collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Aston Villa Manager  (Read 55959 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Next Aston Villa Manager
« Reply #270 on: December 29, 2019, 07:57:32 AM »
The weird thing is, I can see Pearson getting Watford mid-table. In many ways he laid the foundation for Leicester's title winning season. A right cnut mind,, but perhaps that's just what we need?

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #271 on: December 29, 2019, 08:07:04 AM »
Jardim is now available i think he is a really good manager

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #272 on: December 29, 2019, 08:42:51 AM »
He’s not a coward, he’s just struggling.  Why you have to lay on the hyperbole is beyond me, it’s almost like you enjoy it.
[/quote]

This. Ridiculous accusation. Then again in the heat of the moment football gets us to say some daft things. I’ve been guilty of the ‘I never want to see (insert name here) in a Villa shirt ever again’ enough times.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 08:57:04 AM by RichardBatchelor »

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #273 on: December 29, 2019, 09:37:43 AM »
We need a manager that can organise a back 4, understand how to not leave the side completely open through the middle, and exploit the attacking ability of Grealish, while attracting a couple of players up to that can actually score. We still lack pace horribly, we still don't run enough, we still don't close down crosses properly. Who that is I have no idea, but our owners have to sell the vision to whoever it is and make sure they know what they are doing. I would love Rafa but Purslow isn't going to do that. Poch is a pipe dream that just won't happen. I genuinely wonder whether Terry with an experienced number 2 might be a bit more motivating to the players.

Offline nigel

« Reply #274 on: December 29, 2019, 09:52:58 AM »
We need a manager that can organise a back 4, understand how to not leave the side completely open through the middle, and exploit the attacking ability of Grealish, while attracting a couple of players up to that can actually score. We still lack pace horribly, we still don't run enough, we still don't close down crosses properly. Who that is I have no idea, but our owners have to sell the vision to whoever it is and make sure they know what they are doing. I would love Rafa but Purslow isn't going to do that. Poch is a pipe dream that just won't happen. I genuinely wonder whether Terry with an experienced number 2 might be a bit more motivating to the players.

Don’t you think Terry is part of the problem, though?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #275 on: December 29, 2019, 10:20:18 AM »
I have Never subscribed to the idea that it’s the number 2 fault or assistants, you have to look at the person who has the authority and responsibility, in respect of the playing side of the club it’s Dean Smith.
Do you think Terry would make the same decisions that Smith is making? Very unlikely.
It’s the CEO job to work out what the fuck is going on and remedy it.
If they make a decision quickly then Terry is most likely to have an interim role, for how long that is anybody’s guess.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #276 on: December 29, 2019, 10:38:30 AM »
Whoever it is will still need a centre forward and a few other players.  It’s a shame we missed out of Ancelloti.  Not saying he’d definitely have come, but it’s that kind of ilk we should be after.  There was such good vibes with Smith so it’s a massive shame it’s not working out.  It would be hugely depressing to end up with a Moyes or Allardyce having sacked Smith.  I guess the best from the suggested bunch in the poll would be Wenger.  That kind of manager would go some way to repair the disappointment of smith having to leave. 

Online aj2k77

« Reply #277 on: December 29, 2019, 10:39:52 AM »
Center Forward, Wide man, Center Mid. Those are key for a new manager. Guilbert was fine and Targett can fuck off for Hause.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #278 on: December 29, 2019, 10:42:45 AM »
Oh, and please no more unknown gambles like Remi fucking Garde. 

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #279 on: December 29, 2019, 10:48:52 AM »
Oh, and please no more unknown gambles like Remi fucking Garde. 
Yes, we need to go for a Manager with an impressive CV and Premier League experience like Manual Pellegrini because that worked so well at West Ham !!

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #280 on: December 29, 2019, 11:11:12 AM »
A binary view of getting a replacement.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #281 on: December 29, 2019, 11:16:20 AM »
If we are to make a change, it should be with one thing in mind and nothing else - survival. I don’t give a tinkers cuss about playing it out from the back, all I want from this next 5 months is winning football, by any means.

If that means Allardyce coming in to organise and ruffle a few feathers, so be it. I’ll bet the appointment of Pearson went down like a shit sandwich with Watford fans, but fcuk me they’re looking a lot better now with him in charge.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #282 on: December 29, 2019, 11:38:59 AM »
If we are to make a change, it should be with one thing in mind and nothing else - survival. I don’t give a tinkers cuss about playing it out from the back, all I want from this next 5 months is winning football, by any means.

If that means Allardyce coming in to organise and ruffle a few feathers, so be it. I’ll bet the appointment of Pearson went down like a shit sandwich with Watford fans, but fcuk me they’re looking a lot better now with him in charge.

This. I think some villa fans look back on the Championship years with rose-tinted glasses. Aside from the 10-game run it was absolutely shit. Have a bad weak in the championship and one of your rivals could have climbed 9 points clear of you. No, the championship was soul destroying and would cause the club to lose Grealish, Mings and McGinn. We got out of that quagmire and should do everything we possibly can to avoid ending up there again.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #283 on: December 29, 2019, 11:41:32 AM »
Not advocating Allardyce but I do like the players to a bit scared of the manager.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #284 on: December 29, 2019, 11:44:42 AM »
I don't think Smith will be fired unless / until they have someone else lined up and ready to go.  The last thing we need is 2 or 3 weeks of fannying about trying to persuade people.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal