collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Owners  (Read 16928 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: The Owners
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2019, 02:51:16 PM »
They have spent hundreds of millions in the 18 months they've owned the club and you aren't convinced?

Is simply spending money enough, or would you want to see some evidence that they know what they're doing as well?  Even Xia outspent most other clubs at our level when he first arrived.  I'm not remotely comparing the two regimes, but we do need to see a response from the owners this January.  If not in a managerial replacement, then at least in some acquisitions to give him a chance.

It's not just money on the pitch they have pumped in, it's off it as well and it's been quite a lot. It's something that's easily forgotten.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2019, 03:02:15 PM »
If they make the changes to keep us in the Premier league and invest in players and a manager capable of beating teams like Southampton at home I'll be convinced

'Teams like Southampton'? They are in their eighth consecutive year in the Premier League. Last year we were the fifth best team in the Championship after three seasons down there. Prior to that we spent five years struggling in the Premier League, the 'high point' of those years being two consecutive fifteenth place finishes. I really don't think we should be looking down our noses at 'teams like Southampton' after the way we have  performed for the majority of the last eight years.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2019, 03:04:49 PM »
We should be beating them up if we want to stay up though.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2019, 03:09:06 PM »
They should hand Poch a £12m p/a 5 year deal so I can nurse a semi for half a decade.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2019, 03:17:11 PM »
They should hand Poch a £12m p/a 5 year deal so I can nurse a semi for half a decade.
Yep

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2019, 04:00:35 PM »
Watford have addressed their problem and will now stay up amazing what a new manager brings.

Bottom 3 Southampton at home and the Manor of the defeat is simply unacceptable.

The owners can change all this and keep us a Premier league club.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2019, 04:01:32 PM »
Watford have addressed their problem and will now stay up amazing what a new manager brings.

Bottom 3 Southampton at home and the Manor of the defeat is simply unacceptable.

They win one game under Nigel Pearson and they're now fixed?

Offline kieron

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2019, 04:02:53 PM »

Are you pissed up?

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2019, 04:05:56 PM »

I’d be hard for weeks. Maybe he could buy into the ‘project’

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2019, 04:06:24 PM »

...and finally prove to you they're really serious yeah?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2019, 04:09:25 PM »
They have spent hundreds of millions in the 18 months they've owned the club and you aren't convinced?

Is simply spending money enough, or would you want to see some evidence that they know what they're doing as well?  Even Xia outspent most other clubs at our level when he first arrived.  I'm not remotely comparing the two regimes, but we do need to see a response from the owners this January.  If not in a managerial replacement, then at least in some acquisitions to give him a chance.

We can only go by what they've done so far and complaining about any of it is fucking ridiculous.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2019, 04:10:13 PM »
We will see come the end of the season

Watford with a very good Deeney and a solid manager will stay in this league, they're far too good to go down

Not pissed no, I don't drink

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2019, 04:11:03 PM »
I have no doubt they're serious and even though some of our signings haven't worked out (so far) they've put their hands in their pockets a lot.  But as we know better than most, good intentions don't necessarily translate into sound decision-making.  If things don't pick up soon - by which I mean instantly - they've got a very big decision to make.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2019, 04:20:21 PM »

Watford with a very good Deeney and a solid manager will stay in this league, they're far too good to go down
This is just bollocks. May be you should take up drink?
Can we lock this thread please?

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2019, 04:27:41 PM »

Excellent. A couple of Pearson, Deeney types at Villa Park, and at least they'll get the recognition of being serious owners from you. Phew!

I was only thinking this morning, with Watford on 9 points that they were waaaaay too good to do gown.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 04:30:17 PM by CT »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal