collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham v Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 22665 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Fulham v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2020, 05:19:55 PM »
Fulham may have played like a team, a very shit one.

That ran rings 'round us. I dream of us being that shit.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2020, 05:20:19 PM »
Listening on the wireless, that sounded like a whole bunch of piles of assorted shites.

Thanks for letting me not have to worry about winning it for another year. Nah, honest, it's alright, I'm sure I'm going to live forfuckingever.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2020, 05:20:23 PM »
Still annoys me when we go out.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2020, 05:21:59 PM »
Didn’t know Knockaert played for them until he scored. Always liked him
I thought he was by far the best player on the pitch today.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2020, 05:22:22 PM »
Quite an ungracious interview with DS on 5 Live just now. He suggested that it was an even game and that Fulham got lucky with the goals.

They were better all over the pitch.

It was an even game.

Apart from Fulham having more possession, shots, corners, and shots on target there wasn't a gnat's chuff between the 2 sides.

Ha! And the goals, of course.

He said that Arter scored a goal that he'll never score again for the rest of his career. Now, that may be true, but there's no need to piss on the lad's chips just because your own side played like shit.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2020, 05:23:36 PM »
I'm not bothered we're out given our thin squad and precarious league position, but the shitness of our second string is worrying

Offline Five Villa Tattoos

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2020, 05:24:00 PM »
Well that’s proved we have no strength in depth what so ever.
Absolute shower the lot of them.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2020, 05:24:09 PM »
Not sure what rationale Smith will use for not keeping the same formation as Burnley. It was a standard mid table championship game, or maybe even a pre season version. Our squad depth is very average but I don't think Smith's set up remotely helped. We scored a fine equaliser and obviously AEG missed an utter sitter. Two we conceded were worldies so a little unlucky.

Positives - Nyland was fine, Chester got through 90 mins. Elmo was fine, Kodjia did ok I thought on very limited possession.
Negatives - Nakamba was really poor, disgraceful effort for the first goal but has an awful lot to learn positionally. Other two midfielders anonymous with and without the ball, we desperately need a better midfielder in Jan than these three. Engels was poor I thought, made a number of poor decisions. AEG offered nothing in wing play but must be worth trying him down the middle. Jota isn't a right winger but we knew that anyway.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2020, 05:24:27 PM »

They kept possession and knocked it around without much pressure, see the amount of passes that led to their winner.

If Lansbury or Kodjia had an ounce of Knockaert's desire we might have had a chance. Hourihane did his usual invisible routine away from home.

We are so weak without Mings and Grealish but for a coach that espouses attacking football, Smith was kidding himself in the 5Live interview just now, mentioning the couple of chances we created in the game. We were comfortably the poorer team.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2020, 05:27:31 PM »

They kept possession and knocked it around without much pressure, see the amount of passes that led to their winner.

If Lansbury or Kodjia had an ounce of Knockaert's desire we might have had a chance. Hourihane did his usual invisible routine away from home.

We are so weak without Mings and Grealish but for a coach that espouses attacking football, Smith was kidding himself in the 5Live interview just now, mentioning the couple of chances we created in the game. We were comfortably the poorer team.

I'm surprised he doesn't catch more flak. He'll score a banger, earn a start and then completely disappear.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2020, 05:28:21 PM »
Quite an ungracious interview with DS on 5 Live just now. He suggested that it was an even game and that Fulham got lucky with the goals.

They were better all over the pitch.

It was an even game.

Apart from Fulham having more possession, shots, corners, and shots on target there wasn't a gnat's chuff between the 2 sides.

That’s the kind of bollocks that drives me nuts. And it’s why I wasn’t jumping up and down after Burnley. We still have so many fucking issues. The players obviously have to be good enough, but straight away Dean Smith goes back to a formation that simply hasn’t worked in a long time. We were completely outplayed today. We all saw it. And yet comes up with shit like this to essentially tell us we are all wrong. It’s no different to the rubbish Bruce spouted pretty much any time we lost.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2020, 05:29:09 PM »
Why do managers do this, it was one of the good things about Smith, I felt I had watched the same game as him.
But now he has reverted to the post match defend my corner. Surely he realizes it’s daft to do this.
Or is it just the pressure getting to him?

Offline TonyD

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2020, 05:29:14 PM »
Not good enough by all concerned.  The formation, the passion, the passing blah blah. 
Not a whimper.
Will it be the same shite against Leicester?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2020, 05:29:30 PM »

That ran rings 'round us. I dream of us being that shit.

They're still selling tickets for big clashes against Hull and Boro, fill your boots.

Fulham were dreadful. We were dreadful. They managed to less dreadful in two moments, when afforded all the time.in the world.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2020, 05:30:27 PM »
Dean does have a tendency to spout some utter nonsense after we lose. We are far too frequently a team who look like they’ve never met, let alone been coached.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal