collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sheffield United v Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 20873 times)

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
Re: Sheffield United v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2019, 05:07:32 PM »
We have no rhythm we like what we are , a team mostly put together 6 months ago still trying to blend in.Shef United didn't spend alot but that team has been together 2 years they know their jobs they know what to do ..we still don't.
That said I think its also a case that some players are off form  McGinn for one who is contributing very little currently.Grealish can't get into the game as MF behind can't get hold of the ball long enough.Wes has been poor but Kodia has 20 mins did nothing also as he was left isolated up top with long balls over hit lumped to him.

Next  few games are massive as in Jan Window , lot of talk of the potential of our players , they wont reach that if we go down we need some experienced players coming in , in Jan and if they have to be loans so be it ..needs must 

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2019, 05:07:41 PM »
I said on the match thread.  I know talk of sacking Dean is seen as lynching territory but you only have to look at today’s opposition to see what a well drilled, tactically aware manager can get from a promoted team.  And they’ve spent £100m less than us.

At the moment I couldn't care less if he was potted.  You can't go on making the same mistakes and not changing things.

Completely agree. We look, at present, only a shade better than the last time we stank out the league.

Have got to.change the formation.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2019, 05:07:49 PM »
Southampton and Norwich are both must wins now. And Norwich will be no pushover - ffs they drew at Leicester today. Even Bournemouth won at Chelsea!

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2019, 05:08:01 PM »
I lost count at the amount of times undroppable McGinn squandered possession.

Is Dean Smith going to ride this 4-3-3 formation till the wheels fall off because the wheels are falling off.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2019, 05:08:41 PM »
Shite couple of weeks and, apart from Wolves game, we’ve gone from having a go and being a bit unlucky in the games we’ve lost, to being beaten with relative ease in the last 3 games. 1 win and 1 draw in the last eight games is relegation form. However, I think everyone should reserve judgement on whether that may happen until after Southampton, Norwich and Watford, 7-9 points out of those three and things will feel different....although feels far off at moment.

I know the leagues the most important thing, but I hope he plays a very strong team against Liverpool. With confidence so low the last thing we need is a defeat to Liverpool’s kids. On the flip side if we can manage to get a couple of goals against them it may help with the league.

And sacking smith will not help. I hate comparisons to Fulham, but swapping managers didn’t do anything for them and I can’t think of many examples where it has helped.

Online levico

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2019, 05:09:02 PM »
Being a Villa fan is not enough of a qualification to be our manager.  Looks like a bad move.

Wise words, Brian. It’s sad but true. The owners need to show us what they’re made of.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2019, 05:09:13 PM »
Why a 4 year contract extension at this stage of the season? Very odd decision. Sheff Utd were clinical. We were toothless. So passive, lacking in energy and belief. Did we win 50/50 ball? Very worried for the rest of the season.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2019, 05:09:26 PM »
Being a Villa fan is not enough of a qualification to be our manager.  Looks like a bad move.

Looked a terrible move in May didn't it.

Offline wolfman999

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2019, 05:11:09 PM »
No idea how much we have spent since we went down but it must be approaching 200M ? but to end up with a team not much better than the one that went down is some achievement.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2019, 05:11:43 PM »
Disappointing.
Kodjia should have took that pen! If he had scored that would have boosted him (getting his 1st prem goal) and the team in the last 10-15 mins. If scored it would have boosted one of our strikers ahead of soton, norwich and watford.
Conor was anonymous!

(Winky thing!)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2019, 05:11:50 PM »
We went expecting to lose and we lost, to a far better side.  I know they're having a good season but we really need to start pulling some results out of somewhere.  We've just become pretty shit haven't we?

And betting the house on a 22 year old Brazilian has turned out to be exactly as stupid a decision as it seemed at the time.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2019, 05:12:10 PM »
Dean Smith is a great coach and manger but this is his first tilt at the top level and he's coming up short at the moment but it's only halfway. The fact that he's Villa should have no bearing on his continuation oe otherwise in the job.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2019, 05:12:51 PM »
I lost count at the amount of times undroppable McGinn squandered possession.

Ditto Jack.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2019, 05:13:42 PM »
Dean Smith is a great coach and manger but this is his first tilt at the top level

That's virgin on the ridiculous.

Online Three Spires Villa

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2019, 05:14:22 PM »

Looked a terrible move in May didn't it.

No it didn’t, but it looked very bad today from where I was stood! Anyway the lack of experience, a plan B, failure to change things as they happen on the pitch is causing concern

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal