equaliser is going to leave a bad taste I think.

Offline steamer

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2020, 09:58:06 PM »
At last, a battling performance

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2020, 09:58:12 PM »
Proud of the defence and keeper tonight. Disappointed to only be drawing at the start of the second leg.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2020, 09:58:35 PM »
Given how thin we are right now in a number of areas that was a superb result. Mings in a back three is outstanding, and who is this keeper we now have? Brilliant from Nyland tonight. Just gutting that Luiz was so careless and all of the hard work was undone with that one piece of carelessness. It's much better than all of us possibly imagined at the start of the night. Hopefully in 3 weeks time we have a few new players to improve us and get us over the line.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2020, 10:00:04 PM »
Very solid performance, could have won it if Nakamba and Luis didn't appear stoned at times.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2020, 10:00:54 PM »
I'd have bitten your hand off for this result at kick-off but feel a bit let down by the equalizer. 

A one-off cup tie at Villa Park to get to a Wembley final?  Bring it on!

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2020, 10:01:28 PM »
Had the Liverpool plasic opposite me at work who happens to live in Leicester (so Leicester are his second team) full of it all day. 1-1 on your big day out - take that.

How decent is Nyland???

That sounds unbearable, mate. I'd look into changing jobs.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2020, 10:01:42 PM »
Great result, Mings superb, we can do it now.

UP THE VILLA

Online itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2020, 10:02:57 PM »
Great battling display, players playing for the shirt like it means something .

Nyland - got a feeling this lad is going to be a hero by the end of the year. He's a changed man and we don't need another keeper.

Mings - myself included, before he was injured we questioned if he should be dropped because of the mistakes. We were all wrong. He is the bedrock at the back, talking all the time

Luiz and Nakamba - one of them alongside Drinkwater will be fine. Needed more experience there tonight

Grealish - one of those players that in future years we will say "I saw him play you know, legend he was"

El Ghazi - inconsistent but I'll take tonights performance all day long

Bring it on at Villa Park, this is our cup after all

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2020, 10:03:01 PM »
Nyland looks like a different player now, deserves a shot at no.1

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2020, 10:03:16 PM »
That feeling of kidlington wasn't totally unfounded.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2020, 10:04:22 PM »
Apart from the brain fart, really enjoyed that. Team grew into the game.
Mings and Nyland most impressive. The former hasn’t put a foot wrong in the two games since his return and the switch to 3 at the back - seems to really suit his game, and Nyland has successfully auditioned for the number one shirt in my opinion..... solid performances since coming back in. Hopefully we have a non-cuptied striker in before the return leg 🤞🏼

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal