collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by trinityoap
[Today at 09:49:17 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:47:46 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leicester Post Match Thread  (Read 29248 times)

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: Aston Villa v Leicester Post Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2019, 04:28:07 PM »

Would you mind elaborating?

Seemed pretty clear to me, but i'll simplify it, it would be fucking stupid to do an interview like that.

Spending 100m+, pissing points away and being safe by goal differential is pretty fucking stupid also..

Stupid individual errors are costing us.

Even today we had plenty of decent attacking opportunities.

I'm again very disappointed but you have to allow for the fact this is a very inexperienced team.

Can you call them "opportunities" really? We had 1 shot on goal. At home. We were shit, mate.

We had plenty of chances.

I'd say we were very sloppy, Leicester very good.

Frustrating but we'll get there.

Nothing to be embarrassed at as a promoted side.
Arsenal, Man utd, Everton and Chelsea should be embarrassed- Leicester are so much better.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2019, 04:28:13 PM »
For me they were comfortably the best side we've faced this season. Add in that we made a load of stupid mistakes, had a number of players below par and we're probably lucky it was only 4.

We've been saying the same thing all season. At Spurs stupid mistakes let them back in the game late which we ended up losing. Against Bournemouth stupid mistakes gifted 2 goals and we lost that. In every game we have lost stupid mistakes have cost us. Even in the win vs Norwich a stupid mistake cost as goal. The question is why are we still making stupid mistakes week after week? Why has a manager like Steve Bruce, who we all saw hardly has an amazing team managed to do what is needed to climb to a very solid mid table position. Or Chris Wilder not having spent much at all over the last few seasons got his promoted side to a very solid top half position. This comes down to the manager, who is revealiong himself to be both naive and dare I say it arrogant in his unwillingness to adapt. His stubborness to continue to persevere with a CF who is struggling is mind boggling. If it's not working try something else. Change things up. This is not going to end well for Dean Smith because new contract or not if we start to get detached from the mid table postions then he'll be gone.

He hasn't got another striker. Kodjia is no good post-injury. Let's see what we look like in February.

We simply don't know that for sure because he hasn't been given a run of games. He seems to do ok for Ivory Coast whenever he goes away with them. I would give him two or three games because he will need to get into things but he offers a very different way of playing. That or we stick AEG up there with Trez out wide. We simply have to play a different way because this, right now is not working.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2019, 04:28:41 PM »
Why the fuck would I be scared of an interview. If they decide he's not the man for the job then they should sack him, i'm just not needy enough to demand an interview saying that.

Management has to improve, on field production has to improve.. that's the CEOs job, to make sure that's happening.

It does, it does and it is.

I just don't need an interview as i'm confident that the latter is and will happen.

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2019, 04:29:32 PM »
Teams at the bottom of the do not string 3-4 wins together on the bounce for a reason.

If we can get minimum 9 points from the next five, we will be in a much healthier position. It does not take a massive run of results to be in a much healthier position in the league as it is so tight across the entire bottom half.

The worry is whether or not today knocked confidence. We'll know within the first 45 minutes of the next match how good a manager Smith is and this group of players.

Online malckennedy

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2019, 04:30:28 PM »
Shambles.

Proper 0 out of 10 rubbish from Targett and Wesley.  It cannot be stated enough just how piss poor Wesley is. A completely hopeless, talentless lump. No pace, no ability, nothing. Wank.

Targett and Elmo were the worst.

Yeah.

I can’t stop going on about this. What sort of a twat thinks it’s ok to choose Elmo instead of Guilbert? That on it’s own makes me doubt Smith.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2019, 04:31:34 PM »
Don’t blame Wesley for being crap at the moment.

Blame the board for thinking they could get away with this forward line in the transfer window.

Unforgivable.

Saying that, I’d drop him for Trez as a forward. All this big centre forward holding up balls stuff is so old.

We'd all like another striker but think what spoilt fuckers we sound blaming the board after the amount they have spent saving this club from the total mess it was in.

This is very true...I stand ashamed. But it was so obvious that it could bite us on the arse.

Of course they probably tried for someone else. And rightfully we will never know because business should be private.

I’d actually play Wesley deeper. Not as a target man and play the ball to feet.

But that’s why I’m not a manager!!

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2019, 04:31:46 PM »
Teams at the bottom of the do not string 3-4 wins together on the bounce for a reason.

If we can get minimum 9 points from the next five, we will be in a much healthier position. It does not take a massive run of results to be in a much healthier position in the league as it is so tight across the entire bottom half.

The worry is whether or not today knocked confidence. We'll know within the first 45 minutes of the next match how good a manager Smith is and this group of players.

Not looking forward to going to Bramall Lane with the way our defense is playing.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2019, 04:33:03 PM »

Correct, this will be a defining moment in the future of Dean and his career at the club, he needs to dig deep, get the players focused and get some points in the bank, then we deal with the transfer window, stay up.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2019, 04:33:07 PM »
There must be a striker in our reserves?

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2019, 04:34:13 PM »
There must be a striker in our reserves?

You would think there is a striker somewhere in the club.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2019, 04:34:29 PM »
Heaton - Alright
El Mohamady - Shite
Konsa - Shite
Mings  - Shite
Engels  - Shite
Targett  - Shite
Guilbert - Shite
Nakamba  - Shite
Trézéguet  - Shite
El Ghazi  - Shite
McGinn  - Shite
Douglas Luiz  - Shite
Grealish - Alright.
Wesley - Shite
Dean Smith  - Shite
Fans  - Shite once they realised we were shite (seemed like it on the telly anyway).
Studio presenter lady on RMC  - Shite (but would not say no if asked.)
Weather - Shite

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2019, 04:35:06 PM »
For me they were comfortably the best side we've faced this season. Add in that we made a load of stupid mistakes, had a number of players below par and we're probably lucky it was only 4.

We've been saying the same thing all season. At Spurs stupid mistakes let them back in the game late which we ended up losing. Against Bournemouth stupid mistakes gifted 2 goals and we lost that. In every game we have lost stupid mistakes have cost us. Even in the win vs Norwich a stupid mistake cost as goal. The question is why are we still making stupid mistakes week after week? Why has a manager like Steve Bruce, who we all saw hardly has an amazing team managed to do what is needed to climb to a very solid mid table position. Or Chris Wilder not having spent much at all over the last few seasons got his promoted side to a very solid top half position. This comes down to the manager, who is revealiong himself to be both naive and dare I say it arrogant in his unwillingness to adapt. His stubborness to continue to persevere with a CF who is struggling is mind boggling. If it's not working try something else. Change things up. This is not going to end well for Dean Smith because new contract or not if we start to get detached from the mid table postions then he'll be gone.

He hasn't got another striker. Kodjia is no good post-injury. Let's see what we look like in February.

We simply don't know that for sure because he hasn't been given a run of games. He seems to do ok for Ivory Coast whenever he goes away with them. I would give him two or three games because he will need to get into things but he offers a very different way of playing. That or we stick AEG up there with Trez out wide. We simply have to play a different way because this, right now is not working.

We've just had a run of games against the best teams in the country (and possibly continent/planet) plus Man Utd, Wolves and Newcastle. We're not as good as them. We knew that.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2019, 04:36:06 PM »
Is there any indication that money will be made available in January? I'd say that there's a pretty good argument to be made by the chairman that Smith has had enough money already.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2019, 04:38:21 PM »
Is there any indication that money will be made available in January? I'd say that there's a pretty good argument to be made by the chairman that Smith has had enough money already.

True, but then the CEO has to live with the consequences of making and acting upon making an argument like that, horrendous.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2019, 04:38:35 PM »
I'd be amazed and disappointed if we didn't bring in 2 or 3 players, I doubt we'll be spending £100m for example but I fully expect we'll be doing some business, or at least will be trying to as one thing I do believe is we won't do any panic signings.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 04:41:30 PM by PeterWithesShin »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal